David Bowie - Brilliant LIVE Adventures (1995-1999)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Zach Johnson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. :laughup:

2. OneLife

OneLife There’s Bowie, & then everybody else

Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
    Jeez, a bloke can’t even have a joke!

3. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Tufnel Is God

This is my favorite out of the first four , listening now . 1st show was Let's Dance at Rosemont Horizon, last was Reality at Rosemont Theatre , best seats ever, I could have grabbed him by both ankles , saw TM too twice .

Chris Bernhardt and AlienRendel like this.
  4. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I once stroked David’s bare feet, during one of the Earthling shows. It wouldn’t normally cross my mind to do such a thing, but my late friend Alison H (RIP) told me she’d done it at an earlier gig, and insisted that I touch them because he had, “The softest feet ever.”

My girlfriend now insists that I have the softest feet ever. They can’t both be right, just as my feet can’t both be left. Sadly, we’ll never get to the bottom of this in anything approaching a scientific manner.

There you go, folks. This thread has hit a new low. That BLA5 announcement better come soon.

5. :wtf:

6. stepeanut

[​IMG]

7. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

You could leave them to medical science?

CBackley likes this.
  8. stepeanut

It would never stand up in court.

NightGoatToCairo likes this.
  9. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Toeuché

stepeanut likes this.
  10. CBackley

CBackley Chairman of the Bored

Neither could you!

stepeanut likes this.
  11. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

There's a good 3lp bootleg of Rosemont Horizon 83, with a long Fame - stick it section.

12. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

How many times can people say it though? It’s hardly an original comment. Some people are even relying on it being rereleased so they can get it all in one go.

13. Fredjack

Fredjack Well-Known Member

Well I have to admit Dig! aren’t all that bad. When my latm cd didn’t turn up with the lp I feared the worst. 10 emails later they replied and ordered me a replacement. Shipping email from Rhino Germany in my inbox am and the cd arrived the same day pm! Plus a 15% coupon for my next order. Roll on Friday and BLA5!

14. TeddyB

TeddyB Senior Member

Ronson was presented as a major starring element. Definitely not just one guy in the band. He took over the stage for soloing on Width of a Circle and Moonage Daydream, with strobe lights. It was similar to what can be seen and heard in the Hammersmith show. It was the expanded band with horns, Hutch and MacCormick, unlit in the back. It was noisier and wilder than the ‘72 tour. I got to see Ronson several times later with Ian Hunter and he was always great, but nothing like seeing him play the Demi-God with Ziggy.

15. Fabrice Outside

Fabrice Outside Forum Resident

Super.
    Thanx for the details

TeddyB likes this.
  16. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett Forum Resident

Anyone’s CD lost in the mail? Rhino shipped my copy via UPS Mail Innovations a week ago, and it’s MIA. No tracking at all, just a notice that USPS hasn’t received it from UPSMI yet. I’ve emailed Rhino, still awaiting a response. Tx

Shvartze Shabbos and Curveboy like this.
  17. apb

apb Game on!

My experience has been that Rhino US takes at least a week from the preparation of the shipping label just to get a package to UPS. Then the package takes five or six days to get across country in a truck before it's turned over to USPS, no updates while it's in the truck. The package is finally delivered a few days after USPS gets it. So it'll be 15-16 days at least from the preparation of the shipping label before the package is delivered. YMMV.

CBackley likes this.
  18. mishima's dog

mishima's dog Forum Resident

At least you didn’t bathe them.....like a leper messiah.

19. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

I’m in the same boat as you. UPS says no info for tracking number and USPS says they are awaiting package. Let us know if you come up with any info plz.

Shvartze Shabbos and Curveboy like this.
  20. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Same here...but I'm giving it time since the previous release took about 3 weeks to get to me.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  21. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

I was trying to find Dig but no luck. Would someone please post a link? Thanks in advance.

22. fermez_le_chat

fermez_le_chat Active Member

23. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Unfortunately this all too normal for Rhino. I placed an order for something else at the end of November, received a shipping notice about a week later and the tracking did not go "active" for about forty days. I am in the same boat with this Bowie release but am not too concerned (though I am also not happy) as I know Rhino has one horrible and messed up fulfillment center. They generate shipping labels and notices and then take weeks to actually ship the item.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Curveboy likes this.
  24. I’m in the same boat.

25. johnnyyen

johnnyyen Senior Member

Yes, clearly this has been a complete mess, and the website wasn’t able to cope with the orders. They should have just released these sets through retail.

innuendo141 likes this.