Target B2G1 Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by rjraphael, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Good to know but how much were these?

hutlock likes this.
  2. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Go-Go's $7, Stevie Wonder was $8 or 9. Bohemian Rhapsody was $10. The Wall was $14. Exodus was $20.

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Nothing to see here, at least at my nearest Target. All are full price.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  4. U2Achtung1

Yeah it usually depends which stores do it. None of mine were marked with clearance stickers though, I scanned them.

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yep, that has been my experience as well. I scanned and they came up full price.

6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

was able to locate exactly one here locally. the go-gos. didn't help that every store looked like a war zone post, post holiday weekend.

hutlock and SJP like this.
  7. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

Checked for The Wall today and it isn’t there anymore. There were only about five titles left, period.

8. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

A few weeks ago, the Target color vinyl of The Rolling Stones Honk was something like $9.

hutlock likes this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Can confirm — I grabbed one for that price.

The Elephant Man likes this.
  10. They showed 2 copies of The Wall at a nearby store so I popped in after work. None to be found. They checked the back and everything and came up empty handed. A shame, too; they were showing a price of $10.59

GentleSenator likes this.
  11. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

My niece was interning at a Target maybe 10 years ago when they were liquidating much of their vinyl titles.
    At this point in time, they had 5 of The Beatles new stereo LPs, Beach Boys Pet Sounds and some Pink Floyd LPs and I can’t remember what else. I think all the albums were from Capitol. I’m also thinking that there wasn’t even a vinyl section, just an endcap.
    So people were posting on SHF about their purchases and every Target I stopped at was cleaned out. So I called my niece and asked if her store had any vinyl left. Her store never put any out. They were all in the back storage area.
    She bought them for me with her discount which was on top of the sale price which by this time was under $10.
    By the time I paid for them, they were about $6 and some change.

mrjinks, DLD, JorgeGvb and 2 others like this.
  12. hutlock

Thats fantastic. Congrats man!

The Elephant Man likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i was really hoping to find a copy of this at that price too. no luck!

14. Yeah same. I love my TML cut original, so I’ve never been motivated enough to drop $40+ on the 2016. But I’ve heard good things about it and definitely would have given it a go at that price.

15. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Where did it show how many were in stock? The website? app? brickseek?

16. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

I have both - I think the TML is better overall. Just seems more dynamic and alive.

17. I actually didn’t see the quantity until I was in store. I looked it up at the self scanning station and it showed 2 on hand.

I wouldn’t expect it to top the original, none of the 2016s I’ve heard matched up well against a good analog cut, with the exception of Ummagumma, which I felt beat my US original. But The Wall is a favorite and I wouldn’t mind a new take on it. At $10, I wouldn’t feel bad if it just got a couple of spins.

GentleSenator and Leviathan like this.
  18. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Forum Resident

Thanks for posting! First time I've ever been able to catch something from one of these big box vinyl markdowns.

Was able to snag Stevie Wonder, Exodus (w/T-Shirt!), and 2 copies of the Go-Go's (one for me, one for my daughter). At my store, Exodus was only $11.39, which makes it a killer find! I asked the guy at the counter if they had any Pink Floyd in the back. He said I was the fifth person who asked since he started his shift, so word is clearly out.

sbsugar likes this.
  19. U2Achtung1

Yeah I was at a store that said they had 4 copies of The Wall via Brickseek, also on the store kiosk. I didn't see them, and asked someone and he checked his scanner and said there weren't any.

This store where I got The Wall was just luck. According to Brickseek they weren't supposed to have it. It's usually good but I guess not foolproof.

Maybe the Target stock just doesn't update sometimes, depending on the store? Or maybe they're in the back even if says on the shelf.

20. hutlock

Back to the B2G1 for a second:

So USPS is showing a shipment from Target in the system to deliver tomorrow... but when I went to check my orders on Target.com, none of them show Shipped status. So this should be interesting...

21. hutlock

Or employees grabbed them and them in a hold pile somewhere.

U2Achtung1 likes this.
  22. floyd

floyd Senior Member

That Target Lady

[​IMG]

U2Achtung1 and hutlock like this.
  23. U2Achtung1

Has anyone listened to The Go-Go's Greatest? I don't think it was remastered or anything.

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

on a whim i stopped by the last of the four targets that surround me and i found the guardians of the galaxy exclusive for $8.99 even though they supposedly had 0 in stock. also the bob marley exclusive for $11.99. to my surprise the marley lp inside is the recent half-speed mastered. according to others they got the older back to black pressing. this was a pleasant surprise.

still no pink floyd though :(

hutlock and SJP like this.
  25. hutlock

Is that Marley title Legend or something else?