Neil Young—Way Down in the Rust Bucket

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ExHead, Jan 13, 2021.

1. m_y_t_h

m_y_t_h Forum Resident

Amazon Canada was giving me a date of something like March 8 - 26. Then I got an email saying they were unable to estimate a delivery date. :cry:

SteveFff likes this.
  2. Gonzo-a-gogo

Gonzo-a-gogo Tombstone hand, graveyard mind

Yeah, I got an email from US Amazon yesterday:

Previous estimated delivery date:
    Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - Monday, April 5, 2021

New estimated delivery date:
    Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - Friday, March 19, 2021

This feels err promising? (lol)

Rockford & Roll and m_y_t_h like this.
  3. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

Apologies if it's been discussed before but does anyone know why the audio from the official videos and what I'm assuming will be the audio for the DVD sounds so bad compared to the official audio?

heepsterandrey likes this.
  4. I had to choose between this and the 2011 Neil Young and the International Harvesters double live lp. Since the latter was my first Neil show, I went with that. I love Neil's country albums so much. This 1990 live set from Santa Cruz looks super tasty as well since my second Neil show was in San Antonio only a few months away from the Santa Cruz show. Those were both such killer shows.

5. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

My US Amazon Order says Arriving between Mar 3-Apr 5

6. James Bennett

James Bennett Forum Resident

a lot of the time with NY stuff and Amazon.ca I find they’re clueless on estimated date then all of a sudden one day it just ships out. Happened with the Times EP today to me.

m_y_t_h likes this.
  7. m_y_t_h

m_y_t_h Forum Resident

I'll hold tight for the moment, but I was considering just ordering it from Warner Canada. I suppose there's not guarantee that'll be quicker, though.

8. 24JGM

24JGM Forum Resident

The videos are just 48/16-bit because they're uploaded to Vimeo; the DVD should sound better.

Jake362 likes this.
  9. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

That’s what it said

Gonzo-a-gogo likes this.
  10. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

I think the videos are still the rough mix from when he previewed them last year. The Weld videos also sound pretty bad in the file cabinet.

Anyway, still no Rust Bucket DVD in the EU store...

11. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I just checked my Amazon (US) order and it says April 5. Hopefully, that gets bumped up.

12. John D.

John D. Senior Member

My Amazon order order says Mar 3 - Apr 5 for the Deluxe.

13. Jake362

Honestly surprised more of you don't just order from Neil's site

14. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

That's quite a range.

15. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That's date certain by Neil's standards! :laugh:

16. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Hey Shakes.
    How you doin'...?

:wave:

Jake362 likes this.
  17. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Just a joke.
    I have no inclination, either way.

Although I'd prefer to purchase the DVD as effortlessly as possible.

Jake362 likes this.
  18. Jake362

I figured, lol. I love the fact that Amazon can give you such quick delivery but I've been having issues with them lately, losing packages and damaged items (which end up being a huge hassle because they won't send a replacement until they receive the original). Greedy Hand has been pretty good to me and their customer service is dope.

19. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Kinda has me worried. :shake:

JoeF. likes this.
  20. Denaz

Denaz Forum Resident

Have they released "just the DVD" yet? Or do you have to buy the super duper, deluxe, first class box set?

21. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

The DVD as a stand-alone is available.

I listened to both Homegrown and Country Home today on NYA. Really loud. It was simply great!

Denaz likes this.
  22. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Understood. Amazon is an opiate -- in that, they don't even blink on a return request.

Honestly, I'm not entirely comfortable with my consumer ethics. Gillian Welch, in particular applies. It feels better to just go to the "source".

Jake362 likes this.
  23. Denaz

Denaz Forum Resident

Whoa, I missed that, ordering now, thanks for the heads up, going right to the source, the hand thats greedy!!

ARK likes this.
  24. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

Yeah, I'd love to order from Gillian directly, but 25 dollars in shipping and customs takes make it an almost 100 dollar set for me. That's just too much.

Anyway with regards to the Rust Bucket DVD, I sent a letter to the editor asking if it will remain a US exclusive.

25. Once upon a time Amazon were fantastically efficient at shipping stuff on or before release date.I have noticed in the last few years this no longer seems to be the case.I think as music has become a lower priority for them they just don’t care.Not that I know personally as they geoblocked Australia 3 years ago.Probably did me a favour as it forced me to seek out other better retailers.For Rust Bucket I have used Importscd.com who mostly ship a few days before release.It is not even being released in Australia.Get off that Amazon default.

Warning! Warning!The US delivery might be better but Canada Post is a disgrace for international orders.I have still not had delivery of Archives Volume 2 87 days after Warner’s gave it to Canada Post.Neither has anyone else in this part of the world.People in the UK waited for up to 2 months.Canada Post are the worlds most incompetent international mail system-more a storage service than a delivery service.

I had to -as in really wanted-get the 3cd for the Boots No 2 box so swallowed the shipping cost.At least it was packaged in a 12”

sized case with a well made book with it.Greedy Hand US are charging $US16 postage for an “envelope” containing the CD sized Rust Bucket and Shakespeare dvds.Gillian’s mailing is cheap by comparison.

Heart of Gold likes this.