Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. AFCAD

AFCAD Forum Resident

Plus extra 5% in JB email until 3 April

2. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I got the Elvis in Nashville box for $43. Last couple of 20% off sales they've not included it because of 'high demand'.

croquetlawns and AFCAD like this.
  3. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

It's a fantastic set, especially discs 1-2.

I went through my wish list and it's interesting to see how many CDs aren't included in the sale.

Mylene likes this.
  4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I've wanted it since it came out but the only shop I've seen it in had it for well over $60 so I've been playing the waiting game with JB.

croquetlawns likes this.
  5. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

croquetlawns likes this.
  6. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

22 hours later and I have have just got home from Byron Bay. I had literally just banged in my last tent peg at the festival camping ground on Wednesday afternoon, when the girl from the camp site beside me got a phone call to say the event had been cancelled. Ten minutes later festival staff were telling campers they could stay one night and then had to leave.

Fortunately I went home via Castlemaine and spent $150 on second hand records at the Mill Market, so I was in a slightly better mood when I walked in the front door.

ispace, Bonddm, iloveguitars and 6 others like this.
  7. styxx

styxx Well-Known Member

So , it wasn't a wasted trip after all then.....

westcj likes this.
  8. westcj

I guess not, although I could have done without the 44 hours of driving via Byron Bay to get to Castlemaine when Castlemaine is only three hours from home!

9. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

And the government want us to travel...no thanks

westcj, Bonddm and croquetlawns like this.
  10. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Yes, I’m very toey about travelling up from the Surf Coast for “Blues on Broadbeach” next month.
    Came very close to cancelling both our airfares and accommodation after Bluesfest got canned, but decided to roll the dice.

westcj, croquetlawns and Jimmy Agates like this.
  11. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

I've purchased tickets for Cheap Trick here in Melbourne next month but really can't imagine it'll go ahead. They are palying afestival with Stone Temple Pilots, Bush and Rose Tattoo.....we'll see how that pans out!

12. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

If the Broadbeach festival wasn’t free, I wouldn’t be taking the chance.
    Also, we got return flights for $95 all up each!

13. westcj

I think Bluesfest management badly mishandled the cancellation of the 2021 festival. On the morning of the cancellation, Wednesday 31 March, the Bluesfest website was still saying that festival was all systems go - " Please be assured that Bluesfest is going ahead this Easter Long Weekend", and the camping grounds were opening at 10 am as planned. Myself and hundreds of others took this as being factual , and had travelled to the Byron Bay site on Wednesday and set up camps, only to be told at 4.30 pm that the festival had been cancelled.

What Management should have said on their website on Tuesday 30 March was the festival was planning to go ahead, but if it was possible, try and delay your arrival until a final decision had been made. On Tuesday , Bluesfest would have known that there was a threat of the festival being cancelled and this should have been made clear to the festival attendees.

This would have saved many ticket holders, including myself, a long and pointless drive to the festival site on the Wednesday and given people time to come up with a Plan B in terms of finding alternative accommodation and plans for Easter.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    sleeptalker, Bonddm and croquetlawns like this.
  14. westcj

I hope Broadbeach goes ahead, it's not a bad line up , I'm a big fan of CW Stoneking, Fiona Boyes, Hatz Fitz and Carla and Blue Shaddy - and as you said , it's free!

Bonddm likes this.
  15. westcj

Bonddm and croquetlawns like this.
  16. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

westcj and croquetlawns like this.
  17. westcj

croquetlawns likes this.
  18. westcj

19. westcj

croquetlawns likes this.
  20. westcj

Ruffcat likes this.
  21. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

croquetlawns and Frightwig like this.
  22. westcj

ispace likes this.
  23. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Questions for the experts ....

If placing an order which includes an out of stock item which qualifies for free shipping thru prime, if you later cancel the out of stock Item which takes you below the Shipping threshold, do you get hit with retrospective Shipping charges for the other items. This is in regards to an order from December.

westcj likes this.
  24. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

Sometimes! The way to do it safely is to chat to someone from Amazon on the online chat service and have them cancel your order. I did this once with a pre-order that they never got in stock, but taking the pre-order out would invalidate my free shipping.

westcj likes this.
  25. Glam77

Glam77 Forum Resident

Ok thanks.
    I think I might just sit on it a while. $13 Danzig lp.

croquetlawns likes this.