The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Kaskade10729

Kaskade10729 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  2. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

"André the decorator" was played by the celebrated actor Alexander Clark in his only appearance on The Honeymooners. He had a 50-year career on Broadway, yet this was his most famous role. His daughter, Nicole, is one of my best friends. Her mother was also a famous actor.

beccabear67 and Kaskade10729 like this.
  3. Kaskade10729

Wow! Very cool!

Thanks for sharing.

wwaldmanfan likes this.
  4. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Rizzoli And Isles
    Crime drama/ police procedural w/comedic touches.
    "Based on the series of Rizzoli & Isles novels by Tess Gerritsen, the plot follows Boston Homicide police detective Jane Rizzoli and Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Maura Isles combining their experiences and strikingly different personalities to solve cases."

Together w/Lorraine Bracco in a supporting role, being in cast, playing Angie Harmon's detective character, Mom (good casting), I didn't think I'd be able to dig in w/2 raspy voices in 1 show, but it's alright. The other lead is Sasha Alexander as Chief Medical Examiner. I don't watch a whole lot of crime drama... Remember tuning into this show once, years ago & didn't really give it a chance. But, figured what the heck! It's formulaic, but alright. It's not edge of seat & I don't have to concentrate too much or necessarily give full attention; a good palate-cleanser from the darker, twisted &/or sometimes more complicated/ convoluted shows/ plotlines.

[​IMG]

Karnak likes this.
  5. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Mastermind Australia, Grand Final. The winner won by a point but one of the questions the runner-up lost by was about the 'title track from the first Cure album that was their first hit single' which was, sort of, true for Australia but not for the UK and anyway that Boys Don't Cry album has almost been written out of the band's history.

6. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

A few episodes in, whoever decided Richard Thomas be included-genius. The guy makes a great villain.

7. Rad Dudeski

Rad Dudeski Forum Resident

Hill Street Blues

8. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Lonesome Dove. The acting and overall look is tremendous, maybe even on a par with the best mini-series ever made (my opinion), Shogun, but... there are a lot of things wrong with the writing. How do we go from the brilliance of The Last Picture Show to two pigs walking all the way from Texas to Montana without getting eaten? :laugh:

There is such brutal random seeming violence to some very innocent characters for the sake or realism, and that word for professional women repeated so much, it's amazing to think this was aired on tv in prime time in the '80s and won a small brace of Emmys. Not going to want to watch this one again, sorry. Then again, I thought The Magnificent Seven was just too goofy.

9. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Yesterday:

So Weird on Disney+
    The Addams Family on PlutoTV
    The Mandalorian on Disney+****
    Lucky Dog on PlutoTV

****My initial impressions thus far:
    Okay, so I've watched the first few episodes of this show, and I must admit, I just don't get the hype surrounding it. :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, Baby Yoda (aka the Child aka Grogu) is really cute, but the show is just boring to me.

The story moves at a snail's pace. My impression of the format is that it's almost a live version of a comic book (and I've never been much into comic books despite being a big ol' nerdy dork lol :cool:).

I'm going to try to keep watching, but so far I'm not that impressed. :hide:

10. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Just started binge watching Six Feet Under

11. Kaskade10729

12. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  13. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I am rewatching The Good Place and I started season two last night. The cast is great, especially Ted Danson.

14. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  15. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Working my way through:
    Fortitude-Amazon-Storyline getting spread a little thin now with too many conflicts at once. Hard to keep track. Loving Stanley Tucci’s character though.
    Coyote-CBS All Access-hasn’t grabbed me yet but I’m a sucker for Chiklis
    Stanley Tucci:Searching for Italy-love it love him love Italy. Don’t watch hungry
    Getting ready to start the original All Creatures and continue The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  16. Kaskade10729

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hadean75 likes this.
  17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Currently wrapping up season 3 of Deadwood, then plan to watch the movie.

This is one of the loopiest series we have ever watched. The dialogue is absurd. It's as if the writers were purposely trying to confound the viewers.

When we're done I'll check in on the Deadwood thread here, I have been avoiding it in order to avoid spoilers. But sheesh.. I hope this mess resolves with the movie.

proedros likes this.
  18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I LOVE LUCY season one Blu-ray

19. Michael

that set looks great! love the Spock gif!

20. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

Got the Dallas box a while ago. And Colditz. :righton:

Also the Married... With Children box, but I'll start watching it later.

21. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Amazon Prime:

Star Trek The Next Generation
    Season 1, Episode 23
    Skin of Evil

22. Michael

Lost In Space reboot Netflix.

23. Michael

so what was coming out of those plants? the real stuff?

24. Uncle Meat

Uncle Meat Forum Resident

I miss Green Acres.... a bit off the wall, I think the scripts were a lot better than the average fare of that time....
    The funnies stuff is not a TV show, but radio shows.... Bob and Ray.... The Goon Shows.....
    The funniest episode I think I have ever heard, and still hold up well is The Case of the Fake Needy Seagoon... top of the line writing...
    The Goon Shows may be on audible for a reasonable price, it is a lot to take in...I bought the Goon Show Compendium as they came up... best historical release EVER..
    Bob and Ray are also to die for...
    "So how far is it to Mars"
    "130 million miles"
    "And how fast will your rocket ship go"
    "54 miles an hour"

Something like that...
    To DIE for, wonderful stuff
    Nothing I hear today makes me laugh as much...
    It wouldn't surprise me if Firesign Theatre (who I also love) were big Bob and Ray fans...

On another tangent
    Someone needs to get off their duff and put together a very good release of all of Cantinflas movies with English subtitles,
    And after that Tin Tan movies
    It is a crime that they are not available in good print editions...

25. Gollum

Gollum Forum Resident

"Last Tango In Halifax". Loved it. I was a little put off at first by the sickly sentimental premise of two septuagenarians rekindling a teenage romance :cry:, but no worries, once the show gets rolling it is superb.