Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Truly this is one of the purchases that years from now you can look back at with pride! Fantastic haul!

EDIT: well except perhaps the Perry Farrell, but you can let us know how that one goes I guess...

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yes, very nice haul! Good hunting on your part.

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  3. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Oh well, wish I knew that. I ended up buying some preorders elsewhere since all their coupons lately that were sent to me all specify IN STOCK ONLY. Actually I should have tried them anyway, who knows maybe it is just a bluff & they didn't restrict the coupon in the website purchasing code....

4. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Not a Deep Discount item, but a Popmarket listing, over at Discogs.com.

The 2019 Record Store Day reissue of A.R. Kane's LP 'New Clear Child'. This was supposedly limited to 500 pieces? Surprised to see it discounted now.

They show three copies in stock (with three different listing IDs) at $3.04 each + $2.98 shipping. Total $6.02.

A.R. Kane - New Clear Child: LP, Album, Ltd, RE, Mil For Sale | Discogs

One Amazon review reads "The great A.R.Kane's often-dismissed third album pales in comparison only to the band's previous work; taken on its own merits it's a lovely little dreamy pop record not unlike similar-era releases by, say, Saint Etienne, with especially evocative lyrics and nice production. (See also Rudi Tambala's subsequent releases as Sufi for comparison.) It's just that earlier A.R.Kane records, particularly 'Up Home', 69, and i, are more on the order of Sgt. Pepper's or Bitches Brew or Tago Mago, Joy Division's Closer, Cocteau Twins' Treasure, MBV's Loveless - monumental."

5. hutlock

Yeah by far my least favorite A.R. Kane album but still well worth that price. Thanks for the tip! Not too long ago there was a Sufi EP in the Bin at DD as well—I already owned it but it would be worth checking to see if it is still there.

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

The Perry Farrell is pretty good! It's much more "pop" than Jane's Addiction, which I don't mind at all.

There are a lot of musical textures and ideas weaved throughout the album. Every minute or so, there's a significant musical texture change: strings, electronic flourishes and effects, female vocal choruses, 70s funk guitars, large drums propelling grooves, etc. It's produced and co-mixed by David Bowie's frequent collaborator Tony Visconti. It is short; 9 songs in about 31 minutes.

For $6.08, I don't regret the purchase. However, if I'd paid $15-20, I might be a little disappointed, because this music doesn't strike me as very "enduring," at least not on first listen. It's enjoyable for 1/2 hour though.

7. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

A couple more from Discogs. Hope it's OK to use this thread? I didn't see another thread for Discogs.

Justin Timberlake + Mitchell Owens 2LP soundtrack 'The Book Of Love'. Red wax, limited to 1,000. $7.68 + 6.00 s/h from "Vinyl.".

Link: Justin Timberlake & Mitchell Owens - The Book Of Love (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): 2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, Red For Sale | Discogs

==========

Big Star's Third ‎– Stroke It, Noel: Big Star's Third In Concert
    .... this is that tribute concert 2LP, another Record Store Day release I think.
    $7.95 sealed + $5.00 s/h.

Big Star's Third - Stroke It, Noel: Big Star's Third In Concert: 2xLP, Ltd For Sale | Discogs

==========

Mark Eitzel - Hey Mr. Ferryman New / sealed. $7.19 + $3.99 s/h

Mark Eitzel - Hey Mr Ferryman: LP, Album For Sale | Discogs

==============

'Circe' 2LP soundtrack on Krunk. 2/3 of Sigur Ros involved here. Reviews were mixed. (Available from Amazon at similar price.) %8.00 + $5.00 s/h.

Georg Holm*, Orri Páll Dýrason, Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson, Kjartan Holm - Circe: 2xLP, Album For Sale | Discogs
    Georg Holm*, Orri Páll Dýrason, Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson, Kjartan Holm - Circe: 2xLP, Album For Sale | Discogs

==============

This dealer just marked down 100's of sealed LP's to less than $10.00. I picked up several titles.

