Cancelled Television Shows - Ongoing

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, May 22, 2020.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Well, I was going by what I read earlier in the thread that it was thought that the series had been canceled, but it looks like NBC has decided to give the show a second season after all?

NBC's should call their Jane/Ellen game night ... "MUST WATCH MEAN-SPIRITED BIT#$ES TV", because that's exactly what it is!

3. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I'm usually onboard with most of Chuck Lorre's sitcom's, but "Mom" never played well in our household. The idea of trying to find humor in "additions", especially in a sitcom, was a pretty taboo idea from the start. We luckily have non of those additions in our home, but we really frowned on the idea of laughing at someone else's. It was one thing to laugh at a character like Sheldon on "Big Bang" and the many other "far too smart for their own good" characters on the show, versus Penny, who is supposed to be the "super cute blond bimbo without a clue", because that could be funny and often was. Too bad that they made so many episodes of "Mom" because I often fall asleep to old reruns of "Friends" on TBS, only to have my wife wake up bit#$ing that "Mom" woke her up when it follows "Friends". Those two shows don't really compliment each other at all!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Bummer. I enjoyed the show but I had a bad feeling about a pending cancellation. It felt like the show lost a bit of it's mojo vs earlier seasons.

Looks like it's being replaced with NCIS:Hawaii.

5. MikaelaArsenault

6. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

Superstore double episode finale is tomorrow. I wouldn't have thought one character leaving would have made such a big difference, but this season has been quite a step down. I haven't paid attention/researched whether there were behind the scenes changes like writers that might have contributed.

7. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

We've just started watching this on Netflix in the UK. Great show. I hope it's not going to be like Community...:sigh:

8. MikaelaArsenault

9. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Considering it stars Allison Janey and Anna Faris, two actresses with great comedic talent, the show fell flat for me. Even after Kristen Johnston and French Stewart had joined the cast, I couldn't be bothered to give it another shot.

Chris C likes this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

11. MikaelaArsenault

12. MikaelaArsenault

13. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

My wife just did the last episode of NCIS New Orleans. She did background on multiple episodes of the series. Usually a patron in the background or a “khaki” in the office scenes. Post COVID they’ve had fewer people on set. Most people down here think the show was pretty lame, but it created jobs and we were grateful for that.

jpelg, marmalade166 and Veggie Boy like this.
  14. MikaelaArsenault

15. DPM

DPM Senior Member

Sad to see Prodigal Son getting axed. I like that show.

JDeanB, tonyc and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  17. Agreed.

DPM, tonyc and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  18. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault and Shawn like this.
  19. puddin

puddin Forum Resident

I am bummed about Prodigal Son too. The acting talent in this show elevates it above most others. It had lower ratings but I think people just didn’t give it a chance. With the big name of Michael Sheen in the cast, maybe Netflix will be smart enough to pick it up and save it like they did with other shows?

MikaelaArsenault and DPM like this.
  20. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Prodigal Son is my favorite show. This has been a great season. The murder episode in prison when Martin helps them solve the case was inspired writing and acting.

I'm excited about the HBO Max rumor.

21. MikaelaArsenault

22. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

905 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  24. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Disappointed to hear about "Mixed-ish". I thought it was a strong follow for "Black-ish" which I also really like.

Wonder what ABC will put in that 30-minute slot?

25. Glenpwood

Glenpwood Hyperactive!

Shame about Mixed-ish. It's been consistently better than Black-ish this season but the long delay in launching season 2 and slotting it against the final 30 mins of This Is Us killed it. I assume now Old-ish or whatever they were going to call the Pops & Ruby spin off is DOA.

All the backstage drama at American Housewife probably played into ABC not seeing much upside in continuing it. I never much took to replacement Anna-Kat anyway.

Call Your Mother kinda righted itself as it went along, but Kyra Sedgwick deserved better. In some episodes she seemed to play things very manic to distract the viewer and punch up the dull generic writing.