Deep Discount deep discounts*

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Marvin, May 9, 2016.

1. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I know you were being funny (and succeeding!), but I actually experienced both a crunched edge of the spine, and what are the CD equivalent of "seam splits." I've had more success with LPs from Deep Discount, than from CDs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

neubian, Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  2. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

BOWIE BY O'NEILL Collectibles on DeepDiscount

As of this writing, the Bowie book is back in the bin. $4.54
    (Big Bowie fan here. :love: )

But aside from that I have to say it's really depressing looking through the bin right now with all the wonky, non-discounted (or poorly discounted) prices everywhere. I hope they clean it up soon.

SJP, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  3. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

What is interesting is what has been there for a long time! Some good stuff, some turkeys. Lets see, off the top, Mike Love, Zac Brown, Johnny Marr (nice!), Judy Collins, Jackson Browne, Brian Wilson...

samwisefan likes this.
  4. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Hah, yes, mine was a bit messed-up, too: squished spine and the page edges all torn and ragged like they were cut with a blunt guillotine. No problem with any of my LPs...

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It’s been far more common on my end to get damage to this sort of CD package (ESPECIALLY from Amazon) than it is to get damage to an LP. Thankfully I don’t buy many things packaged that way these days...

latheofheaven likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I picked this up out of the bin and it arrived a couple days ago. Spectacular book. Even with the heavy item shipping charge taking this up over $10, the book appears to be worth every penny.

7. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Ouch! Sorry that yours did not arrive in good shape!:cry:

latheofheaven likes this.
  8. popscene

popscene Senior Member

Heads up! I set an alert to notify me when The Triffids' Calenture 2 CD expanded edition came back in stock. Just received the email, and ordered for $5.45:

The Triffids Calenture [Import] on DeepDiscount

I also decided to use the PLUNGE promo code to pre-order the John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and The Who Sell Out deluxe sets, even though I previously pre-ordered at Amazon. With the promo code, it's substantially cheaper at Deep Discount.

And (not that anyone really cares), after nearly a month's journey, Leo Sayer and Showaddywaddy arrived yesterday - the same day as the Gang Of Four box that they shipped on 3/10.

9. hutlock

Gang of Four, Leo Sayer, and Showaddywaddy all on the same day?! How will you choose what to play first?! LOL.

Juggsnelson and popscene like this.
  10. popscene

popscene Senior Member

The answer was actually "none of the above." I also received the pink vinyl reissue of Dolly Mixture's Demonstration Tapes from Rough Trade yesterday, and that won out.

hutlock likes this.
  11. hutlock

Amen to that! Glad you got one! I got mine direct from the band about a month ago and it has been in constant rotation since (even though I’ve had the CD for a while now).

popscene likes this.
  12. popscene

popscene Senior Member

It's one of those records that I miss out on every time it comes back in print, and wasn't going to let it happen again!

Comicsanstombstone and hutlock like this.
  13. hutlock

Yeah that’s why I bought it straight from them—Rough Trade always seems to alert me to things after they have already sold out. Lame.

Juggsnelson and popscene like this.
  14. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

I should probably order it, too, it’s pretty much my favourite album and I missed out on the Germs of Youth pressing (I’ve got the Royal Mint CD and the box).

I remember seeing a rather beat-up copy of the original LP in the sales racks at London’s Virgin Megastore back in, incredibly, the 1990s; they must have dredged that one up from the warehouse or something. I didn’t know who they were then, just that it looked kind of handmade and indiepoppish and I was tempted to buy it but didn’t. I think it was under 10 quid. That’s one of my bad life choices that haunts me the most.

hutlock and popscene like this.
  15. hutlock

OOOOF. That’s rough. We all have moments like that for sure.

But yes, buy this now or regret it later. I’m already seeing most places sold through the new pressing...

popscene likes this.
  16. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

The Marc Almond- Stardom Road (gold Music on Vinyl) I ordered with the Simple Minds box but didn’t ship and disappeared from the site, showed up yesterday. I was expecting an eventual refund.

Juggsnelson and hutlock like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

you seem like a patient fellow. more patient than me anyhow.

groovelocked and hutlock like this.
  18. hutlock

Great! Glad I advised you not to cancel!

groovelocked likes this.
  19. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Not at ALL! as soon as I get payment confirmation I start looking for the ship notice and start tracking and impatiently waiting for the mail when it finally says Out for delivery.. usually don’t even wait for the doorman to log packages and call- thankfully they understand my OCD and will dig thru a pile of boxes to find mine. They always ask what/who the record is.

For this tho.. I just kinda wrote it off as an ‘oh well’ since I didn’t expect it. The Simple Minds box was worth the $50 order total.

20. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

I don't know what's going on with the Bin, but I just checked and there are currently only TWO items listed. That's it, just 2. (And they're both movies.) Hopefully, this means they are in the process of fixing the wonky prices and/or adding new stuff.

EDIT: And the Closeout Crate on Popmarket is completely empty!

21. neubian

neubian Forum Resident

Hopefully!

samwisefan and latheofheaven like this.
  22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Well, this news inspired me to pull the trigger on a few items I'd put into my shopping cart. The Blowout Bin pricing was still showing for all of these items; I guess I'll find out whether any/all of them will ship successfully.

(Pro tip: Numerous LPs that were in the Blowout Bin could be found and listened to in their entirety on Bandcamp. Exploring some unrecognized artists led me to buy several of the LPs below.)

A Resounding Roar
    Charles E. Burchfield
    LP
    1 $5.24 $5.24
    Arthur Buck
    LP
    1 $4.36 $4.36
    Back On The Right Track
    Sly & the Family Stone
    CD
    1 $3.99 $3.99
    Driving Excitement And The Pleasure Of Ownership
    Jc Flowers
    LP
    1 $4.33 $4.33
    Isolation Ritual
    Harborlights
    LP
    1 $4.36 $4.36
    One True Pairing
    LP
    1 $4.36 $4.36

23. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I think they're fiddling with it. My regular bookmark quoted above in this thread didn't work, but if you go to the 70% off tab on the left from it all the usual suspects are still there.

latheofheaven and samwisefan like this.
  24. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

It looks like the Blowout Bin is no more.

25. rubberhead

rubberhead I've never made a bad record

For the bin, a Viking funeral. Its deeds were heroic, its savings the stuff of legends.