Neil Young—Way Down in the Rust Bucket

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ExHead, Jan 13, 2021.

1. wabrit

wabrit from gardens where we feel secure

I tried that once (the UK site). Never again.

sonnyrock and dtuck90 like this.
  2. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I'm taking my chances because I ordered Way Down In The Rust Bucket 4LP and Archives II retail version at the same time with a 15% discount and it comes with hi-res downloads. Fingers crossed!

primoridal_ooze, ARK, KDubATX and 2 others like this.
  4. Ummm, there's a global pandemic gong on right now. You're pretty astute to be able to critically analyze a foreign postal service living half a world away. Yes, things are slow within Canada and many other countries right now due to the pandemic. The specific reasons why should be pretty obvious.

primoridal_ooze and ET3311 like this.
  5. wabrit

wabrit from gardens where we feel secure

I'm in a similar boat - ordered the NYA II set with the 15% discount from GHUK, but I've got a covering order with amazon just in case it goes pear-shaped.

6. m_y_t_h

m_y_t_h Forum Resident

As much as international customers who ordered from the Canadian store had trouble, I have not had any significant delays with any Canada Post orders other than regular lettermail. At most I've experienced short delays with packages compared to regular service standards.

I did, however, order my Vol. 2 box from the US store and it made it to Canada very quickly.

ET3311 likes this.
  7. Jake362

Jake362 Mystic Knight of the Oingo Boingo

I've only had one issue with GH...I ordered the ATGR 50 cd and ended up getting the regular edition in the mail, I emailed customer service and they immediately sent me the correct item and even told me I could keep the first package. Also after ordering Archives 2 I sent an email regarding never getting a coupon for being a subscriber and they quickly added one to the order and refunded a portion of my purchase.....ill take slightly slower delivery if it means that kind of customer service.

Billy_Sunday, ARK and goodboyfred like this.
  8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I think there's a difference in service levels between the US store and the others though. My preorder of the Archives II first press from the US store arrived in London on the Monday after the Friday it was released. Incredible. But some who ordered from the UK store have only just received their copies. Terrible.

sonnyrock likes this.
  9. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Neil even said in LTTE a few weeks ago he recommends using other places rather than the U.K. Greedy Hand store

wabrit likes this.
  10. Umm.Since November I have ordered a variety of packages from both North America and Europe that have been sent through a number of different mailing systems and carriers.All have arrived in between 1 and 3 weeks.The current 88 days undelivered for this is inexcusable in this context.The ineptitude is systemic as they quote 2-3 months for delivery that every other postal service in the world quotes 2-3 weeks for and completes delivery during that time frame.
    Some peoples copies of Archives Volume 2 didn’t move 1 centimetre from the spot where Warner’s handed them over to Canada Post for 71 days.At one stage Warner’s launched a selective rescue mission to get some of the stranded Archives packages back from Canada Post and transferred them to UPS.People in Australia then got those copies within 48 hours.No other mail system in the world is this incompetent at international parcel delivery.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  11. Night Beat

Night Beat Well-Known Member

Keep in mind one of Ontario's largest Canada post distribution center's had nearly 300 positive cases.

12. After mine spent 54 days sitting still in Ontario it then moved to British Columbia where it has spent another 34 days sitting still.I repeat no other postal system in the world is this incompetent with international mail delivery and most are facing the same issues.

13. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

It's been 88 days and 88 posts since this guy's mail has been stuck. Who else is interested?

Can we keep the thread on topic please?

14. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Have you received your Certificate of Authenticity?

15. sparkmeister

sparkmeister Forum Resident

Is there anything to say “on topic” when it hasn’t been released yet? Not defending the guy when I say that as I have no interest the status of anyone’s order, other than mine which I’ll keep to myself.

16. dockofthebay

dockofthebay Forum Resident

I've ordered the deluxe edition from amazon UK.

I felt £88 was reasonable given I would have bought the 4LP anyway. The box looks neat, I want the DVD and the CD will be useful to rip at least.

The only downside is now I have to convince myself NOT to order the same for Young Shakespeare and everything else that comes out this year or it could get expensive.

Billy_Sunday and Biscuit1970 like this.
  17. ET3311

ET3311 Careful with that axe, Roy.

There sure is. Neil's putting a new preview track up on NYA and YouTube each week until release date. Could talk about those. There's been discussion comparing it to Weld. That's fine and dandy.

Every day posting an update of your package. And it's not just this thread. You can find daily postage updates in ALL Neil threads. Not okay. So I'm saying something about it. I held back for 87 days. I did good!

18. Graham

Graham Senior Member

No. But I’m not that bothered to be honest.

19. Hopefully, you've learned your lesson.

ET3311 likes this.
  20. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

:yikes:

But...but...it's signed by Neil!

(Mine's resting on top of my Archives II box as I type.)

21. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Ordered it from the Greedy Hand store on Friday for $27.50 including tax and postage.

C6H12O6 and Denaz like this.
  22. oh1

oh1 Forum Resident

I was wondering why there had been no review feedback in this forum I didn't realize that it's not actually released until this Friday. The record companies usually deliver to the stores the Monday or Tuesday before Friday release. I received stock a week ago which must have been a mistake on their part. Anyway it's great but I'm sure many of you are aware of the performance already!.

23. borderwolf

borderwolf prisoner of rock'n'roll

According to discogs, Surfer Joe And Mie The Sleaze and F*!#in' Up are co-written by Poncho Sampedro

24. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

NYA.com seems to suggest the same, both are registered under Poncho Villa and Silver Fiddle.

25. Graham

Graham Senior Member

The tracklist for this is near perfect, but I'd have loved for Rockin' In The Free World to have been there too. Roll on Friday (although as I've ordered from Greedy Hand UK, I should probably say roll on April).