Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I know that it applies to some - New Order's "Power Corruption and Lies" is one title that I know is part of the sale and that is a CD/Vinyl/DVD combo. Which albums by The Doors and The Replacements are you looking at? I can find out on Tuesday when I'm back in work.

superstar19 likes this.
  2. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Good opportunity to get the 1969-1974 Fleetwood Mac box set if your store still has some copies.
    I have been hitting all my BNs...it looks like vinyl is on the way out.

3. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

It’s 30% off at the moment if you buy it online:
    Fleetwood Mac: 1969-1974

4. davers

davers Forum Resident

Thanks for the offer but The Doors and 'Mats were just mentioned as examples. New Order would've been my first choice if I hadn't already purchased it elsewhere...nice set!

I was happy to pick up the White Album super deluxe and Tangerine Dream Purple Twilight boxes during the last 30% sale.

Jspmike likes this.
  5. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

How will the 30% cd sale work? I'm assuming the discount is off the highest price and that $4.99 titles are discounted from the the white barcoded tag and not the green $4.99 tag. Also is it instore only or online as well?

Jspmike likes this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I'm not sure if it will be online as well as in store. The 30% off price comes off the "list" price so it would come off the higher price rather than the $4.99 price. Took me a while to get used to that.

Shawn and superstar19 like this.
  8. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

Thanks for the info on this and all of the other B&N sales!

Shawn and Jspmike like this.
  9. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Here are some boxed sets that are currently on sale online (and I'd guess in store, too):

30% Off Music Boxed Sets

PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  10. Vinyljunkie22

Vinyljunkie22 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Barnes and Noble has really delivered this month, I scored OOP copies of the Criterion Collections Rosemary's Baby and La Dolce Vita, and found the last remaining pressing in the country of Blue and Sweet Baby James. Spent a couple hours on the phone calling places and made a couple trips to the store but it was worth it. You've made them a tone of business!

Shawn, davers, Jspmike and 2 others like this.
  11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Nice to hear that I'm helping work out but GREAT to hear that you got those movies!!! That's made my day!!!

Vinyljunkie22 likes this.
  12. davers

davers Forum Resident

B&N certainly does offer nice sales. I'd intended to drop my membership in 2020 but missed the cancellation deadline. That turned out to be a good thing as it's easily paid for itself via savings on recent CD box sets, among other things I've picked up in recent months.

I do feel fortunate that my local still has a dedicated music and movie room, even though the in-store vinyl section is a bit scaled back this year.

Jspmike, Vinyljunkie22 and Davidmk5 like this.
  13. Vinyljunkie22

They're really struggling against Amazon. I thought they would have gone bankrupt a couple years ago but somehow they've managed to hold on. Even though you are paying a little more I think it's about the experience. I really hate Amazon and would much rather go grab a coffee, do some browsing and buy a couple records and books in store. Hopefully they can hang in there and figure out how to stay profitable.

Davidmk5, Shawn, hutlock and 3 others like this.
  14. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Everything we are hearing from the new owners indicates that Barnes & Noble are doing okay so fingers crossed they will be around for a long time.

There are quite a few vinyl titles that have been really difficult to get a hold of this year which is probably why the in-store section is looking a bit on the thin side. On every shift I work I am checking inventory in the warehouses on certain titles and "jump" on them if they are listed before they are gone. It's the only way we've been able to keep titles in stock at the store I work at.

15. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Same. As far as being Big Corporations, I’m sure B&N really aren’t that different but yeah, Amazon is for sure a bit of a different animal, and one I’m not keen to support if I don’t have to. It IS about having a physical store for me, and an experience of browsing, having coffee, etc. Hoping they manage to hang in there as long as possible.

16. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Me too! That's why I also support brick & mortar stores like uDiscover and Deep Discount! :righton:

17. davers

davers Forum Resident

I thought those were on-line only...?

hutlock likes this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Laughed at...

hutlock likes this.
  19. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

TOUCHE!

20. davers

davers Forum Resident

I thought there might be a joke in there somewhere...the internet subtlety missed me!:)

hutlock likes this.
  21. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Perhaps I haven't been paying much attention, but is the members' 10% discount now valid in store only? I ordered a book for a family member and didn't get the discount, though I did receive members' free shipping. In poking around the site a bit more it only referenced in store. Is this new?

22. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

No, the 10% off has always been in store only to the best of my recollection.

Jspmike likes this.
  23. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I used to always get the 10% discount when ordering online, you just have to make sure your membership number is on file. Maybe things are different now, it’s been a few years since I’ve ordered anything.

24. Vinyljunkie22

There was code red alert on Reddit that they were going OOP and everyone was driving two hours to their closest store,
    The Barnes and Noble Exclusive Vinyl was a really good idea. Unfortunately every single retailer is doing it now...Target, Wal-Mart,
    With the membership you get 10% Off in store, and Free Shipping Online.

Jspmike likes this.
  25. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

This is the change I’d referenced earlier. It wasn’t too long ago that the 10% applied on line as well. This may be the tipping point for me to terminate my membership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.