1980s albums that have *never* been released on CD?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by katieinthecoconut, Dec 10, 2018.

1. samwisefan

samwisefan Forum Resident

Yes. I had it bookmarked on three different computers and every time I try to access it I get an error page. Nothing comes up when searching either. :(

moomoomoomoo, Curveboy and ispace like this.
  2. lambfan68

lambfan68 Forum Resident

Anyone know what happened?

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  3. samwisefan

I love this thread. Here's some more from my collection that I think haven't been mentioned...

New Musik's "Sanctuary"
    New Musik - Sanctuary

Slow Children's self-titled
    Slow Children (2) - Slow Children

Peter Godwin's "Correspondence"
    Peter Godwin - Correspondence
    I'd love a CD of his early stuff too, with "Images of Heaven" and the Midge Ure produced "Torch Songs for the Heroine"

The Innocents' self-titled
    The Innocents (4) - The Innocents
    This band had Thomas Newman in it, who went on to be a successful film composer.

"The Pirate Movie" soundtrack. One of my favorites as a kid...
    Various - The Pirate Movie - The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture

Elvira's "Vinyl Macabre" compilation. Who doesn't love Elvira?...
    Various - Elvira Presents Vinyl Macabre-Oldies But Ghoulies (Vol. 1)

Combo Audio's self-titled EP
    Combo Audio - Combo Audio
    Admittedly, only an EP. But it's fantastic. "Romanticide" is the best. I wish the band had done more.

kwadguy and wynnwikman like this.
  4. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

That's so weird and concerning about Scott and Rubellan. A general internet search shows a lot of links back to these Steve Hoffman Forums ... but as @samwisefan says, they come up with errors.

scott davies rubellan - Bing

ispace and samwisefan like this.
  5. samwisefan

Here's a few more I found in my collection that are not released on CD...

World Sitizenz's self-titled
    World Sitizenz - World Sitizenz

Blue Yonder's self-titled
    Blue Yonder - Blue Yonder

Dean Ray's "The Earth Stood Still"
    Dean Ray - The Earth Stood Still

Bang-Bang's "Life, Part II"
    Bang-Bang (2) - Life Part II

Style's "Visioner" (For those of you growing up in Southern California in the 80's and listening to KROQ, you'd recognize their song "Telephon")
    Style (4) - Visioner

"Just One of the Guys" soundtrack. This has an amazing Berlin song that isn't available elsewhere. Hopefully, Rubellan Remasters will include it if Scott is able to release "Count Three and Pray."
    Various - Just One Of The Guys (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

"The Karate Kid, Part II" soundtrack. This has a song by Mancrab, which is essentially Tears For Fears, but instead of Curt or Roland singing they used one of the dancers from their "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" video as their vocalist. (And TFF is my favorite band of all time.)
    Various - The Karate Kid Part II (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

I would have posted pictures of the album covers, but I'm still trying to figure out this website. LOL!

6. MichaelSmith

MichaelSmith Forum Resident

Why are the Rubellan Remasters threads gone?

7. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Unlike the first two albums from Tommy Tutone, their 3rd album entitled "National Emotion" still has not been given a proper official release. We need for a competent reissue label such as Cherry Red, Real Gone Music or Omnivore Recordings to issue this album on CD in addition to unreleased studio recordings, demos and live recordings from this output period.
    [​IMG]

'Sticks and Stones' from the "National Emotion" LP

VH3FAN, samwisefan, ispace and 2 others like this.
  8. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Actually, running this price through a quick inflation calculation tells us this cost about 22€ (about 26$ as of today, 13$ in 1990 cash). So yes, this was rather steep in price, considering this is an EP, if mind serves correctly. Things sure have changed :)

c-eling likes this.
  9. Pangolino

Pangolino Forum Resident

There are quite a few of these I can think of. Here are ten:

