Poll: Which version of Sandoval's updated Monkees book are you purchasing?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Mc, Mar 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

well of course...: )

2. Paul Sofronoff

Paul Sofronoff The Last Earbender

Saving up for the Super Deluxe (you don't get billed until it ships in June). Just 1 copy for me - not speculating. I have the original and reference it all the time when I am listening to monkeemusic

3. mmerone

mmerone Senior Member

Deluxe Edition. I have no issue with the price. I have the 2005 book and have always enjoyed it. I have all the Rhino Super Deluxe Boxes along with my Colgems, Arista and Rhino vinyl. With all the enjoyment I’ve gotten from Andrew’s work on various Monkees, Kinks and Bee Gees projects, I have no problem supporting this one as well.

4. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

I pre ordered yesterday but as yet have had no e mail conformation - has anyone ordered and has received an e mail ?

5. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Some people did get an email, others (like me ) did not. Andrew has said on numerous occasions, if the screen after you made your reservation said it was confirmed, you are good to go. If you are worried, you can email them or try to contact Andrew directly on social media to confirm. You will be on the newsletter email list as well. One went out a couple of days ago.
    Hope this helps :wave:

D-rock and Phil D like this.
  6. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

I did not and after trying to use the "Contact Us" link on the site to try and confirm and finding it was also broken, I reached out to Andrew on Twitter. He sent me an email later in the day confirming I was good. Seems like there should be a better system in place to send confirmation considering the "pre-order" it now or never get it aspect of the campaign.

JuanTCB, BobT and Phil D like this.
  7. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Thanks, I'll do as you suggest, I just want him to confirm he did get the order - I'd hate to miss out.

BobT and Dreaddazzman like this.
  8. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Agreed.

9. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

I also reached out to Andrew on Twitter, and he confirmed my order. I felt the same way you do.

10. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

At this point, more people are getting all of them rather than just the Super Deluxe Edition by itself!

NudieSuitNezHead likes this.
  11. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

$75 Open edition. For me, there is not enough to justify the added expense of the other editions.

Shawn, Brian Mc, spsimmons and 2 others like this.
  12. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

I totally respect that. I am thrilled that we actually have options of multiple versions!

Shawn likes this.
  13. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Super Deluxe for me!!! I also got the email the other day verifying my purchase. So... yay!!!! Can hardly wait to dive in. Ron

NudieSuitNezHead, D-rock and Brian Mc like this.
  14. RC1

RC1 Forum Resident

None of the above

Lovecraft likes this.
  15. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

Got my e mail !

16. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

$75.00 version for me as well...

I probably could swing the deluxe edition if I really needed to, but I'd rather have the open edition and know I'll have money to buy the "Dolenz sings Nesmith" CD, (as well as a couple other titles I need to buy)...

Brian Mc and D-rock like this.
  17. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member Thread Starter

Final weekend to reserve your copies. Hopefully everyone's got theirs

18. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

I'm going with the most basic version. It's pretty pricey as it is (largely the result, I'm sure, of a limited print run which doesn't allow for spreading out the cost). For me, the extras in the other editions aren't worth the extra $100-$150. Best to leave those for other fans who really want them.

Brian Mc, D-rock, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  19. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

I actually don't think it is a lot. It's self-published, and pretty big. And at $75 he'll still be lucky to cover his printing costs. That means the endless hours of research and writing are basically for free, which it shouldn't be.

20. bmanley63

bmanley63 Forum Resident

Super Deluxe and the basic... absolutely worth it and can’t wait to do a deep dive into all the new documentation.

21. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

They're only printing enough to accommodate the pre-orders. The pricier versions are "limited" because they have already decided on a maximum number of copies. The cheapest version doesn't have a ceiling, but they will only print enough to fill the orders. There won't be extra copies going to bookstores. So don't sit out the pre-order period on the assumption that it'll show up cheaper at Barnes & Noble in six months.

22. Michael

Is there a definite amount of the Super Deluxe Edition that will be printed?

23. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

As many as are ordered plus a few more on case of damaged copies. If there are any left over, he said he will sell them to whomever is on the wait list. Bottom line, of you want one, you better reserve one by Monday noon eastern.

24. Michael

but that's not fair to those who buy the SDE as there is no way of knowing the amount printed in total before laying ones money down...even Genesis Pub Ltd of the UK has a stated amount printed for sale...it's not a limited edition without a number behind the LIMITED EDITION...do you understand where I am coming from?....when I buy a limited edition I want to know how many have been made for sale...2,000, 2,500, 10,000, 5,000...1?

25. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

I am not affiliated or employed by Andrew Sandoval. In fact, I have met him only once , very briefly. I am only relaying what I have read and or heard from his interviews. I can say that his reasoning is not to overprint and have to pay to store phone book sized books. And he wants to make sure that everyone that wants a copy gets one. I am sure you will be able to find out how many of each of the Super Deluxe and Deluxe copies are printed shortly after the deadline. He is very accessable on Twitter and Facebook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.