Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

2. aoxomoxoa

Had this. It's kinda a stinker

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

looks like $37 is the floor for that lou reed set, so of course i'm in now. no idea what i'll do with the non-vinyl but oh well!

latheofheaven and aoxomoxoa like this.
  4. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

And I have no idea what I’ll do with the vinyl.

Probably play it once and store it :D

5. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

You guys should have gotten together before hand!

SJP, nedison, latheofheaven and 4 others like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

There's lots of goodies on the silver discs.
    This is one said I was debating getting at $80. But I'm glad I didn't now.
    I learned now just to wait about a year on sets like these. They usually go down about a half price

7. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

8. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

It s**ks that Amazon has forgotten how to ship records. I’m on my second copy of this and both were shipped in a paper thin plastic bag. Bent corners on both. I was really looking forward to an undamaged copy. Is anyone else getting their records shipped like this?

10. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

A few times, yes.

Dignan2000 and black sheriff like this.
  11. Comicsanstombstone

Comicsanstombstone Forum Resident

Yep, exactly what happened to me the first time: plastic bag, dinged corners. I complained to customer service and the replacement shipped in a card record mailer (there was still a seam split at the top, though).

latheofheaven and black sheriff like this.
  12. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yes, I recently ordered a new album and it only came in what looked like a plastic shopping bag. But, when I opened it there amazingly wasn't any damage. Apparently this has been happening a lot lately!

bru87tr likes this.
  13. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

My copy of “Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Outtakes” came like that. I was shocked. Somehow no damage. But completely unacceptable.

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Lately (as in, for months now) my LP orders from Amazon have always come in a sturdy cardboard sleeve (the kind with the perforated pull-tab along one edge, that snugly holds the LP), put into a larger cardboard box, surrounded by those large air pockets they like to use.

I wonder if they have certain warehouses and/or certain stock that doesn't use those snug cardboard sleeves. I also (optimistically) wonder if they're trying to consistently phase in having all vinyl LPs shipped out in those sturdy cardboard sleeves.

15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Usually i get them like that in the sturdy sleeves in a box , got one last week just 2 lps tossed in a big box , Lp corners were all bent , covers were a mess , sent them back , replacements , same thing but the 2nd one's made it safe ....

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

:realmad: Wish they were more consistent!

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

One of my daughters has a pretty robust Taylor Swift vinyl collection. She ordered this in a heartbeat when I told her about it. Thanks for sharing the deal!

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  18. hutlock

Yep mine usually come like this.

19. hutlock

Um. I also ordered this in a heartbeat. Lol.

latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

21. Mr.Mustache

Mr.Mustache Forum Resident

Just got a lp from Amazon delivered in a plastic bag. My wife handed it to me and said "I think it's a record." I had a minor freak out expecting a damaged jacket or worse. However thank God everything was ok. This was just a bag, not even any bubble wrap. What the hell is going on with the shipping department?

Davidmk5, Tedw9, parkmebike and 4 others like this.
  22. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I think Amazon started doing this about the same time they started doing their own deliveries in Amazon trucks instead of shipping through the mail or UPS. Maybe they figure if their people are hand delivering these packages, they can get away with flimsier containers?

Or maybe this is a temporary thing due to a shortage of cardboard due to the pandemic. I have not heard of any such shortage, but nothing would surprise me. We've already had a money shortage and an aluminum shortage due to lockdowns, so anything is possible.

groovelocked and latheofheaven like this.
  23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

So glad I sold mine right after RSD when it came out for $100.

I also have a sealed '70s original. Did not sell that.

24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I think the best option for those of us receiving records in a plastic bag is to check the "This item is a gift" box at checkout. We used to do that around here a few years ago to "almost" guarantee that the record would at least be shipped in a box. It will be an oversized box with air pillows, but at least the record stands a little better chance of arriving not damaged. I just did this with the 4xLP Killing Joke - The Singles Collection 1979-2012. I didn't want to take any chances after the last few records that I ordered arriving in plastic bags. The KJ set arrived today in an oversized box with air pillows, and it was also secured in a LP mailer.

25. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yeah, but a VINYL shortage would be catastrophic!!! :yikes:

aoxomoxoa, black sheriff and JasonA like this.