Type O Negative - None More Negative Box reissued by ROG

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Krzych, Jun 21, 2019.

1. TongueDruid

TongueDruid The Delectable Dingleberry

That Santana medley is so good!! That concert video fkng ruuuules too... Gotta love "After Dark" as well, I wore out that vhs back in high school. Can still quote every second of that vid :laugh: Good times.

c-eling and GarySteel like this.
  2. GarySteel

GarySteel Bastard of old

Never seen it, actually :eek:

Another one to get then.

It never ends (once it starts).

c-eling and TongueDruid like this.
  3. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

It ended for me when I started looking into the promo cd single's about 15 years ago :laugh:
    Rare and expensive

TongueDruid and GarySteel like this.
  4. GarySteel

GarySteel Bastard of old

Well, I'm NOT going down that particular wormhole! Dog forbid! :eek:

I will try to collect the music (as in all/most of the different songs), not collectibles. Still, there are lots of cool things to covet :drool:

c-eling likes this.
  5. TongueDruid

Make sure you get the Least Worst Of if ya haven't already! Best "best of" ever due to it being a bunch of unreleased WCD tunes & alternate versions of previous songs. I just wish they'd have thrown the Pictures Of Matchstick Men cover w Peter on vox (instead of Ozzy) for good measure.

KristianS likes this.
  6. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

Thanks TongueDruid, that is a great advice and I will make sure to do that.

TongueDruid likes this.
  7. #1Zero

#1Zero Well-Known Member

Its coming. Either Johnny or Kenny commented on instagram that it was coming. Run Out Groove is doing a 30th Slow Deep and Hard in June so I would expect Dead Again to be next.

KristianS, Neonbeam and Stormrider77 like this.
  8. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Out of curiosity:
    Why "Dead Again" and not "October Rust"?

Stormrider77 and shadowlord like this.
  9. TongueDruid

[​IMG]

Official confirmation!

10. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

been wondering the same. that's my favorite Type O record and I've been waiting on a vinyl reissue of it forever. Dead Again, not so much.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Neonbeam likes this.
  11. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

I hope its not one of those limited edition things that are available for 5 seconds and then sold out like the Voivod Outer Limits rerelease that was announced yesterday.

c-eling likes this.
  12. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

I have no plans on grabbing this one, so there's at least 1 still available up for grabs when available for pre-order :winkgrin:

Neonbeam and KristianS like this.
  13. TongueDruid

Considering RunOutGroove is the only company who've been re-releasing Type O's catalogue recently I'd hope my assumption is correct that they're the ones making this'un. They've recently successfully re-released Bloody Kisses (twice), World Coming Down & also the boxed set, so hopefully they're gonna be the ones to keep pulling thru w the rest! In which case it will not be a super-annoyingly-limited pressing & easily available for quite awhile.

Stormrider77, Neonbeam and c-eling like this.
  14. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

Yeah, I hope they will be the one to release this one also. I like what they have done with the other re-releases so far.

Stormrider77 and TongueDruid like this.
  15. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Why can't I get the Least Worst for a regular cd price? Looks like $34 is the cheapest.

16. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

I just picked up Least Worst on vinyl for USD 80. Expensive but a wonderful copy.

fretter and miller_time22 like this.
  17. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

I just finished reading the Soul on fire book which I found very interesting. It was a bit of a hard read on an emotional level, but it brought some nice insight into the songs I think.

18. Gabba Gabba

Gabba Gabba Forum Resident

I went on a BIG TON binge last summer. Pretty much listened to every album back to back every day for 3 months. They were a great band and their studio work is stunning. There's a lot going on in pretty much every song. They deserve way more credit then they get.

19. TongueDruid

That book is so great but UGGGH what a depressing ending. Absolutely loved reading about Pete's upbringing and histories of Carnivore/TON etc

Runicen likes this.
  20. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

Yes I agree. I also loved those things but as you said a very depressing ending. He was a very clearly a very troubled man from early on and things just escalated with the drugs. It must have been very hard for him and people close to him to live through this. So sad that his death came at a time when things looked so much brighter for him and that cause of death was something that he should have survived if he got help earlier.

Runicen, Gabba Gabba and TongueDruid like this.
  21. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Nice find!

KristianS likes this.
  22. KristianS

KristianS Forum Resident

Neonbeam, cmarti and Stormrider77 like this.
  23. cmarti

cmarti Forum Resident

I concur, we need a Dead Again reissue badly. I also own the No More Black boxset.

KristianS likes this.
  24. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

I remember hearing "Black #1" on KNAC fm back in 1993. I was living more or less down the street from the station, so I actually got excellent reception during that time. For the longest time, I didn't know what the song was called but it left an impression.

KristianS, miller_time22 and c-eling like this.
  25. TongueDruid