Plastic Ono Band box coming in 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Beatles_Apple

Beatles_Apple Forum Resident

Plastic Ono Band tracks should be on Plastic Ono Band releases. This isn’t rocket science.

2. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

It has BEEN set.... since the first hint in October.
    Her last name is also Lennon.

Glad Man likes this.
  3. green_ovation

Right, she’s gonna be on there. But if she was NOT on there, it would STILL be Plastic Ono Band tracks on that release.

4. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

I would love to know if the Yoko tracks would have been on this release if she still had over all control of what comes out. I’m convinced the idea of adding her tracks came from Sean, I may of course be wrong but there wasn’t a Fly track to be found on the audio box set of Imagine.

green_ovation likes this.
  5. green_ovation

I agree. That’s his Mama!

beatlesaint likes this.
  6. green_ovation

When the title of the album is “John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (The Ultimate Collection)” and not “Plastic Ono Band”, his last name kinda IS there.

7. green_ovation

Ah.... but just wait until they release the new and improved ImagONO !!!
    “Buy Imagine yet again, but this time it has Yoko!”
    :D:p:cool::realmad::pineapple::waiting::love::rant::yikes::goodie::crazy::cop::magoo::tiphat::shtiphat::hide::biglaugh:

beatlesaint likes this.
  8. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

For all we know this set could be called “Who are the Plastic Ono Band?”

There seems to have been a lot of focus on “Plastic Ono Band” as a thing over the past year

ConnieGuitar and Shawn like this.
  9. BillyBudapest'sPajamas

BillyBudapest'sPajamas Forum Resident

Yoko’s stuff is in the box. Good. I like some of it. Some people will like it, some people won’t. If you want the big box without Yoko... tough.

10. beatlesaint

beatlesaint Forum Resident

Yep and he’s gonna promote her work as well as his father’s.

green_ovation likes this.
  11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

As long as the Yoko stuff doesn’t mean we will end up getting less John stuff, the more the merrier.

12. green_ovation

Hey, 159 new John Lennon mixes, 12 of which is him making his wife’s first album.
    (For the people that don’t want Yoko, that’s still 147 new John Lennon mixes you can enjoy)
    I AM IN! They can call it Fred for all I care...*

*(Nevertheless, it will be called “John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band (The Ultimate Collection)” Look for the announcement on March 4 and a release date of April 16. John Lennon, with a special appearance by Yoko Ono, bring you the new expanded edition of HIS first proper solo album, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band!!!!!”.... or something like that!)

///o-o\\\///-.-\\\

13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Surely the next Nirvana box set will have a couple hours of Courtney Love screaming.

javilu77 likes this.
  14. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

This is the one with the George sample on it, isn’t it? That makes it 3/4 of the Beatles backing her up. Plus I could swear those bird noises are the same ones from the beginning of the 1968 version of across the universe.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  15. BuCo

BuCo A guy who can't have enough Super Deluxe box sets

Not to be dramatic or a "Yoko-basher", but all 4 Beatles at the top of their game could be backing her up and I'd still avoid it for having her vocalizations :hide:

But, then again, that's just me :shrug: YMMV

16. Chazz Avery

Chazz Avery Music Addict

I hope Yoko's stuff from the POB sessions is included but I hope "AOS" is not. It breaks the flow.

17. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

They are, using the same library sound effect tape at EMI Abbey Road. Pink Floyd also used these noises around the same time while they were recording there

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. green_ovation

Yes that will be on the Kurt Cobain/Plastic Ono Band (The Ultimate Collection) box due in October... or December.... or January...or April.... or.....

19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Which is fine, that is my opinion. I tried to listen to the “live” Ono tracks from the set, just unlistenable for the most part. It’s great if you like it, good for you. Just not for me

But despite the Yoko tracks, plenty in the set to make it a purchase

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  20. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I tried, couldn’t get through it.

anthony_beat and applejam101 like this.
  21. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Yoko sessions? No. John edited several jams for the creation of Yoko's album + a 1968 song.

mikecarrera and green_ovation like this.
  22. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

I know there's already been 50+ years of arguably largely undeserved Ono-bashing in the world, but I really don't get why people are so confused about this. Their two POB albums were recorded together and therefore the sessions cover both albums. As someone noted above, It's not Rocket Surgery.

Don't like her material (I'm ambivalent about it myself, personally)? Most systems have a handy little feature called a 'skip track' button.

Disc 4 will be 79 minutes entirely devoted to the sound of her counting Kurt's money.

The BluRay will feature an extra disc that takes a 3 hour deep dive into the many ways in which she wisely invests it.

23. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Hmmm... "Rocket Surgery". o_O

Is that when a spaceship needs to have its gallbladder removed?

;)

24. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Who are the Plastic Ono Band?

You Are the Plastic Ono Band

Ken Wood likes this.
  25. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

If the "lead" on that was Eric Clapton on a fuzzed-out Les Paul everyone here would be all over it. Maybe about as much as the Apple Jam, but still.