Forgotten Sequels

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jason88cubs, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I definitely got the impression that he enjoyed that part of the discussion, probably at least partly because he could tell what I fan I was.

Here's the whole interview if anyone's interested:

Interview: Director Harold Ramis

Scooterpiety and yesstiles like this.
  2. 905

905 Senior Member

Miss Congeniality 2

3. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Staying Alive (1983)

[​IMG]

The mostly forgotten sequel to Saturday Night Fever. I haven’t seen it in a very long time, but with a 0% score on RT, I'd say it's best not remembered.

905 and yesstiles like this.
  4. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

I tried very hard to forget the sequels to The Maxtix.

5. tonyballz

tonyballz Roogalator

Meatballs 4 (1992) stars Corey Feldman and Jack Nance, who was in Eraserhead, Twin Peaks, and several other David Lynch projects until his death in 1996. There's a tragic and incredibly sad story involving Nance and his ex-wife that occurred during the filming of this movie, detailed in the 2002 documentary I Don't Know Jack and in this article. Sorry if I bummed anyone out.

Erased - Jack Nance

JediJones likes this.
  6. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

Meatballs 2 and 4 were filmed as original movies, unrelated to the original Meatballs. The Meatballs name was slapped on them, post-production, to help with the marketing. III, on the other hand, was conceived as a true sequel (pretty obviously, as Rudy from the first film returns, played by a different actor).

Have to admit, eleven-year old me loved Meatballs 2, for the juvenile, stupid humor ("Me, Ted!" "Meathead!"). I haven't seen 2 since then. 3 is pretty bad, from what I remember. I haven't seen 4.

Similar story - Hello, Mary Lou: Prom Night 2 was shot as an original horror film, albeit made by the same production company responsible for Prom Night. MGM agreed to distribute the film on the condition that it be re-titled as a Prom Night sequel. This one is an unusual exception to the usual rule - not only is Prom Night 2 a pretty great horror movie, it's much better than Prom Night. The third Prom Night is a true sequel (to Part 2), but Part 4 is another stand-alone film unrelated to the first three.

7. Freeway 2, pretty bad sequel to the movie Freeway which had Reece Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland

Freeway (1996) - IMDb

Freeway 2 trailer:

8. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Both good movies imo.

Graham, BrentB and apesfan like this.
  9. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Haha I saw that on opening night with my partents in downtown Palm Springs when I was 12. I didn't know what "Saturday Night Fever" even was. I remember thinking the costumes were really ugly.

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

The Maze Runner 3: Hey, Let's Run Some More...

Final Destination 5: Because Apparently, 1-Through-4 Weren't All That Final After All

2010: The Year Nobody Thinks This Was Necessary

11. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

I’ve never understood the dislike for “More American Graffiti”...I think it’s superb.

SmallDarkCloud likes this.
  12. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I only remember The Odd Couple II because I have a Jack Lemon and Walter Matthau signed poster of it hanging in my basement.

13. bostonscoots

bostonscoots Forum Resident

I don't know an damn thing about the making of The Sting II - other than being an obvious idea - but how did the studio give it a green light without Newman and Redford? And much as I respect Jackie Gleason...he was no Paul Newman.

14. skinnyev

skinnyev Forum Resident

Tremors was a great movie and it seems to have spawned a whole franchise of forgotten sequels.

15. TheNightfly1982

TheNightfly1982 Forum Resident

The Arrival 2, a god awful sequel to the above average 1996 sci-fi thriller starring Charlie Sheen.

16. jason88cubs

jason88cubs Forum Resident Thread Starter

i like the 2nd and 3rd one. I think they just did #6?

nope 7

skinnyev likes this.
  17. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

But Newman & Redford combined on a scale,maybe throw in Robert Shaw for extra insurance,to tilt the scale a few pounds.

18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

19. ggg71

ggg71 Forum Resident

yesstiles and Oatsdad like this.
  20. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Thanks! I only ever did a handful of interviews, but that one was special to me because I adore "SCTV" so much! :)

JediJones likes this.
  21. jimac51

jimac51 A mythical beast.

With him,without him, the absence of The Gropenator any day makes the world a better place.

fr in sc likes this.
  22. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

La Bamba 2

23. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Dirty Dancing2 - Havana Nights

Featuring none of the stars, none of the crew, none of the plot, none of the style, and none of the charm of the first film.

24. SmallDarkCloud

SmallDarkCloud Forum Resident

mmars982 likes this.
  25. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

ggergm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.