Plaid Room Records 6th Anniversary Sale (in store and online)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hutlock, Feb 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

man alive, i was able to find exactly two things from my want list in stock. and i grabbed some 50 packs of the protective inner sleeves.

i want to be mad that i couldn't find more, but i'm also happy if their sales volume is truly this high and folks went bonkers over a 15% off sale en masse.

2. btf1980

btf1980 Senior Member

Since Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and Music Direct got rid of their discounts, people seized this opportunity to get things on their want list for a decent discount with no taxes and free shipping on orders over $50. It’s a no brainer.

Nephrodoc and GentleSenator like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

1 of my 2 was indeed an AP release that i'd been putting off forever!

btf1980, hutlock and Nephrodoc like this.
  4. farewelltransmission

farewelltransmission Forum Resident

I'm in for:

Bill Frisell - Valentine - $22.09
    Bill Evans - At The Montreux Jazz Festival [2-lp, 45 RPM] - $46.75

Nice to grab the AP at a discount! Would've been just as happy with the 33RPM but this is fine too.

Funny enough, the one title that I had in my cart that sold out was by Bill Callahan. Inadvertently almost grabbed three Bills.

DapperGentleman and hutlock like this.
  5. Colemine Records

Colemine Records Forum Resident

It's probably hard to tell from the outside perspective of things, but we're constantly replenishing stock. On average I've checked in 3,500 records PER week in the last 4 weeks. It's an uphill battle, as TONS of stuff is currently backordered at all distributors and manufacturers.

Our backorder list at all the distributors is almost laughable, if it wasn't such a bummer when I look at all the stuff we're out of. We have over 20,000 pieces backordered between the major distributors I deal with, for a grand total of something like ~$325,000 when I did the numbers a week back.

The entire industry is still feeling the effects of COVID, with lead times longer than ever. Plus, warehouses have cases left and right, which pushes shipping back tremendously. Restock times that normally are 2-day turnarounds have taken 5, 6, even 6 weeks. On average I'm seeing 3-4 week turnarounds on a lot of orders.

Oh well, sorry to ramble, and sorry we're a bit low on stock right now. We'll keep working our asses off to get as much good stuff back in ASAP! :)

6. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Hey, no ill feelings from me. It’s a good thing you guys have had so much business that it’s tough to keep things in stock. I’ve never had a bad experience buying records online from you guys, I just wish I could buy more from you! I’m hoping you get some more of the AP Beach Boys mono LPs in, that’s something I’ve been waiting to splurge on and get all the titles available at once!

Colemine Records likes this.
  7. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Please PM me with a comprehensive list a few hours before you restock any audiophile pressings, mmmmkay?

8. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Huge shout-out to the guy who posted the Bill Evans Live Montreux idea. I've been watching everybody else shop this sale but I didn't think there'd be anything for me.

Just bought a little stack of cool stuff.

9. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

I found a bunch of stuff. Had to resist some. Ended up ordering Changesnowbowie (surprised it was still around), Green Day - Nimrod Rocktober yellow, Depeche Mode - Music for the Masses and Brandi Carlile Rooster Says.

I didn't see Rooster Says anywhere after RSD - was it a big seller? She did a fantastic job and it got lots of praise, but I thought a ton were pressed. The Depeche Mode LPs also seem hard to find.

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  10. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I presume everyone received this email?

"If you're receiving this email, you made an order with us in the last 52 hours. Due to the overwhelming amount of orders, we are going to be running a bit behind our normal ship times for the next 5 days. The picture above is only about 25% of the orders we just finished picking off of our sales floor! You all are incredible, thank you so much!

We aim to have 75% of these in the mail by Monday morning next week, with many going out much earlier. Everything will be out by the middle of next week unless you receive a separate email.

All the best,
    Bob Cole"

I appreciate their communication on this.

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

Did not get the email and my records actually shipped a couple hours after purchase. Seems they were on top of things but still had a ton of extra orders.

oldjollymon and Patanoia like this.
  12. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

I didn't place an order this weekend, but I got a similar email after the first RSD last year. Great communication from this store.

GentleSenator and Patanoia like this.
  13. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Electric Warrior sounds really good, that’s a nice grab. I don’t believe it’s OOP, not sure why the the price went up. Glad you got it on sale!

14. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

just one of the many reasons why they're the best!

Patanoia likes this.
  15. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

The stack of free stickers I have that say Plaid Room Records is another reason.

16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

As I live in Ohio and I have their awesome “OHIO SOUL” sticker on my car, all my friends are always asking me about it. So a few orders ago I stuck a not on asking if they could send one. Order came and I swear there were 30 at least. They are just the greatest.