Buy Vinyl Records and CDs from Silverplatters at Discogs Marketplace

8. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

According to the tracking provided by DD, the order with my 2 Leo Sayer box sets is now in Dieppe New Brunswick. If it was shipped from the DD warehouse in Kentucky (about 600 miles from me), that means it will travel roughly 2400+ miles to get to me. Delivery date is marked as "delayed". Hope it makes it!

9. hutlock

Funny, I was just coming to report that my order from Friday has already arrived today.

The Shark moves in mysterious ways!

10. allbrosca

Funny is that was my first of 4 orders from this go round, 2 are already here and the other 1 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Leo wants to hit the road and take in the sights before he settles down!

11. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

Exciting story ahead:

Months ago I put 7 Year Bitch's Gato Negro in my cart on a rarely-used macbook when it showed up in the bin for $8.48, but there wasn't anything else I wanted so never ordered. When there was some other stuff a week or so later the Gato Negro was back up to $26ish so I forgot about it. Then when the recent reload happened I grabbed that macbook and quickly put several new albums into the cart and checked out. Note: when I started to check out only the new albums were in the cart. But when the order was completed, Gato Negro was listed in the order summary at $8.48. Whatever, I figured it wouldn't be shipped and sure enough, when I got the shipping confirmation for the other items it wasn't included.

Well, I'm sure you can all guess what just happened. It just shipped for $8.48. And, even more confounding, the album doesn't even show up on DD.

The bin, the mysterious bin, unfathomable by mortal minds, its warehouses slipping between non-Euclidean dimensions and across alien planes of existence.

mrjinks, Vanzetti, 3Dman and 11 others like this.
  12. hutlock

Ready for it to get REALLY spooky?!

I did the EXACT SAME THING with that EXACT SAME ALBUM. I stuck it in my cart and never got around to ordering and then saw the price jump. Only I then removed it from my cart and never saw it again. Which sucks but TBH I really only wanted it because of the Jaime Hernandez cover art (HUGE fan of Los Bros). I mean, I like the band as well but the attraction was for sure that big, glorious cover to me LOL.

Anyway, glad you landed it and at the right price too HA.

13. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

Ha, the bin unites people in unforeseen and occasionally terrifying ways.

I're read more about the band than listened to them and I know that album is not highly regarded but yeah, the cover is cool and for $8 why not.

14. popscene

popscene Senior Member

I think Leo has put a hex on these boxes. Three orders that I placed after this one have already arrived. Meanwhile, the shipment with Leo (and Showaddywaddy, for goodness sake!) started out in Los Angeles and is now sitting somewhere in Missouri. I'm in San Diego!

15. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I think all of my orders have arrived....I'm out of town until tomorrow but my wife says our house looks like a UPS facility! I've only been gone since Thursday.....I warned her it would be bad lol!

16. hutlock

You have a VERY understanding wife!

17. Juggsnelson

Yeah she's a keeper! I did show her those Leo Sayer deals as an indicator of just how ridiculous the sales were....maybe that helped my cause!

samwisefan, hutlock, SJP and 2 others like this.
  18. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Does it help to serenade her with a verse of "When I Need You" as well? I'm asking for advice...for a friend.

19. Juggsnelson

She's more of an 80's fan so I go with "More Than I Can Say" personally.

20. hutlock

If your wife actually knows anything by Leo Sayer, she is DEFINITELY a keeper!

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Ha! I did the exact same thing..."only $3.99, I had to buy it!"

She didn't really pay attention to the box size and that there had to be 10 other items in there :).

And actually, I could pick Endless Flight out of a lineup and know the "Dancing" song but I was shocked to hear two other 1970s AM radio staples on side one. The album, and the rest of the box, is definitely a keeper.

Juggsnelson and latheofheaven like this.
  22. Juggsnelson

He put out some quality stuff for sure!!!

23. allbrosca

Leo is out to see all of North America! I think he's covered most of the US and Canada between our 2 orders!

popscene, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  24. popscene

popscene Senior Member

He must really miss touring!

25. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Sometimes the Bin delivers! this last batch was pretty sweet
    [​IMG]