uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I received an order about 10 days ago that was placed on Oct. 29 and included Byrd in Flight, Waiting Game, Blakey Roots & Herbs and Coltrane Love Supreme. It sounds as if they ran out of stock before filling all orders from that timeframe, if people who placed orders just a few days later are still waiting for shipment.

The one-time-use coupon codes are a big incentive to place large orders. But then every single title has to become available before they ship. It is indeed quite the Waiting Game...

Dignan2000 and GentleSenator like this.
  2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i seriously doubt its a stock issue with these guys. it's a logistics nightmare overall as the distributors are woefully incompetent.

Dignan2000 likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Got a shipping notice/tracking on the two PJ Harvey reissues out tomorrow. So those are on time.

Honestly, given the fiasco with the Tone Poet and Verve AP titles at Target, those appear to be the problem areas. Between Target and uDiscover, these releases have been SERIOUSLY botched. I haven’t had any trouble at all getting them from indie stores.

Davidmk5 and Dignan2000 like this.
  4. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Hmm, I pre-ordered those from them as well—and had completely forgotten about them—but I have yet to receive a shipping notice. Hopefully soon.

hutlock likes this.
  5. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

I guess new TP releases and pre orders at $20 or something would be a pretty attractive proposition, especially since nobody else were doing more than 30% off.. same for the AS/Verve ones.

As an example of how ridiculous those prices were, I tried putting through a speculative order of three TPs to the UK, costing £35 over here. It's was something like this:

Price: $75
    After code: $60
    Shipping: $45 (yes, they were going to charge $15 shipping for each record!)

Then some taxes and stuff, but even after all that, it would have been like 20-30% cheaper than ordering from the UK, after currency conversion. I didn't put it through though, after reading about all the shipping issues, the risk in case of returns, etc. Anyway, I can see why there would be a huge demand for these records at those levels of discounts. They probably should have managed all that a bit better :)

hutlock and Dignan2000 like this.
  6. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

It's not sold out on amazon. That tells me that they allocate a certain number to each retailer or distributor or whatever. Maybe udiscover doesn't get as many because they often sell them for a lower price.

7. hutlock

I think that makes sense except for the part where uDiscover owns Blue Note. I don’t see why they would short themselves on their own titles but then again, it isn’t like there is any better explanation for how they do things.

GentleSenator likes this.
  8. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

it's pretty amazing that they can be the industry juggernaut and still rely on morons who fail daily at the logistics game.

Dignan2000 and hutlock like this.
  9. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Dignan2000, hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  10. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Back in 3 day lockdown.
    Nothing to do but watch tracking notifications.
    Some of my order from November has made it to Japan....
    :wtf:

The Elephant Man likes this.
  11. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Lethrus and oldjollymon like this.
  12. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

3 x packages out of 4 received from my Novemeber order, now.
    Package #1 had a whole bunch of stuff missing.
    Reported it to customer service.
    Then package 2# showed up, with all the missing items included.
    They shipped them in a used box which almost fell apart during shipping.
    Miracle that the records arrived with just few dinged corners.
    Now package #3 arrives.
    It appears they took my missing item report, and re-sent a bunch of the items.
    Even though they had been included in package #2.
    Astonished by the Olympic level incompetence, but I just got 5 extra records for free, so I think I'm about even.
    How does this company continue to operate?

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

when you're just an arm of the industry i don't think you really care about anything. be it accidental free records or customer service.

shopping with udiscover, soundofvinyl, etc. reminds me of the stories i've read about how music clubs like columbia house operated. so much waste.

Briskit, oldjollymon and hutlock like this.
  14. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Does anybody have a coupon code for udiscover besides comeback.

Looking at getting that Who Sell Out Mono

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  15. NewKidInTown

NewKidInTown Forum Resident

jason202 likes this.
  16. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I got a copy from them. It was very slightly warped and they put it in a 12" mailer without any extra shims around the product so one corner of the jacket was slightly bent. It sounds fine, though.

17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

So I went to the US site this morning (shop.udiscovermusic.com) and got a little pop-up thing when I landed there. It was a "wheel-of-fortune" type spinner: enter your email address and spin for a discount. My first try, with my main email address got me a 30% coupon (expiring in ONE WEEK). Tried with another email on a different PC and this time I spun 10% off (also expiring in a week).

So some of you might want to check it out.

NOTE: I did try from yet another browser, but this time, no wheel of fortune, so results may vary!

18. LongHairedJazz

LongHairedJazz Forum Resident

Disable cookies. Can you share codes or is it one time use?

19. WesB

WesB Forum Resident

I got the 30% code too, I think it's a unique one-time use code.

20. mrjinks

It's one-time use. But I just played around with my ipad/pc, opening different browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Edge/IE), almost every time it would give me "the wheel" to spin and I was able to get a 2nd 30% off code after a few tries. Since I was doing pre-orders for items that released on different dates, I didn't want to have to have them hold my order till the latest release date. This way, I did two separate orders and got 30% off each. :goodie:

Since "luck" is in the promotion, I'm guessing it's timed for St. Patrick's Day and may not be around long.

hutlock likes this.
  21. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Sweet I got 20% off on the Who-Sell Out Mono that was good enough for me.

Thanks guys for bringing it to my attention

aoxomoxoa and mrjinks like this.
  22. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

Something isn't right. I took advantage of this and ordered a few things. I just received a shipping confirmation.

23. hutlock

For stuff that is currently in stock?!

Yeah, definitely not right.

GentleSenator likes this.
  24. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

I thought maybe I had been in a coma for a month and THEN checked my email.

25. mrjinks

Thesoundofvinyl.us also has the spinner - do they carry any stuff that shop.uDiscovermusic.com doesn’t have?