What happened to AmazonUS Autorip?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Bill007, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

A bit disappointed in Amazon, last Monday I ordered a cd box set (Harvest Albums by Soft Machine) which included an Autorip copy, It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. I knew something was wrong Friday since I never even got a shipment notice, and was the delivery date of the item.
    Come today I get I cancel notice, and my Aurorip copy was bye bye.
    I literally waited several months for the item to come back in stock, and it finally did, when I placed my order there were a few copies in stock.
    So why the frick did they cancel my order of an in stock item?
    And I'm pretty sure this set can't be out of print (OOP) already as it came out in 2019.
    I believe when they cancel an item, they should let you the Autorip as a compensation for inconvenience.
    In the last few months, Amazon has lost 3 different orders of mine, and cancelled 3.
    And I am a prime member too.
    Sorry for the rant, but I needed to speak my mind.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    ILovethebassclarinet likes this.
  2. Jason Pumphrey

Was able to order another one when it came in stock, happy camper now.

3. Jason Pumphrey

Just ordered The Beatles single disc Sgt Pepper 2009 remaster to replace a copy I cant seem to find for $12.69, and got the Autorip for the 65 track 2017 Deluxe Edition!, was just expecting to get the 13 track standard release.

4. Jason Pumphrey

Strange than some artists never seem to have that many Autorip eligible titles, for example, Eagles only has a very few.
    And some have certain titles that do not ever include Autorip, Pink Floyd's Piper, and Relics never do.
    Animals only gives Autorip for the vinyl, not the cd for some strange reason.

5. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

I got autorip files when I bought the Piper Anniversary box, but this was several years ago. I'm guessing the autorip rights must continually be in flux.

6. Jason Pumphrey

Just bought the single disc Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna remastered cd for $5, and got the Autorip for the 35 track deluxe edition!

John Porcellino likes this.
  7. Jason Pumphrey

Looks like no Autorip included with the new All Things Must Pass 50th. Ann.
    Seems like Autorip is not included with most new releases now.

ODShowtime likes this.
  8. John Porcellino

John Porcellino Forum Resident

Sometimes the autorips show up a few months after release. (I suppose it's a deal with the labels to encourage people to pay for downloads?) Doesn't help me much anymore, since the Autorip feature was the main reason I bought music from Amazon versus other dealers.

fretter likes this.
  9. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Great tip. Thanks.

I dumped the email with the link to download an album I bought. Didn't think about the Amazon Music app. Like everything you do on Amazon a bot is somehow controlling it, sometimes that can be good and work to your advantage.

c-eling likes this.
  10. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

The good thing is downloads of auto rip files seems possible after it wasn't for a while.

11. hefeman

hefeman Forum Resident

Has anyone noticed that, if you upgrade to Amazon Music Unlimited and try to play a album or CD in HD that you previously bought with autorip, only the mp3 audio will play?