Neil Young—Way Down in the Rust Bucket

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ExHead, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

2. FrankieFontaine

FrankieFontaine "Just An Hippie Dream"

My UPS is showing label created for my Greedy Hand pre-order but since it is coming from the west coast UPS/USPS innovations I should receive it some time next week. Got shipping email too from Greedy Hand.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    KDubATX likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I too have been notified The Horse is on it's way...

noname74 likes this.
  4. Mulroydave

Mulroydave Forum Resident

Mine on the way from Badlands here in the UK

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Stand-alone DVD now available for preorder in U.K. store. 4 month wait for delivery.

Harm1985 likes this.
  6. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

Good call.

FWIW, it says:

Way Down in the Rust Bucket is #11.5 in Neil Young’s Performance Series. This Greedy Hand Exclusive (regional) DVD also contains one additional performance of “Cowgirl In The Sand” (13 minutes’ worth!) which does not appear on the vinyl or CD editions.

So for the time being, I guess you can only get this from the Greedy Hand store unless you want to spring for the deluxe set.

7. Harm1985

Harm1985 Forum Resident

Finally! Coincidentally, I received an email from NYA confirming they read my enquiry in this regard.

I'll order the DVD for Rust Bucket and Young Shakespeare at Greedy Hand and the CD elsewhere I think.

8. Graham

Graham Senior Member

9. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Box looks nice and thin and not overly wide like Bluenote Cafe.

JackAbsolut likes this.
  10. JackAbsolut

JackAbsolut Forum Resident

I was worried it‘s like the Bluenote. Box looks great!

Graham likes this.
  11. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

Nice with any luck this will deliver by this weekend looking forward to it.

12. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Hoping Greedy Hand U.K. don’t let me down and get this delivered on Friday. Especially as I paid for tracked delivery.

13. Graham

Graham Senior Member

When I click on 'view my order status' in the order confirmation email it goes to the Greedy Hand homepage. I'm certain it previously went to my order when it was first made.

14. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

the account system is messed up but I’ve you go on this site and enter order number it should work.

Customer Login

15. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Thanks, that worked. Says 'processing' but I ordered it alongside Archives II which comes out a week later so don't expect any movement until then.

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Respect to Bull Moose for choosing Priority Mail as the free shipping option. :hugs:

ARK and ET3311 like this.
  17. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Can't tell you anything about that night, but I can tell you about The Mountain House. It's tiny! You can see it in the video for Harvest Moon:

but it makes the front bar look bigger than it is. The bar is 30' across at the most:

[​IMG]

(The restaurant, which is built onto the back on stilts so you are sitting in amongst the redwoods, is more spacious, but still fairly cozy.)

The Mountain House was Neil's regular haunt, and the staff used to do the catering for the artists' barbecue the Friday evening before the Bridge School Benefit concerts. In fact, it was the location where those (like me) on the 'friends and family' list congregated on the Wednesday evening before Bridge to collect their tickets (which, for many years, were handed out by Billy Talbot's wife!).

I imagine that those attending this show were all 'friends and family'.

The Mountain House is a bit off the beaten track -- you are looking at a drive on very windy country roads heavily lined on both sides by tall redwoods. The road is more interesting at night, and especially in fog (of which there is a lot!).

It's a great place, and the food is excellent, and I recommend it whole heartedly. Sadly, due to COVID, it is currently closed.

I've seen local musicians play there, but to see NY & CH there? That must have been something!

18. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Audio and video is up on NYA!

Harm1985, kdawg, ET3311 and 2 others like this.
  19. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

So this extra song "Cowgirl in the sand" is ONLY on the seperate dvd order (out on 23/6) from the Greedy Hand and NOT on the dvd in the big box (vinyl/cd/dvd) ???????

20. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

Nope

21. Willy J

Willy J Forum Resident

Pretty sure the DVD in the box and the sold-separately DVD are identical, and both have Cowgirl.

22. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

thanks

23. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

thanks

24. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Sampling Rust Bucket film on screen 3 of the Hearse Theatre. Looks awesome. That’s worth my $20 right there!

56strat likes this.
  25. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Got my cd set from bullmoose today

adamos, Myke, Jake362 and 1 other person like this.