Kosmonautentraum "Juri Gagarin"
    Passepartout "Paradoxa", "Live" or "Tear of Rescue"
    Chorchazade "Made to be Devoured"
    Look Back in Anger "Caprice" (I guess this was more of a mini-LP, so might not count)
    In Excelsis "Prey"
    Minimal Man "Safari", "Sex with God", "Slave Lullabyes"
    Gaznevada "Psycopatico Party"
    Tom Pettings Hertzattacken s/t
    Minisex s/t
    Rosachrom "Ausserhalb des Kreises"

or, if soundtrack LPs count, I would like to add

Ennio Morricone "Scarlet and the Black"
    Francis Lai "Disparatamente Giulia" "Paris-New York" (though it's not a soundtrack)
    Nicola Piovani "La Trace", "Het Meisje met het Rode Haar" (both of which are great)
    Daniele Patucchi "Dimensione Violenza"
    Lalo Schifrin "La Pelle"
    Jurgen Knieper "Des Teufels Paradies", "Ediths Tagebuch", "Der Zauberberg"
    Pippo Caruso "Le Evase", "Tre Anni"
    Paolo Vasile "Il Giorno del Cobra" (this might actually sell)
    Guido & Maurizio de Angelis "Ruy o Pequeno Cid", "Jacky e Oso de Tellac", and there may be other cartoon soundtrack LPs from this time
    Armando Trovaioli "Due Fratelli: Brothers", "Arrivano i Bersaglieri"

(not to) mention things that seemed to be in print for a few seconds, like the two (great) Polyrock albums, the "Shroud of Minimal Man" album or the Francis Lai "Inedits" album (though I guess some of that has come out on compilations).

LeBon Bush likes this.
  10. Scott Davies

Scott Davies Forum Resident

Simply put, things got way off topic, I asked the admins to intervene, the threads came down. Not sure if it's temp or perm but if they are gone for good, I'm ok with it and it may even be for the best. I think they served the original purpose but followers can continue to get the occasional bit of news at my various social media presences, as I won't attempt to start a new similar thread here. I appreciate Hoffman and the others for allowing the threads to remain active as long as they were.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  11. Frip

Frip Forum Resident

12. samwisefan

OMG, this makes me so sad. I checked your thread daily (often multiple times a day) for the latest bit of news and behind-the-scenes stories about your label. I've always appreciated your candor and willingness to let us know what it's like to run a label. Not to mention the hints here and there about possible upcoming releases. I am going to miss it tremendously. :(

13. R79

R79 Forum Resident

Piledriver: The Wrestling Album 2. Hey, if you're a fan of Robbie Dupree, it's the only place to get his song "Girls in Cars".

14. sinistrail sentinel

sinistrail sentinel Forum Resident

Somebody, please! :pug::cop:
    [​IMG]

15. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

16. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

As a matter of fact, all of these bands' albums are MIA on CD, even here in austria. :shake:

17. trickness

trickness Gotta painful yellow headache

yeah, I have it. Vinyl rip, really thin sound.

18. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

It's a 47 minute album containing 8 songs. The CD was pricey in Ireland back in 1990 - think I paid close to £20. The vinyl was around £8 or even less.

LeBon Bush likes this.
  19. newelectricmuse

newelectricmuse charm, strangeness and quark

I would like this album to have a CD issue - I only have the original cassette..
    Host - Tryal (1984)
    Host contained three members of Horslips after that group broke up. It has some good stuff on it in Horslips mode. There's a non-album single that could be added as bonus tracks.
    Discogs: Host (9) - Tryal
    [​IMG]

20. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

21. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Aah, okay - I must have thought of the similarly-titled Dire Straits release 'Encores', then.

Damn, that's really steep compared to the LP. Amazing that CDs became the dominant medium in the early 90s with such huge differences in price.

22. Onkster515

Onkster515 Forum Resident

Doll Congress, right?

Never seen a cd.

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  23. nlgbbbblth

nlgbbbblth Senior Member

HMV were giving it away free if you bought two other Cure CDs. However once that offer stopped, it got priced up - other CD releases were starting to come down a bit in price then. As a friend who worked in HMV once said "1990 was vinyl's last Christmas and cassette was king."

LeBon Bush likes this.
  24. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

25. Freddy Steady

Freddy Steady Forum Resident