Zavvi: Best of Jazz Starter Kit - All Time Classics Albums – Set of 10 Mystery Vinyl LP

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by atlantasteven, Aug 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coltrane811

Coltrane811 Forum Resident

Mine were the same De Agostini that Europe got. No Waxtime or anything.

imarcq and captouch like this.
  2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Zavvi appear to have learned some sort of lesson. My order of the 27/11 has just arrived.

I had ordered two bundles. This time, they came in a large stiff cardboard box, with the two bundles separately wrapped in dedicated cardboard sealed envelopes, further protected by bubble cushions.

None are damaged, all perfect and all sealed. Two bundles are the same, usual suspects except for “Sketches of Spain”.

Diapason likes this.
  3. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Wow, that's the first time I've heard of anyone getting Sketches of Spain. I didn't even know that was one of the series. Nice!

Diapason and hutlock like this.
  4. culabula

culabula Unread author.

It was indeed and so therefore I have it. And now, another two copies. But, they will go to good homes.

5. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I ordered yesterday and it was shipped already with ETA of Thursday. I guess these are shipping from the UK for only $4.99 and arriving in less than a week - that’s pretty great.

Based on what I’ve read, I’m most likely to get (with half or most unsealed):
    Getz/Gilberto
    Ella and Louis
    Go/Dexter Gordon
    Out to lunch/Eric Dolphy
    Monkey jungle/Ellington-Mingus-Roach
    Miles Davis/sketches of spain

Which would be fine, as I only have 1 on vinyl. For $7.50 or so each, that’s a pretty good deal.

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

All mine, delivered this morning (12 LPs ) were sealed.

captouch likes this.
  7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

hutlock and Patanoia like this.
  8. talkingh

talkingh Vibes Controller

Diapason likes this.
  9. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Course you do.

10. talkingh

talkingh Vibes Controller

haha....maybe then

11. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Haha they just cannot decide what to charge for these can they? :laugh:

minibreakfast likes this.
  12. Petter Premberg

Petter Premberg Forum Resident

I think the most interesting thing to see here is which one they'll cut out, the last pack all had the same 6 records: Somethin' Else, Getz Gilberto, Money Jungle, Go, Out to Lunch, Ah Um. Now they only have 5!

13. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Last pack of 6 was significantly cheaper. This will be a subset of that, apparently (same titles).

I bought a couple of the 6-lot and they were identical--not to mention > 50% unsealed. Fooled me once. Won't get fooled again. No no. Won't get fooled again.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  14. AnnoyedRob228

AnnoyedRob228 Forum Resident

15. michielster

michielster Well-Known Member

Got the 6-pack a couple of months ago, but ordered this again. Hope to get at least a couple of different ones and if not, they'll make great gifts or I'll sell them.
    Also wondering: there are many other LPs in this series, so I'm wondering if there's a chance for some others to appear!

16. Capstone23

Capstone23 Active Member

Didn't think I'd go for another round but hey, I too am hopeful. There are a few in those promo images of theirs that I didn't receive before.

17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I don’t know why you would think that since they explicitly express the opposite.

18. michielster

Not really? They state you're likely to receive duplicates. That doesn't mean all of them will be duplicates, or some new ones cannot be added to the mix. There were some odd appearances last time around too I think, like 'Sketches of spain' and either 'Somethin else' or 'Time out'. So we'll see...

19. culabula

culabula Unread author.

They say if you’ve previously bought their ten or six bundles, then you’re likely to receive the same ones. ‘Somethin’ Else’ is illustrated in the bundle.

If something like “Sketches of Spain” turns up, grand, but you’re paying 25 quid for it, if you have all the others. eBay beckons, but unfortunately it’s currently flooded with them for that very reason.

20. michielster

Yes, I'll certainly receive some duplicates, just hoping for a couple I didn't get yet and maybe a surprise or 2. I'll let you know when I get them.

21. minibreakfast

minibreakfast Forum Resident

I bought the 10 for £29.99, then the 6 for £19.99. The 6 were all duplicates, i.e. the core six I mentioned earlier that everyone seemed to get. It's those that were pressed in much greater numbers, and as has been mentioned here before, the later series titles have already been shipped off to Europe for use elsewhere.

22. Daniel Gallagher

Daniel Gallagher Member

My 5-pack bundle arrived yesterday. Much better packaging than the last ones - zavvi may have learnt something! Hermes still seem to have given it a good kick around though, can't everything arriving in one piece!

23. Diapason

Diapason Forum Resident

Selection as expected?

24. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

I'm not who you asked but mine arrived with two copies of Out To Lunch. I sent zavvi a msg because the listing specifically said that the five packs wouldn't include duplicates. We'll see what comes of it

Diapason likes this.
  25. tinyplace

tinyplace Well-Known Member

Precisely the same situation here, with the same record duplicated....

For the record, 2 Out To Lunches, a Getz/Gilberto, a Money Jungle, a Sketches Of Spain

Diapason likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.