Acoustic Sounds Blue Note 50% off Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ron Jones, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazysteve

Crazysteve Gonzo Party Member

As long as you don’t do Facebook or Twitter you will have a good karma. The sales will come.

2. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Wait, what? They don't have downloads anymore? When did that happen and why?

3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

ended December 31, they had a 2 week sale on them before removing them

4. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

Thanks, I got to start reading the fine print going forward.

5. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo

They may have been matching HDT & PSM with the permanent sale, & AS doesn't do downloads anymore so that may be the reason.

6. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Hey, Instagram is the place to be. I got a "like" from Herbie Hancock the other day :)

7. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Cool, there, you just got one from me too.

brimuchmuze likes this.
  8. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

I got one from the dude's trying to rename the Williamsburg bridge after Sonny Rollins!

brimuchmuze and hutlock like this.
  9. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

That was my conjecture in the AS/Verve thread. I think the exact thing happened last year right before a sale.

Briskit likes this.
  10. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

So I've been doing a bit of pre-emptive cart filling around the web today and here's what I noticed:
    ALL the regular online audiophile stores have removed their discounts.
    Elusive Disc, MusicDirect, and Acoustic Sounds.
    I am not liking this development.
    With exchanging currency for USD, and then shipping - man, overseas customers are going to feel that 10%.
    :[

11. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

If they are no longer doing the regular 10% off, then the least they could do is a sale on the holidays aka today for Presidents Day.

12. moomoomoomoo

Yes, & for me at least the discounts paid sales tax. I can't afford tax AND shipping.

13. Swordsandchains

Im itching for a 15% off....the videos chad is doing are fun but id rather have coupons

toddofx and thatguy1976 like this.
  14. moomoomoomoo

With sales tax, 15% off gives me less than 5%.

15. Swordsandchains

its not much but its something

hutlock likes this.
  16. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

No offense man but this has got to be at least the 5th time I have seen this comment from you. Have you thought about moving somewhere else if this bothers you so much?

17. thatguy1976

thatguy1976 Forum Resident

Agreed. My purchases from AS have significantly dropped. I will no longer buy a non-Audiophile LP from them if they continue to sell at MSRP with no discount. Why bother when locals or online independent record stores such as Plaid Room Records offer records for at least a little percentage off of MSRP?

TerpStation and Swordsandchains like this.
  18. Swordsandchains

agreed on all fronts. I plan to only by AP releases from them moving forward because if there is a problem then its easy to get a replacement or exchange

thatguy1976 likes this.
  19. moomoomoomoo

I don't have the $ or I would. Turns out Wa state prohibits an income tax in our state constitution. Problem is sales tax (PLUS SHIPPING) damages low income folks like me disproportionately. It does mean I pay 10% more than others do.

There are still a few retailers that choose to not charge tax. They get my business wherever possible.

20. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Dang, I'd love to live in a State with no income tax and suffer through a 10% sales tax. Shoot, I get income tax and a 9% sales tax.

Planbee and hutlock like this.
  21. beyondmiles

beyondmiles Forum Resident

I mean - I live in WA state too, and while we do have a super high sales tax, no income tax is not insignificant. Like you said, there are a lot of other retailers that don’t charge tax or realistically, a good chunk of new items can be found elsewhere for cheaper.

I get it - they used to not charge and now they do. That sucks. But taxes are kind of non-negotiable? And I’m not telling you how to spend your money, but as the saying goes, “but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”

22. moomoomoomoo

Ouch. You've got it worse than us.

23. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

So far, AS doesn't collect sales tax for Texas residents (no income tax, as well). So even without the 10/15% discounts on AS, it's still my 'go to' store for vinyl.

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  24. moomoomoomoo

Wonder why they only chose some states? I thought they were at least hitting all of us per state law.

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Acoustic Sounds now charge WA tax on mail order shipments......when did that happen?
    That’s a drag, are ED and MD doing the same?

I regularly ordered from them for shipment to a WA address but haven’t done so for almost a year because I can’t cross the border to pick up them up until the regulations ease up.

In BC we have two taxes, Provincial @ 7%, Federal @ 5%, i.e. 12% total. That applies for B&M’s and Amazon Canada (but usually not on 3rd party sellers).

With all the taxes and crazy shipping rates it makes one think hard about when to buy and from whom.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.