Plastic Ono Band box coming in 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lennonology, Nov 26, 2020.

1. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

I was answering a direct question regarding Yoko sessions. "Don't Worry Kyoko". (And of course session for "Cold Turkey" will be also on this set).

andrewskyDE, Ern, Elliottmarx and 5 others like this.
  2. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Speaking of that, what WILL the next Ultimate Collection be? My guess is Double Fantasy
    Will it get here this fall?
    Will Yoko be on it?
    :hide:

jmxw likes this.
  3. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

True, I would hope for no trolls on SHF

4. Wingsfan2012

Double Fantasy has had so many reissues including the recent "stripped down" version....I would hope that is the book end and the last of the "ultimate mixes box sets". Next year they could do SINYC and I would be fine with that.

5. Wingsfan2012

Mike can you talk about the layout/packaging at all? I am assuming it will mimic the Imagine and Gimme Some Truth boxes?

andrewskyDE likes this.
  6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I think it's very likely that the next set will be Double Fantasy[/Milk & Honey].

I wouldn't imagine [no pun intended] the next Lennon box would arrive before 2022. Go on, prove me wrong! :)

green_ovation and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  7. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Personally, I'd rather see Walls And Bridges, but commercially I would say DF is the next most likely choice.

Didn't Imagine have enough re-issues before the "Ultimate" version came out as well?

8. Fishman2

Fishman2 Forum Resident

I'd love it if the next one was SINYC, i think it's a hugely under-rated album. I can understand people's dislike of the second disc (although I like it) but there's some great songs on the first disc (both John and Yoko's).

9. green_ovation

I’m not aware of any more reissues than any other canonical albums, other than Stripped Down. I think it will probably be next, I certainly hope so. There’s a wealth of material that hasn’t been officially released yet. Certainly, I’d love to see it while Yoko is still with us. I’d actually have picked that to come out before POB, mainly for that reason.
    I’d have no problem with whatever they decide, including STINYC. But I think DF can be the best of the lot. hands down.

10. green_ovation

Yes, they all have many releases. Imagine definitely more than the others. I’m kinda “meh” on that album now, for that reason. Not to take away from its greatness.
    I’m a huge fan of Walls And Bridges too, such a great album. So many possibilities on what could be included on that set. Or any Lennon set!

jmxw likes this.
  11. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I personally have zero interest in Double Fantasy in any edition, format, or reissue.

The recent Gimme Some Truth compilation shows that there’s huge potential for “ultimate mixes” to make the best case for STINYC, Mind Games, and Walls & Bridges. I didn’t really care for the remix of “Whatever Gets You Through the Night” on that comp, but I thought all of the other material from those three albums sounded great in the new mixes, and, in particular, “Angela” sounded great.

I would also love it if the next Ultimate Edition were STINYC. Also 99% sure that an Ultimate Edition of STINYC would prompt a spate of “this is actually far better than its reputation” reassessments.

Who Cares, Fishman2 and ConnieGuitar like this.
  12. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Gee guys I'm not so sure about STINYC. The single is problematic, to say the least. Yes I know it's a Yoko quote, and that it's a feminist anthem, but there is no amount of explaining that is going to make that ok. Maybe there's a deluxe edition "John & Yoko NYC" that could be assembled with cherry picked tracks from the album and a redo of the One To One concert

Sean Murdock likes this.
  13. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

I agree that, in this day and age, the single is problematic. Which is why it’s been cut from most compilations since Shaved Fish, and why it didn’t feature on even the 4-LP edition of Gimme Some Truth, I’m sure.

On the other hand, in this day and age, the rest of the LP might fit right in with the zeitgeist of many young people and the causes they’re into. I wouldn’t be surprised if STINYC gets skipped over and swept under the carpet because of fear of backlash against the title track, but I hope it does get an Ultimate Edition. If not, no one’s coming to my house to take away my original LP.

Sean Murdock and forthlin like this.
  14. green_ovation

Mind Games is next, then! @Spencer R called it! :evil:

Who Cares likes this.
  15. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident

The solution would be to not release it in the USA.

16. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

They could just do what Disney+ have done with the old episodes of The Muppets that they have just added and give a warning about anything that might cause offence etc.

17. Aoide

Aoide Forum Resident

True. The ultimate irony.

Wingsfan2012 and javilu77 like this.
  18. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

At least some copies of the original LP had a sticker on the shrink placed over the picture of the nude dancers, I think. Today, they could put a sticker on the shrink over the title of Woman Is The Blank of the World. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they simply wash their hands of the potential controversy here and skip over the album entirely.

forthlin likes this.
  19. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Will May Pang's recording sessions be included? :)

20. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

She recorded several jams between John and friends so I’d hope so. ;)

Who Cares likes this.
  21. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

If May's session jams are included, I'm out.

:biglaugh:

22. green_ovation

I’m in for every Lennon Ultimate Collection release, no matter what is or isn’t included.

Who Cares, Paul H, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  23. Karl Denver

Karl Denver You’ll get nothing and like it!

Me too! Imagine was fantastic! I think I got that set for $60! That’s what I call real value! Sir Paul should take note!

green_ovation and Ken.e. like this.
  24. green_ovation

I think it will come out in time, along with the rest of them. I wouldn’t think it will be high on the list, as the album has always been a dud, sales wise. It’s an acquired listen, and I think they’ll go with the more commercial albums first. But I think when the time comes, we’ll see it in its full glory. I’d certainly hope so. Maybe put a disclaimer on it and send it out.
    Then again, if the One To One concerts were to be included, you never know. It may come out sooner. It would certainly move up a few spots on my wish list.

Who Cares and jmxw like this.
  25. green_ovation

Will there be Ultimate Mixes of Yoko's first 3 b-sides included as well, or just the outtakes?