What old TV shows have you been watching lately?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by James Slattery, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

2. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident Thread Starter

I prefer to watch shows which I've never seen before. Which leaves pretty much most of the 70s as I watched very little prime time TV that decade and was watching sports instead, or going to games.

3. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

4. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mesozoic Mike likes this.
  5. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

Is this the edition with special effects added much later?

6. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

I've been watching and laughing at Yes, Minister, BBC comedy from early 80s.

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  7. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Car 54, Where Are You? on Tubi TV.

8. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Corner Gas

Can't work out if its the worst or the greatest comedy ever created. :confused:

9. CrawdaddySim1

CrawdaddySim1 Forum Resident

"Here's Lucy" on Amazon Prime. I'm just enjoying it as a time capsule, basically... the references are interesting. Plus Jackie Gleason and Jack Benny appeared as guests in one of the early episodes... that was a treat.

10. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected

My wife and I love this old show.

11. Kaskade10729

Yes. The DVD set only includes the remastered episodes, while the Blu-rays allow you to watch either.

bmasters9 likes this.
  12. Kaskade10729

13. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

clevelandrox and Alien Reg like this.
  14. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

Sorry to bother you again - so the Blu-Ray has the original episodes "untouched", as it were? I'm asking because I've been hoping for a long time that these would be released.

15. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I know I'm not the one you were asking, but to answer your question-Yes, the Blu-Rays of ST:TOS have the episodes as originally aired.

You can view them with the updated SFX, or as originally broadcast.

16. Alien Reg

Alien Reg Forum Resident

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. How is the picture quality on the "originally aired"?

17. Kaskade10729

You never bothered me.

Yes, the Blu-rays have the option of watching either the original cut -- no special effects added -- or the remastered versions.

The picture quality on the original versions are so-so, IMO; heavy grain throughout on many of them and just a lack of clarity, surprising for 1080p. For whatever reason, it seems like they put the most restoration effort into the episodes with the added special effects -- the entire episodes seem cleaner, not just the parts with the new CGI.

Alien Reg likes this.
  18. Grand_Ennui

Looks like Kaskade10729 beat me to it. :)

Alien Reg likes this.
  19. Kaskade10729

What's your opinion regarding the way the originally aired episodes look? Do you concur that they just look grittier than the remastered ones, in general?

20. Kaskade10729

The funniest **** in that last clip of images I posted (from "This Side of Paradise") is when the chick Spock was involved with jumps back from the spores shooting out of the plant -- like she didn't know that's how they work...

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

21. Grand_Ennui

Yeah, I'd agree with that assessment.

Kaskade10729 likes this.
  22. Klavier

Klavier Forum Resident

Anatomy of Evil on MHz via Amazon Prime. It’s an excellent German detective show. The lead character is a police psychologist, so there’s more than just digging for evidence.

23. clevelandrox

clevelandrox New Member

24. clevelandrox

clevelandrox New Member

Sorry...I wanted to respond to the above pic of Emergency. Newbie here, so I'm feeling my way around. Anyhow, that box set says 'the complete series'...does it have the movies that aired after the series ended?

Hadean75 likes this.
  25. clevelandrox

clevelandrox New Member

Way too much...let's start with stuff I'm watching online. I've recently reacquainted myself with Cade's County and Johnny Bago, both of which are on YouTube...the full series on each. Being the big David Janssen fan that I am, I've been delving into Richard Diamond, Private Detective...I have an app on my Roku with 73 of the 77 episodes, but it's not working at present, so I have to watch what I can on YouTube.

DVD-wise, it's Breaking Bad...just started the fourth season, and it's as great as everyone makes it out to be. I have countless other old series on DVD that I am making my way through. Didn't help that I had crappy players for so long, but now I've got a decent DVD player, and it's all systems go.

I should add...many of the shows I watch, I've done episode guides for on tviv.org.