Who’s your favourite action star?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

Who’s your favourite action star ⭐️?

Dissidence likes this.
  2. alexpop

They all could fit into an Expendables movie.

3. alexpop

You can comment as well, don’t be shy.

4. JoeOnWheels

JoeOnWheels Forum Resident

Other: Scarlett Johansson

5. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Daniel Craig, if he qualifies.

6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm picking Sly, but I'm staring to think maybe it's really Arnold.

Other: Clint Eastwood

fretter likes this.
  7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

I didn't care much for 'Lucy ' but , damn , Scarlett kicked some serious ass.

8. NaturalD

NaturalD The King of Pop

Jackie Chan beats all those easily

sons of nothing, razerx and luckybaer like this.
  9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

In order:
    1. Sylvester Stallone
    2. Jason Statham
    3. Bruce Willis
    4. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    5. Jean - Claude Van Damme
    6. Chuck Norris

10. luckybaer

luckybaer Thinks The Devil actually beat Johnny

Jackie Chan is THE MAN.

11. Hyacinth House

Hyacinth House Forum Resident

I picked Arnold. I saw an interview where he said the reason he had to do his own stunts in Conan The Barbarbian was because there wasn’t a stunt man who could pass for him.

alexpop likes this.
  12. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I think Keanu Reeves needs to be on the list with the popularity of his John Wick stuff. I have to say, he really won me over by doing his own stunts and attention to detail with the firearms ammunition. It's sort of ruined me for other action movies where the stunt doubles and the "limitless ammo" type of effects seem ridiculous to me now. Not that there isn't ridiculous action in the John Wick films, but I kind of dig how he turns that into a self-effacing humor type of thing rather than typical action stars who try to outdo each other with the macho muchacho schtick.

Also, not quite a bona fide movie star, but Kit Harington (Jon Snow in GOT) really impresses me more each time I rewatch the show. I didn't think of him as an action star at all until Weiss and Benioff kept repeating what a great action star he is in the commentary. So I started paying more attention to his approach to the action sequences, combat and effects, and they're 100% right. Of course even in his non-action scenes he is always 100% invested in his character but when the action starts he has such command of his expression, posture, the choreography of the fighting, etc. I am blown away. Some of the GOT episodes have much better production values than the average action movie so I think he belongs on the list. Even though he's known for playing only one character, Jon Snow was a very complex role that evolved over many years and more camera time than some movie stars. His body of work compares more favorably than all the others put together IMO. He could communicate more with just the way he leans his body toward his enemy in certain circumstances than Stalone in an entire monologue.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Brenald79 and alexpop like this.
  13. Arnie.

14. Neil Anderson

Neil Anderson Forum Resident

Tom Cruise.

15. alexpop

Female choice would be Milla Jovovich, least for Resident Evil. Martial arts? Jee Ja Yanin Chocolate (2008).

16. alexpop

Imo best film for “the action star “ would be Predator, so Arnold Schwarzenegger is my pick. For action ( least in this poll) choreography award goes to Jason Statham in Transporter 3. Aside ...JS got two Guy Ritchie films coming out.

Brenald79 likes this.
  17. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

I'll take Arnold, an engaging action hero in movies that were as outsized as the man himself. Arnold knew it too - always managing to keep a twinkle in his eye while throwing saw blades at a dictator's army or shooting up a quarry full of Italian gangsters in a convertible Cadillac.

Second from this list for me would be Jason Statham - but I'll choose the fight in the bus repair shop in The Transporter as his best choreographed moment. That moment when he spills the excess oil out over the floor (and on the henchmen) then straps on the bicycle pedals? Ingenious.

alexpop likes this.
  18. fr in sc

fr in sc Forum Resident

Four come to mind for me: Errol Flynn during the thirties, James Coburn and Steve McQueen in the sixties, Harrison Ford during the eighties and nineties.

19. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

1. Sylvester Stallone
    2. Bruce Willis
    3. Arnold Schwarzenegger
    4. Chuck Norris
    5. Jean - Claude Van Damme
    6. Jason Statham

alexpop likes this.
  20. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

Buster Keaton.

Did ALL his own stunts, stunted for people in his own films, let a 4000-pound building facade fall on him for a 'gag,' with only 2” clearance on all sides, broke his neck filming Sherlock Jr., and didn't find out about it until ten years later.

All other 'action stars' (Jackie Chan an exception) are by comparison, white laboratory mice.

jwoverho likes this.
  21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Arnold wants to know R U Tuff E’Nuff to see my top 10 list?
    1. Stallone
    2. Steven Seagal
    3. Van Damme
    4. Bruce Willis
    5. Arnold
    6. Jason Stratham
    7. Liam Neesom
    8. Vin Diesel
    9. Dwayne Johnson
    10. Keanu Reeves

Dissidence and alexpop like this.
  22. The Dark Elf

The Dark Elf Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Other...
    "If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you..."

Brenald79 and alexpop like this.
  23. alexpop

He’s basically The Transporter in the F&F franchise. That Transporter 4 film ( non JS) is woefully bad.

24. alexpop

Forgot about Liam, he’s a real hardman.

25. alexpop

Only two I’ve seen in real life is JS (2011) and Seagal .. premier in the nineties( he was wearing a jacket with tassels).

Brenald79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.