More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I was all ready to send in my $2, until I noticed that free poster offer is expired. Oh well. Saved me $2.

joy stinson, mrjinks, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  3. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Happy Birthday Phil!

4. Maranatha5585

FANTASTIC

longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  5. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

The throne room is starting to come together.

[​IMG]

Maybe some day it will be as great as your collections that some of you all have. You guys rock.

6. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

@omikron You’ve been holding back on us. Super setup and collection!

7. nostromo53

nostromo53 Bon Vivant-At-Large

Inspired by @omikron post, I am also in the process of revamping my storage spaces. This is just over half of the CD collection; am expecting two more of the smaller cabinets in the next few days. I'm quite pleased with these cabinets, btw. Then, finally [hopefully] the storage crisis will be mitigated for a while.

[​IMG]

8. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

Very cool CD collection! Love the beautiful cabinets!

9. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

The Bootleg Series was launched 30 years ago tomorrow. The first edition was going to be 4 CDs but the track list was trimmed and three CDs were stuffed full of goodies. There were several samplers /promos available at the time and the 3 disc set has been re-released about a thousand times since.

Every edition that I own has not been signed by Bob himself..... :)

[​IMG]

10. Maranatha5585

11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Peter Frampton...covers David Bowie's

"Loving The Alien"
    ( instrumental )

[​IMG]

12. Percy Song

Excellent!

If I had every release which in some way related to the mighty King Crimson I'd need a house THIS big. :)

Horse, Zanthus! also has a connection to the Fabs, it being introduced by Mr. Kite for one night only at Pablo Fanque's Circus Royal at Town Meadows in Rochdale....

[​IMG]

omikron, Jonpd, oboogie and 1 other person like this.
  13. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

I picked up the cassette release a few years ago for about £2 from Oxfam. Not entirely sure why as I’ve lacked the ability to play cassettes since about 2001 but more Bob can never be a bad thing.

Percy Song, oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Paul McCartney Wings At The Speed Of Sound promotion 3D plastic display board issued by Pathe Marconi EMI 1976

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  15. Percy Song

How right you are! Here is one I found lodged behind a bookcase and draped in couple of cobwebs this weekend. Not exactly a collector's item, but a 20 year old promo nonetheless, and with a couple of live rarities (though not unique to this disc).

Bob Dylan: 2001 UK "The Voice of Every Generation" 6-track promo CD in card sleeve (in association with HMV and The Daily Torygraph). Produced in a run of 30,000 (so not limited, really) to celebrate Bob's 60th birthday. I can just about remember being that young.... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Was getting all my McCartney CDs in correct order the other day.

Here they are (Archive sets not included):

[​IMG]

17. oboogie

oboogie Forum Resident

@omikron Impressive collection!

18. Maranatha5585

Robert Fripp ~ "Music For Quiet Moments # 48"

omikron, Percy Song, Jonpd and 2 others like this.
  19. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]
    (Front view)
    a vintage and very rare Promotional
    T-shirt for George Harrison's album Thirty-Three & 1/3 from 1976, crew style tee with printed logo for Dark Horse on top of Left sleeve. Size Large.

(Dark Horse Logo - left shoulder sleeve)
    [​IMG]

(Back view)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  20. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ "Tomorrow Never Knows"
    U.S. EMI Records- I Tunes .. Very RARE! Super exclusive ltd edition promotional LP. Exclusive I TUNES promo July, 2012. Special die-cut LP cover, made to appear worn. I Tunes download number has expired. Said to have been less than 1000 made.
    They got it right, what a fine selection! Rare! :righton:
    c., 2012.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

omikron, Jonpd, Percy Song and 3 others like this.
  21. Maranatha5585

PROG ITALIA ~ King Crimson..

[​IMG]

omikron, Jonpd, Percy Song and 4 others like this.
  22. Maranatha5585

Very nice CD! :righton:

Percy Song, longdist01 and oboogie like this.
  23. Maranatha5585

Tom Wilson ~ Record Producer
    Tom Wilson, prolific record producer for major musical acts, would have been 90 years old this week. Wilson was best known for his work in the 1960s with Bob Dylan, the Mothers of Invention, Simon and Garfunkel, the Velvet Underground, Cecil Taylor, Sun Ra, Eddie Harris, Nico, Eric Burdon & the Animals, the Blues Project, the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem.

As a staff producer at Columbia Records, Wilson was one of the “midwives” of folk-rock, producing three of Bob Dylan's key 1960s albums: ''The Times They Are a-Changin''', ''Another Side of Bob Dylan'' and ''Bringing It All Back Home'', along with the 1965 single, "Like a Rolling Stone."

Wilson also produced the final four tracks Dylan recorded for ''The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan'', after he replaced John Hammond as Dylan's producer in 1963.

Wilson produced Simon & Garfunkel's 1964 debut album, Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M., which included "The Sounds of Silence. Seizing on local radio interest in the song in Florida and inspired by the huge success of The Byrds' folk-rock version of Dylan's "Mr Tambourine Man," Wilson took the duo's original acoustic track and, without Simon or Garfunkel's knowledge, overdubbed electric instruments, turning the track into a #1 pop hit, helping to launch the folk-rock genre. Simon and Garfunkel, who had already split, re-united after the hit and went on to greater success.

After working with Wilson, both Dylan and Simon & Garfunkel worked with another Columbia staff producer, Bob Johnston, who produced several albums for both acts.

Thanks Beacham Press .

Happy Birthday Tom Wilson !

[​IMG]

24. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

I have a huge Beatles and solo Beatles collection, books, mags, posters, news articles, some memorabilia and probably thousands of real photos fan made/celebrity stills..My collection is mainly sixties and seventies stuff...but you folks here...completely slay with your collections. I’ll now quietly and politely show myself off the thread and out of the room, lol.

25. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

I just saw a SHF photo of a ticket stub of the badfinger concert I saw in Birmingham, AL early seventies and king crimson opened for them...Also, I too saw wings in Atlanta..the 5/19 /76 show I think? As there were two shows I think...Your Beatles and solo Beatles ephemera ..completely slays...it’s a pity you didn’t give that Broad street store display to me rather than to someone else....my loss...the movie and the man was cute,,,lol. WOMENSZ..

Maranatha5585 and Percy Song like this.