uDiscover Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by I Have Been Floated, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

This place is certainly getting Frustrating , Pre-ordered Paul stanley's new album 2 months ago , it was released last Friday , all stores have it & yet they still have not shipped mine ............... Lame when the Actual; label can't get it together for customers .

And now THIS

""
    Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out regarding your order #UXXXXX containing the Sarah Vaughan (Verve Acoustic Sounds Series) LP.

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to fulfill the Sarah Vaughan (Verve Acoustic Sounds Series) LP in your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

A refund has been issued. Please allow 7-10 business days for this transaction to process."""

2. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I ordered an in-stock LP along with a pre-order for an April release. They will ship them together when the pre-order is available, but they've already charged my card for the full amount. Is this normal for them?

3. Lecords

Lecords Forum Resident

Oh no! I got the same message today about Clifford Brown/Max Roach, which I preordered and paid for back in November. They have been sitting on it so that it could ship together with the Sarah Vaughan, which of course hasn't shipped yet. Just ridiculous. I haven't gotten a message about the Vaughan being out of stock, so fingers crossed there. But in the meantime I'm thinking of just ordering both through the Acoustic Sounds site.

Ray29 and Davidmk5 like this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep. They charge at the time of ordering.

superstar19 and Buggyhair like this.
  5. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

That's Exactly where i went to order , I got a message about the Sarah that it was sold out maybe late january ? But they would get more < not sure that's , just happy i could still get one .

Lecords likes this.
  6. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Have you ever had to return an lp to Sound of Vinyl? If so, how did that go?

I received my order today, including two Gregory Isaacs titles on Tad's Records, which I believe is affiliated with VP (not sure about that). They are unbelievably crappy pressings- significant nonfill, pressed off-center, scratches and scuffs. Just really junky.

That being said, they do play without skipping and the masterings seem OK (nothing to compare to though). I wonder how SOV is to deal with regarding returns/replacements, and whether different copies of these titles would be any better..

7. hype

hype Forum Resident

I've done one return and one exchange. Both were fairly straight forward and easy, they send a pre-paid label and refund/exchange when they receive the item. I just emailed them so I didn't have to deal with CS over the phone.

For awhile they were just giving straight refunds no matter what while you kept the item during prime Covid times but i'm sure they're back to accepting again now since things are getting a little less crazy lately.

riverrat and GentleSenator like this.
  8. slopduck

slopduck Forum Resident

Tad's is its own label. VP probably do some distribution for them, as they do for most Jamaican labels at this point, but I don't think the relationship extends beyond that.

riverrat likes this.
  9. Patanoia

Patanoia Third Ear Centre

I'm curious if anyone has ordered one of the $20 Mystery Vinyl titles at uDiscover? Seems like a terrible idea.

10. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

For us, probably good for them!

11. hutlock

At one point they literally had LPs on the site that they would give you for free. You just paid shipping but if you got free shipping, they were entirely nothing. Justin Bieber, leftover Xmas crap, Sting I think... I’m thinking they have figured they might as well at least try to get $20 out of people now but it is likely the same type of unwanted junk.

GentleSenator, Patanoia and captouch like this.
  12. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

Pretty harsh on Sting there :D

hutlock and Briskit like this.
  13. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

Just ordered Mono Masters by the Beatles.
    Used all my loyalty points.
    Total including free shipping to Austrlalia = $4
    :wiggle:

Davidmk5, DLD, hutlock and 2 others like this.
  14. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

I'm still about negative 2,000 on discover points. I had a HUGE order last year that gave me about 10,000 points (don't ask), then I used all those points to buy more awesome stuff basically for free, then I canceled my HUGE order a few days later.

Totally unintentional, but it ended up looking like a scam of sorts. I was afraid they would unwind and recharge me for the discounts but they never did. Kind of a sloppy operation if you ask me.

15. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I got that Sting! Not his best (Mercury Falling), but not bad.

They just jack up shipping on those free titles though ($10 or so), must be some accounting trick. But since they normally have free shipping, it’s like buying a title for $10.

They occasionally have some nice free titles though - they had a Nick Drake which was a mini-box set - just one album in a thicker than needed to be lift top box that had some extra paper stuff most people wouldn’t really care about. Probably why it didn’t sell great and had to be on clearance. But for $10, it was great! :shtiphat:

DLD and hutlock like this.
  16. Chase21

Chase21 New Member

I certainly don't know. I have tried neither headphone because I prefer over-ear style headphones. I think I must have small openings to my ear canals because I never have been successful in keeping any earbud-style earpiece comfortably in my ear. I am nervous also about the ones with small rubber attachments. Having worked for a company that calibrated audiology and hearing aid equipment I know how many extractions of these things are performed every year and prefer not to have to insert a small foreign object into my ear that is easily detached and can remain lodged there. Also, i simply feel that over-ear headphones sound more natural due to the fact that insert-style headphones bypass the outer ear. The pinna is the only visible part of the ear and the first part of the ear that reacts with sound. The function of the pinna is to act as a kind of funnel that assists in directing the sound further into the ear. It also has resonant qualities and I find it more pleasing for extended listening. Inserts make me experience hearing fatigue much more quickly.

Sorry, that doesn't answer your question at all. I have heard that Beats by Dre merchandise is a bit cheaply manufactured, secondhand but sources I would say I trust. I had not heard of Raycon (pardon the puns) but they appear to have a decent approval rating at a glance and the product looks really nice, similar in spec, I probably would opt for the latter.

View offer: Raycon Coupons - April 2021 - 99 Coupons

17. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yup, got that one, it was just rattlin' around in the box, lol. But for $10? Deal

18. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Thank GOD I was able to convince them to "split ship" and send the available items and NOT wait on the delayed pre-orders as I just received this email...I can't for the life of me understand a delay of nearly a YEAR for this 1 piece of vinyl from the complete series of Jamaican pressings.

This order was placednin November 2020 btw...

"Thank you for purchasing from uDiscover Music!

We are reaching out to you in regards to your order #UDISCXXXXX containing Uprising (Jamaica Pressing) LP.

The release date for this album has been moved. Orders containing this item are now expected to ship in September 2021."

19. hutlock

It seems totally obvious to me—it’s because they are being pressed in Jamaica. The regular pressings took no time at all but it’s pretty clear that the plant in Jamaica is completely unprepared to press these records. It isn’t like there is some big line of other labels waiting in line to use the pressing plants down there.

But yeah, I’m waiting it out because I want the alternate “Jamaica” mix of the first album and that’s the only place they are pressing it on vinyl. So I’m left with no choice I suppose.

Ridiculous though. If it were any other album in the series, I would have cancelled it months ago.

GentleSenator likes this.
  20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Where do we get a coupon code?

21. hutlock

Try COMEBACK.

Or Google.

22. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

:)

hutlock likes this.
  23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

How does this points thing work? I find it confusing

24. hutlock

It’s just like the old stamps from the grocery store. Only more crypto.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Good idea! Requested, and just got confirmation, from them that they are going to split ship my Survival half speed while we wait for the Catch a Fire. Thanks.

hutlock likes this.