Do you accept the new Star Wars trilogy as canon?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by zinger_ghretzel, Jan 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

And you could get into the prequels?

The whole series, when viewed overall isn't exactly a think piece.

They let the bad guys get control of the universe.

The force destroys the bad guys.

The bad guys come back again...

2. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I don't see a formal reboot of the franchise - meaning new films that go back to young Luke and follow the path of the OT.

We'll get plenty more "Star Wars", and I don't 100% rule out more Skywalker-related stuff, but I think there's little chance they'd revisit the originals...

David Campbell likes this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Thats a strange way to wake him up.

Come on guys, its obvious there was some spiritual power or jedi power thing being inferred there.

4. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Just the Jedi way of checking for pulse.

twicks likes this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Im going to start doing that in codes. We dont need no damn defibrillators!

6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Making sure he hadn't knocked any midichlorians loose. :)

7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Perhaps the Jedi should have a geiger counter type of device to detect "loose" midichlorians.

Also required would be an accompanying device, like a Tachyon collector, to scoop up and contain the midichlorians.

Can't leave those midichlorians scattered all over the galaxy.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  8. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I'm old school. The 1977 / 1980 / 1983 movies were Star Wars for me.

The prequels I've watched but I'm generally uninterested and the new movies are just...different. Not good or bad, just kind of how I feel about the Trek reboots too...each has their place and time but they aren't necessarily connected.

9. I don't like them, but I accept them as canon because we'll, we're required to. Star Wars isn't exactly a franchise you can just nitpick continuity when it comes to the actual official movies. The books and comics or even video games, perhaps. Now the VERSIONS of said movies with or without the special changes made to them are a different story because then that can be a bit complicated. I dislike the structure of the new trilogy and I think we need another trilogy down the road to sort of make-up for the sequels and give the franchise a better send-off, not to "replace" the sequel. They'll still happen, but it will more-so be a PROPER follow-up to the original trilogy and actually revolve around a next generation Skywalker as the sequels should have done. How do you market the sequels as part of the Skywalker saga but have no lead character with the name as we've seen with Anakin or Luke? Rey should have been a damn Skywalker from the beginning and to make things more different from the other trilogies, she's already a Jedi and not "discovering" herself. Or better yet, she's not a Jedi at all and went down a different path as many a ship pilot.

10. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

I just don't care. I love the Star Wars movies - the first one came out when I was 14. It's definitely part of my life, but it's not a religion. It's entertainment. If I have fun watching it, I'm good. I think they should let different directors tackle different stories and let them take the characters wherever they want to take them. If it doesn't adhere to some grand cosmology, like I said, I just don't care.

razerx and BeatleJWOL like this.
  11. Why does anyone care? Their entertaining movies.

12. It's anyone's right to care. People are going to accept or disown movies and it happens all the time. This franchise isn't perfect and does have some material that many people are going to like or dislike and that's obvious. Not a bad thing to ask for a general opinion to see where many fans stand with this. As much as we would like people to want to like everything we like to the fullest, it just isn't going to happen and all we can do is see our difference in views and have a discussion and maybe persuade one another. If it bugs you so much, then stay out of the chat because topics like this are bound to get ask and have every right to be asked out of curiosity and a fundamental principle of opinion.

13. Warzawa

Warzawa The Starman

Yes and I find them entertaining

14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Whos requiring you to??

Your letting other people run your life thinking that way!!

I only accept the orginal 3 movies... (IN ANALOGUE)

15. The movie makers and just the fact they exist and make up the whole story we're suppose to see from beginning to end the whole way through. I'm not gonna be finnicky like that and play the what exists and what doesn't exist to me game. Regardless of what I dislike I can accept what is there because it exists and there's not a damn thing I can do about it. I hate the sequels, but isn't gonna tell some one not to watch it for the sake of them still knowing what happens next after Return of the Jedi.

16. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Ya maybe ya have a poynt buddy I dunno.......

17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

:laugh:

18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

My Star Wars is the theatrical cuts of the original trilogy that I grew up with.

19. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Yup the only ones that exist right??

20. More Than A Feeling

More Than A Feeling Little River, Big Adventures!

Sequel Trilogy is trash but canon. Once Star Wars reboot is announced in a few weeks I will never need to watch them again.:D

21. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

You might be waiting a couple decades, at least.

I think I'm too jaded to say "a long time" at this point. :laugh:

SandAndGlass likes this.
  22. polchik

polchik Forum Resident

no. i consider them some bizarre aberation from an alternate universe. i do look forward to what the "auralnauts" will do w them though. and then i imagine i will watch those versions over and over. their versions of the prequels are hilarious.

you can find 'auralnauts' on youtube.

ymmv.

23. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

I came across this one a few days ago by complete accident (ie. youtube suggested it) and at first I didn't know what to make of it. But before long Vader's explanations had me in stitches. :D

polchik likes this.
  24. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The end of that video pokes fun at something that, even as a kid, I thought was pretty silly... why didn't Vader just use the Force to open the door? :p

polchik likes this.
  25. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Vader was only learning about the Force at the same pace Lucas was. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.