Vinyl Deals at Fry's / Frys.com

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by GentleSenator, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Ringo Starr LP Bad Boy $7.99 wasn't shipped. (which was interesting, because then my total was less than $40, which I think was the free shipping minimum, but I still got free shipping)

2. Tjazz

So I checked their site again... Ringo Starr is available, $7.99, so I add it to the cart. But I only find one other LP, David Bowie Next Day, $8.39 that I want. To get free shipping, I need to top $40, so I order 4 David Bowie LPs. Anyway, they call again, and this time, no David Bowie, but they have Ringo Starr. OK. They say free shipping too. :righton:
    Ringo Starr
    Fry's Electronics |
    David Bowie
    Fry's Electronics |

Course, now I have to worry, if it will be packed properly. :rolleyes::sigh:

hutlock and GentleSenator like this.
  3. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Fry's used to stock some higher end electronics and sound equipment in addition to CDs, DVDs and books. In recent years, I've noticed they tend to stock more gift-related items supplemented with other merchandise closer to what you'd find in a dollar store. Hopefully Fry's can weather the storm and rise above any challenges they may currently be facing.

4. Tjazz

Ringo Starr $7.99 Bad Boy LP arrived. Amazing packing! An extra large box, about 2' x 2' x 1'. Filled with bubble wrap for just a single LP. Ringo is a gatefold blue vinyl too. :winkgrin: :goodie: (Barnes & Nobles was selling it for 50% off @ $16 during their sale)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  5. Tjazz

Some of the LPs are $4.99.
    Ordered Keith Urban : 2-LP Grafiti U $4.99 and Brantley Gilbert 2LP Halfway to Heaven $4.99 plus a bunch of Bowie to fill out the order to over $40 (free shipping). Anyway, once again, phone call saying 'no Bowie.' This time the LPs arrived in a large plastic bubble wrap envelop. Not the greatest packing. The country LPs weren't damaged, but it scares you too see the LPs mailed this way.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

GentleSenator likes this.
  6. Tjazz

Packaging hasn't been great. Got another order in plastic bubble wrap envelope.

Bowies are delivered this time, but they are these square white 45rpm singles. Not the LP as listed on site. The Jason Isbell looked like it had been taped closed and was missing the 'download card.' Also, I ordered 4 Bowies to fill out the order to over $40 to get free shipping again. 3 Bowie singles are in the plastic outer sleeve and 1 Bowie enclosed is just the white plastic square without a cover.

So I had to call FRYS to ask for returns. Customer service passed me to the manager and they refunded the Jason Isbell and all 4 Bowie discs. Said I could keep them!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I picked out 5 good titles ($40.85), got to checkout and noticed Local Delivery Unavailable. Went back to the listing pages and saw, sure enuf, under each of the titles that local delivery was unavailable and local stores in my Zip area were out of stock. Looks like $40 and free delivery is not an option, or any delivery

8. Tjazz

It's very difficult to navigate their ordering system. All of your selections must be available from the same store. After you select titles, during checkout, click "check other stores" in one of the Free Store Pickup boxes. Then look at the bottom and go to the table SHOWING STORES WITHIN "6.2 pc (All locations)"

(I guess you could just add every LP to checkout, then see what's available at each store)

From there you can see each store and what's available. If you can find enough selections in a specific store, then you can order and get free shipping. You need to remove titles from your checkout that are not part of that store.

Since shipping is about $8 or more, without buying over $40, the clearance titles are only worth it if you can buy over $40.

Good luck

GentleSenator and DLD like this.
  9. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Not a single one of my 5 were available in the Dallas area stores o_O

10. Jesse O Taylor

Jesse O Taylor Forum Resident

Just navigated over to Fry's website to see if they had any deals, and was greeted with this message:

After nearly 36 years in business as the one-stop-shop and online resource for high-tech professionals across nine states and 31 stores, Fry’s Electronics, Inc. (“Fry’s” or “Company”), has made the difficult decision to shut down its operations and close its business permanently as a result of changes in the retail industry and the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Company will implement the shut down through an orderly wind down process that it believes will be in the best interests of the Company, its creditors, and other stakeholders.

It looks like the shutdown began a month ago, and all of the locations in my metro area are closed now.

If you still have any locations open nearby, you might want to cruise by for some closeout deals. Not sure if they're all shut down at this point, but I figured someone on this board might get lucky with closeout prices.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

They are all shut down. All merchandise in stores is now owned by creditors, and most merchandise was on consignment and was shipped back.

There will never be another Fry's hot deal.

GentleSenator and Mister Charlie like this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

yeah and the ones near me practically looked like they were closing for the past 1-2yrs, ghost towns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.