Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

The best looking footage from 1977 upgraded

2. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

That's right, I hope that the rest of footage that is circulating from this tour (Vienna, Munich, Cleveland, Anaheim, Montreal) gets the same re-transfer upgrade

ArpMoog and hiterss like this.
  3. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am sure you have heard this interview with James Guthrie...

https://dcs-legends-the-other-side-...nds-the-other-side-of-the-glass-james-guthrie

Where at around 32:20 minutes he mentions the 5.1 mix of The Wall that he is working on.

If you listen further at 33:30 he confirms that he has completed the 5.1 mix of Animals, at which point he confirmed a new stereo mix of Animals too.

The above link was first posted on the thread Pink Floyd - The Wall in 5.1.

It was mentioned back in October on that thread, however I had missed that it (the new stereo mix) had been revealed publicly by James, I don't think Roger had previously mentioned it in public.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    four sticks, BeatleJWOL, PDK and 24 others like this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Wow, never seen that before! Was this filmed by someone in the audience?
    Really wish there was an actual concert film from that tour...

5. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

I've read an interview with brian humphries from a french magazine back in June '77, where he says that they recorded the rehearsals and one performance in order to improve the show!

6. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Has anyone ever asked Brian Humphries if any work was done on an Animals quad? He did the WYWH quad IIRC...

boggs likes this.
  7. stillrockin

stillrockin Forum Resident

Still raining, still dreaming. Sorry different album.

8. ti-triodes

ti-triodes Senior Member

Going on 3 years and 3033 posts since this thread started and we’re probably less close to this happening since the 1st post.

paulisdead, wrat, mestreech and 10 others like this.
  9. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

That's theoretically impossible...but funny. :laugh:

mastaflatch, PDK, Frans T and 4 others like this.
  10. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Ahhh... more Floyd in surround .... one day ....

D-rock and Bonddm like this.
  11. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

paulisdead and mark winstanley like this.
  12. originalsnuffy

originalsnuffy Socially distant and unstuck in time

Did I see five people on stage? Who was the fifth?

13. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Snowy White on guitar and/or bass and Dick Parry behind Rick Wright on the keys.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  14. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Glaciers are moving quicker than Floyd on this, so disappointing that they just can't work things out.

DrZhivago, andrewskyDE, wrat and 10 others like this.
  15. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

ICTFY :D

16. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I may be dead at that point!

D-rock and mark winstanley like this.
  17. originalsnuffy

There is really no such thing as dying...

mando_dan likes this.
  18. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Truly the stuff of heavens.

petercl, ArpMoog, Score17 and 2 others like this.
  19. Twinvirgos

Twinvirgos Well-Known Member

While scouring desperately for some updated info on Animals getting a 5.1 release I found an interview with James Guthrie on a German Pink Floyd website (hooray for Google Translate :thumbsup:) which was posted on October 4, 2020. Here's a snippet from the interview:

...Towards the end of the conversation he reveals that he has set up a new studio for Roger Waters , remixed Animals on stereo and 5.1 and is almost done with the surround mix of The Wall album.

Can you give us a sneak preview about any current projects that you can tell us about?

"James Guthrie:
    I nearly finished with the 5.1 surround mix of the original Wall Album. That has been really interesting as a full circle experience. The pandemic has delayed our progress to finishing it of course and other Floyd related projects took precedence from time to time, and we were building a studio for Roger Waters in New York (laughs). But the fact remains. I was 25 when I mixed The Wall, I was 56 when I began the process of 5.1 surround-mix and I didn't see that coming. Apart from that, I completed new stereo and 5.1 mixes of Animals and I worked on an album of my own music."

I'm certain that others have read or heard this interview but just in case Tongenie James Guthrie über seinen 5.1 Surround-Mix von Animals und The Wall | Pulse & Spirit
    It's in German but in Chrome Google Translate will automatically convert it to English. I think a link to the podcast is on this page too.

Like everyone else I'm chomping at the bit to have my favorite Floyd album released in 5.1.:waiting: So for the love of all things sacred, please release Animals in 5.1! At least before I die...:bone:

20. originalsnuffy

Hey, wouldn't it be great if the inevitable Animals box set included the one soundboard that is supposed to exist of the US 1977 tour?

By the way, given the times, I would really enjoy a Dolby Atmos treatment along with the 5.1.

Hollowsanctuary likes this.
  21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It would be great to have a Dolby Atmos mix of Animals. But I think getting the 5.1 mix released would be a good place to start. Has James Guthrie been involved with any Dolby Atmos mixes?

22. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

WOW !!!! This is it !!!!!! The PIG !!!!
    How many people dropped and barely made it out alive.

DementedAvenger likes this.
  23. melo85

melo85 Forum Resident

Is the 5.1 Animals out yet?

PJayBe likes this.
  24. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

I wish...

mcallister likes this.
  25. I wouldn't be surprised if the Release Date was announced tomorrow! ;)

However, bear in mind the date tomorrow!