Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Everyone who ordered early from the sale got lucky with the speedy delivery time.

One order I placed on the 2nd is being delivered today, but an order I placed on the 3rd is still sitting on “USPS awaiting item.”

The deals were great so I can’t complain, though it definitely looks like they got swamped with orders.

2. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Ordering early is not the key. I made 4 orders over the course of a few days and I now have all but the first one, which, as noted previously, was last reported to be in Dieppe, New Brunswick for some reason

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it ain't no @hutlock experience but man all of my orders have arrived rather q
    also kind of an apples and oranges discussion comparing the shipping agencies of two separate countries.

latheofheaven, hutlock and SJP like this.
  4. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I had a couple “USPS awaiting item” stay that way for days, only to suddenly appear at the Los Angeles distribution center.

5. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Just got a text notification that DD is having a "Shark Madness" sale, and rushed to the computer to snag any deals before they sold out...

Special Sale Vinyl on DeepDiscount

However, it looks like more than half the items aren't on sale at all, and tons of stuff is backordered/OOS. Don't really see anything worthwhile IMO.

6. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Super, thanks for the head's up. I clicked for 'in stock' items only, sorted by newest and found 20+ cool things. All those Divine Comedy reissues, Chills reissues, more.

Loaded into my shopping cart and waiting for sales pricing to kick in.

By the way, if anyone is curious, there is a maximum of 30 items allowed in the Deep Discount cart.

====================

Yes, I realize that deeply discounted sales prices may not kick in on all of these. Still, doesn't hurt to be ready if they do.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    latheofheaven, hutlock and samwisefan like this.
  7. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

Maybe, but maybe not after you look at the quoted experience very similar to mine that also took a cross country trek through the US

8. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

That is a good idea for sure. I wonder if the prices adjust in your cart? I know they do if I put them in my Wish List but I wasn’t sure about the cart... please report back on that!

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  9. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

Sure, I'll report back. I know that prices go UP when they're left in your cart. (Stuff I didn't buy in previous sales but left in the cart is repriced higher after the sale ends.)

As an aside, if you leave items in your DD cart for a couple of weeks, DD will send you a reminder email with a unique 10% discount code asking you to complete checkout and buy your items. (The coupon is not stackable with other sales, though.)

samwisefan, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  10. hutlock

Well yeah... I had NO problem loading up a cart with stuff I want, but not at those prices really. Even adding the extra 10% off for 3+ items doesn’t bring some of those prices down enough (like those YMO reissues for example). Will definitely be keeping an eye on this though...

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  11. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Got a really beat up box today- 10 records stuffed inside, not a single seam split or corner ding! Well worth the $60!

12. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

If anyone’s thinking of ordering Peach Melba by Melba Moore (good album, Eugene McDaniels on production/half the songwriting), be aware that it’s a CDR (though not listed as such).

13. slightlydazed

slightlydazed Forum Resident

Nice! Got my Coltrane & Friends and Beggars Banquet too

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Got my Jeff lynne's ELO - from out of nowhere , but the Vinyl is pretty warped ,anyone get a flat copy , certainly not a great pressing , that said not sure if it's even worth trying to return , looks like i have to pay return shipping for stuff from them ? How are they with Exchanges ?

15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

DD doesn’t exchange. You can report the defective product and they should provide a return shipping label.

16. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Nice!! Absolute steals on the Caravan and Billy Joel!!

17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks for that Info , maybe i'll keep it , i played it last night it plays all the way through , Kinda Amazed it played as it's really bad .

samwisefan, SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  18. hutlock

Maybe check the Bin for one of those VinylFlat things.

Davidmk5, 3Dman and latheofheaven like this.
  19. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Forum Resident

Just test-played my copy. It's slightly off flat but, sadly, nothing out of the predictable range I've come to expect from any modern non-audiophile pressing. The sound is definitely not great, but I don't know how much of that is the pressing vs. the production. The only thing I have to compare it to is the "official" content on Vevo, played over digital on the same system, and they aren't that far off (more treble on the digital, but not necessarily pleasant treble). I like the music so far, but it sounds like it was engineered to sound faux-mono, or something.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Played mine today as well. Mine is just as @GunsOfBrixton described, slightly off flat. Certainly not too bad as it doesn't affect the sound quality. Also very slightly off-center but again, no effect on sound. Gold vinyl looks decent overall. Unfortunately, the sound is totally dull and lifeless. If it weren't for the really cool lenticular cover, I'd probably ditch this for the CD, assuming that would sound better which is quite a stretch, I'm sure.

21. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

I received a CD that needed to go back due to a gouge on the back cover of the digipak. DD sent the return shipping label to my e-mail address and they also sent me a new copy of the CD as part of the same transaction. That said, this was a regular purchase item of a recent release and not a Blowout Bin or 70% off item so they may be more accommodating for this type of return. I also called and spoke directly with Customer Service as opposed to e-mailing which is their preferred customer communication channel.

22. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Mine is off center a bit as well , i too LOVE the Album cover , very cool .

SJP and latheofheaven like this.
  23. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Received this the other day.
    The packaging was adequate, no seam splits or crunched corners.
    I am happy to report that the disc is flat, centered and quiet (and shiny, too!).
    The music, of course, is awesome, but I am pretty sure it is not a AAA mastering.

:hide:

hutlock, jlf, DailyHiFi and 2 others like this.
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

25. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Coupons are getting weaker....

Spend $40 or more on in-stock items and SAVE 10%!
    Enter coupon code CHESHIRE at checkout.
    Coupon only valid through 3/19/2021 at noon CT. The order must contain $40 or more of in-stock items for the coupon to apply. 10% savings applies to IN-STOCK items only.
    Savings do not apply to shipping and taxes. May not be combined with other offers.
    Some restrictions apply*

*Video games, video game consoles, select turntables, and LEGO® products are excluded from the offer. Only in-stock items will receive the discount.

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.