Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Its the same place. If it shows sold out at one, it might still look like it’s in stock at the other. But they are both drawing from the same inventory so once one site says it’s gone, it’ll be gone from the other too even if it looks like you can still order it.

2. hutlock

They are indeed. But they do also sell out and then find more stock or have something returned from another store... the parent company here is Alliance, the biggest distributor there is. At least some of these Bin titles are things that they got returns on from stores that couldn’t sell them... so they might get like 10 from one store, sell out and then a few days later, get like 7 more from somewhere else.

Jspmike, samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  3. 3Dman

3Dman The Adventure Begins

That album is really fun. Full price fun, which I paid and should make your grab that much sweeter.

hutlock and Comicsanstombstone like this.
  4. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

Thanks for the tip. I also snagged the Idris today. Another thing I noticed w/ this code is that preorders were excluded, which I don’t remember seeing at DD before.

riverrat likes this.
  5. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

Not sure what all the fuss is about Deep Discount- their vinyl prices only start to be competitive when they have a large discount...

6. hutlock

Definitely weirdness going on in the Bin with pricing right now. CD count is up around 12-13K, but there are tons of things in there that are either marked down only a small percentage or in some cases, not marked down at all. Some vinyl titles are similarly priced all goofy, which has happened before. But I have definitely never seen things in the Bin that aren’t discounted at all.

I recommend checking one of their other outlets (Pop Market, etc) if you see something in the Bin that you want that doesn’t appear to be clearance priced... at least for now.

Oh and that HATTER discount code expires today so if you all want to get a discount on, you know what to do!

7. popscene

popscene Senior Member

And, as I was reminded when I tried to use it to pre-order The Who Sell Out box set, it's valid for in stock items only. I hope that's not the "way of the shark" going forward - I've used their coupons on a lot of pre-sales in the past.

8. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

And out of stock items, for this sale.

9. popscene

popscene Senior Member

That's the fuss. Some of the discounts are quite, uh, deep.

10. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Great, I just got both of the Santana Japan 7" series SACD with 70s Quadraphonic mix layer!!!

I would not have concerned myself with the additional 5% off (expiring in 15 min.), but for the sales tax added really bugs me.

superstar19 likes this.
  11. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

That's right, 15% off is expiring in 15 min. from now.

12. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

I have that and I think you'll enjoy it. Just be aware that the quad mix is quieter than the stereo presentation and also has more hiss present. That being said, it's a very active (think swirly sounds) quad mix at times. It makes for a fun listen IMO, however some folks have complained about the quality of the quad mix overall (I think about the overall sonics, not the mix itself).

13. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

There are two (2) albums by Santana in this series. The first Santana and Abraxis as well. I ordered them both but of course.

Which one are you giving me your impressions on?

14. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Not sure if it's technicality the same series, but Lotus is also available in the same format (SACD w/quad mixes, 7" jacket).

15. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Sorry about that. I'm referring to Abaxas (I don't have the S/T).

16. Pali Gap

Ok, just saying 15% off $30 vinyl doesn’t do much for me..

17. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

No, but if you can rack up enough to get free shipping, and then apply the 15% off, then you really are doing ok when compared to others' prices online.

SJP likes this.
  18. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Well, the bin is back to its boring self. Even the specials that hung on for a few days (Belinda Carlisle, Rosanne Cash) are gone. That was a fun burst of activity though....

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  19. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

The bin looks kinda broken... there a a lot of items at full price with no discounts applied. @hutlock BROKE THE BIN!

samwisefan, latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  20. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

burn it down, the good times are gone

21. Pali Gap

Not Amazon, DD needs the discount to match Amazon prices...

22. hutlock

Yeah, same. I actually lucked out because the new Japan Quiet Life Super Deluxe just came out so I was able to use it on that.

23. hutlock

Oh for sure there was some new stuff added to the vinyl bin too (and a TON of CDs too) over the last 24 hours but with the wonky pricing, it’s damn near impossible to figure out what is on clearance for real.

Best advice: start a Wish List and add anything you are potentially looking at in there. That way you can just hit the one location to see if the pricing has changed or been fixed or what and not have to scroll the whole damn bin again.

24. hutlock

Sounds like you’re an Amazon shopper then. If you have a spot and you’re happy with it, just keep shopping there.

25. hutlock

New, not-as-good coupon just kicked off:
    TEAPOT gets you 10% off when you buy 3 or more in-stock items.

Again with the “in-stock” qualifier. UGH.