FWatty and captouch like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

going to have to start covering the front of my laptop screen too since i've got so many.

FWatty likes this.
  18. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I have not heard anything since placing my order. Sounds like they had a good turnout because they usually ship the same day!

19. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

This is the picture their email was referring to (just 25% of the orders :) [​IMG]

20. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Good to see strong support. Look what a simple sale can drum up.

hutlock likes this.
  21. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Plaid Room Records Summer 2022 Sale!
    [​IMG]

Hey y'all! Our summer sale is here! During RSD we always run 15% off in-store, but we've never had the fulfillment capacity to extend that sale to online the same weekend. After some discussion here and a ton of folks asking, we decided to extend that 15% off sale to online customers Sunday through Tuesday! Our warehouse team has also been putting some pressure on me to try to clear some of our overstock so they can continue to operate normally. So, here's the deal:

EVERYTHING (excluding pre-orders) IN THE STORE IS 15% OFF! No code required, the discount will auto-apply at checkout.

In addition to that, some items will be discounted another 5% to 35%** on top of the 15% that gets applied to everything! Most of these are going well below our cost, but it's time to clear some space or get a bigger warehouse! Discounts here will already be reflected in the product price as of 6 p.m. ET on Sunday. Here's some handy pages below that collect each tier of double discounted items:

Additional 5% Off - 19.25% Off Total
    Additional 10% Off - 23.50% Off Total
    Additional 15% Off - 27.75% Off Total
    Additional 20% Off - 32.00% Off Total
    Additional 25% Off - 36.25% Off Total
    Additional 30% Off - 40.50% Off Total
    Additional 35% Off - 44.75% Off Total

ALL DOUBLE DISCOUNTED ITEMS

There are some serious deals in here - I hope y'all find something that's been on your list!

**Discounts are applied one at a time. For example, a $100 item discounted 30% and then 15% would be ($100 - 30% = $70). Then, it would be ($70-15% = $59.50). $59.50 would be the item's price before tax.

Scratch And Dent Section On Website Now!
    As many of you have seen over the last few years, distributors don't always get product to us in perfect shape. When my team is receiving product, they do their best to separate out the damaged products. In the past we've listed some of this product online, usually with the word [DAMAGED] in the title. We've historically usually only listed products where we have 3 or more copies that arrived damaged. Now we will be listing tons more titles, even if we only have one copy. The scratch and dent "collection" is available on the site on the menu "Shop Only In Stock" -> "Scratch and Dent Deals". I'll drop the link below and sort by the newest added so you can see what's there.

Scratch And Dent

Thanks for everything y'all! Please, please please, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Bob

22. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

And here I came to break the news of the Summer Sale at Plaid Room Records. No go, LeRoy.

All I can tell you is I got a hell of a deal.

I bought three double discounted albums. One was a damaged cover copy of the new album produced by Tom Petty's daughter, Adria, of lesser known Everly Brothers songs (there's a triple discount on this one). Another was one I've been looking at for over a year, the live-in-studio record by the Black Pumas of songs off their album (they were the last band I saw pre-pandemic).

But the third is the winner. How about the UHQR of Are You Experienced? for $107.10. Beat that! :p

OK...OK...I see they have a lot of stuff on sale for which I paid full mark as little as a week ago. Who's the doofus now? D'oh!
    It's still a great sale. :agree: They have more copies of the UHQR Hendrix for sale. Plus free shipping for orders over $50. Don't be a doofus.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    hutlock and TxRangersFan like this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Received an Email Notification from Plaidroom. Nice Sale, as picked up a few Titles which were in my ‘To Buy’ eventually list, that were 20% off plus the 15% discount. Did not want to spend the money now for Music, as was over budget already with the recent RSD, and a sale at ImportCDs last week, but when there is a sale like this one, I decided to take advantage of it, Plaidroom got a lot of my limited music budget with this sale, and the 2022 RSD Releases I wanted(just received from the June RSD Drop, along with most of the Roxy Music 2022 Reissues.

Just wish I did not add the Slave ‘Stellar Fungk-Best of’ Red Vinyl to my June RSD order a week ago, as now could have bought it for 35% off, but I had no idea this sale was coming. I bought this Slave Title based on the review which @sonofjim left on the Discogs Page:righton:, as I already own the CD, and love the FUNK Music of Slave.

24. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I think you’ll really enjoy that Slave release.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  25. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing Thread Starter

This sale is KILLING ME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.