Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Just a heads up, we bought No Pier Pressure (on cd) in advance of Brian's tour coming to town in support of it. I was taught, when I was young, that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. Regarding the album......

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Came so close to ordering it last year. Think I was looking for extra items to get to free shipping. Sounds like I made the right decision!

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. yamfan

yamfan Forum Resident

Got Trespass soundtrack, import picture disc, Jazz Contemporary, and the Stripes soundtrack. All for less than $30. Thanks.

4. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I think about half of the material complements That's Why God Made The Radio nicely, so it depends on what you think of that particular album. The other half is varying degrees of atrocious.

superstar19 and latheofheaven like this.
  5. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I think I liked about half of God/Radio. Good to know but I think I'll sit this one out.

6. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Looks like there’s about 200 more LPs in there this morning, including a few box sets. Not a whole lot stood out but I was somehow compelled to buy the Wedding Album by John and Yoko for $5.99. I’ve got a problem....

7. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Some good box sets as you mentioned including 2 of the Leo Sayer sets for 3.99 each, Simple Minds, Keane, Belinda, etc...

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  8. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

9. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Tried a couple of the box sets, but were deemed to be too heavy for international shipping (to Canada). The two Leo Sayers' went through though. Let's see if they make it!

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

And here come the cancellation notices...

3 King Crimson Collectors Club titles cancelled. Insanely cheap at $3.99.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  11. Juggsnelson

12. Juggsnelson

13. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Everything I would have gotten is on backorder. Is there any point in adding alerts for them?

latheofheaven and Juggsnelson like this.
  14. Juggsnelson

15. Juggsnelson

Things do come back sometimes!

latheofheaven and superstar19 like this.
  16. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Thank you so much for this head's up! I ended up getting:

Arthur Buck
    LP
    1 $4.00 $4.00

Cause & Effect [Super Deluxe Hardcover Edition Includes Signed Lithograph, Bonus Blue Colored 10-Inch & 2 Bonus CD's] [Import]
    Keane
    LP
    1 $32.00 $32.00

Ghost Riding
    Rndm
    LP
    1 $4.00 $4.00

Deep Discount was going to charge a shipping fee because the Keane set was oversized, so I discovered that PopMarket was price-matching all three titles, so I bought them there with free shipping and a 10% discount coupon: THANKS10.

I also noticed that the RNDM and Arthur Buck albums reduced in price since they were first entered into the Blowout Bin. It's nice to know that sometimes they will reduce the price even further. Now, if only they'd reduce the price on a few other things I've yet to pull the trigger on. LOL!

17. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Huge shout-out to Samwisefan! I took your tip and bought the Keane set at popmarket with the coupon discount and free shipping.

I also just got the Simple Minds - Rejuvenation 6xLP set. Did the popmarket thing again, but learned the Thanks10 coupon code is only good for one use. Shoot.

18. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yes, I would say so. A lot of these that were just added were actually in the Bin before, so it definitely happens. Honestly I would say to just order them if you really want them—that way they go straight to you if they come back in instead of you having to fight all the other people who signed up for an alert. You can always cancel later.

19. hutlock

Yes, Pop Market and DD are the same company, so definitely worth checking in cases like this! Also sometimes you’ll see things in the Bin that are only marked down like $2 but then if you check Pop Market, they are at the typical 75-80% off. Sometimes the DD programming doesn’t properly mark things down...

20. hutlock

21. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

Well, the deciding thing for me was seeing that adding a couple of backorder items brought me up over $25 so shipping on the in-stock item was free. I'll give them a month and cancel out the backorders if they don't come back.

22. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

OK.... Placed order. Now to wait for cancellation?;)

23. hutlock

Great plan. That’s the way to do it for sure.

24. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

leo sayer box FANTASY YEARS 1979-1983 got canceled.

25. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

I don't mind paying $1.99 for shipping for one item. Shipping charges are cheap at DD (unless they are box sets...).

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.