Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. Jeremy B.

Jeremy B. Forum Resident

James Bennett and Newscot like this.
  2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

3. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

2019 but sold out for the non-Japanese edition.

4. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

bonedigger likes this.
  5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

They never sold out of those. They are still available on the local Sony shop. Japanese retailers must have ordered a ton of the BOTT one steps to Japan in anticipation of selling them in conjunction with Bob's scheduled month-long tour of Japan beginning in April of last year. We all know what happened.

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Yes, but am confused by the “release date” of end of May.

7. Newscot

Newscot Forum Resident

Possibly when they expect to receive them?

8. bonedigger

bonedigger Forum Resident

Thank for the tip! Couldn't justify picking one of these up when they were available for $125 unfortunately but I just sold a handful of records I don't listen to much anymore to scrape together the money to buy this record and didn't think I could get that easily for under $250 or so. I have a feeling the price will go back down on these eventually but I didn't want to chance it. Can't wait to hear this!

9. kiwi_pressing

kiwi_pressing Well-Known Member

Thanks very much for this! I have you to thank for getting hold of this. It sat for months at Chicago ISC, but when my missing mail search finally worked it turned up. It was worth the wait.

RiRiIII likes this.
  10. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

One-Step Beatles ?
    Guess the ultimate choice would be ..
    Abbey Road

Tullman and AnalogJ like this.
  11. kiwi_pressing

kiwi_pressing Well-Known Member

I hope yours turned up faster than mine did! JPC shipped within a couple of days, but it sat for months at Chicago ISC. Overall, impressed with JPC. Their customer service is excellent. Certainly allayed any fears about international purchases of this magnitude.
    If you're still waiting, it's worth the wait :) But also lodge a missing mail search with USPS if you're experiencing delay. I had to wait 45 days, but once I logged that, it moved within a few days.

12. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Just how would you do that medley? The medley and "Her Majesty" would have to be on one side.

I guess it might be -

Side 1 -

Come Together
    Something

Side 2 -

Maxwell's Silver Hammer
    Octopuses Garden

Side 3 -

She's So Heavy
    Here Comes The Sun

Side 4 -

Medley
    Her Majesty

alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

Guess Side 4 would get the most plays. :)

14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

You forgot “Because”! I think it would be

A. Come Together, Something, Maxwell
    B. Octopus’ Garden, I Want You She’s so Heavy
    C. Here Comes the Sun, Because
    D. Medley, Her Majesty

No Giles Martin; original mix from original tapes? I would buy it.

AnalogJ likes this.
  15. AnalogJ

Oops. I did. Much better!

16. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Or...don't put it on a 45 rpm.

John Moschella and Firehead like this.
  17. AnalogJ

An option. But for optimal sound, the 45rpm it would be. If it were to destroy the flow of the album too much, that might be too much of a drawback. But, with the MoFi OneSteps, we're supposedly talking about ultimate sonic experiences with a particular album.

CBackley likes this.
  18. alexpop

One -Step?
    Guess double albums would be very expensive..
    I’m looking at at you “Beatles - White Album”.

19. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

My thoughts...I would much rather keep the flow of such an iconic album intact instead of chopping it up for some supposed sonic benefit.

20. AnalogJ

I get you. But "some supposed sonic benefit" seems to imply that there wouldn't be any. How much of a sonic benefit would make it worthwhile?

EdogawaRampo likes this.
  21. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Every 45 rpm LP reissue I have has a sonic benefit worthwhile to me. None have required re-sequencing, but considering how good my UK ~2 / ~1 mat 33 rpm Abbey Road press sounds, if that could be bettered with a 45 rpm analog reissue, even if re-sequenced, I for one would be sorely tempted.

22. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

My point...it doesn't need to be a 45 rpm. There are plenty of great sounding 33's.

23. AnalogJ

I get it. And you're right. But with that series, they're going for THE best. I personally had an issue with what happened with the flow of What's Going On? And when AP put out the 45rpm to A Love Supreme, Speakers Corner still had their 33 (mastered and cut by Kevin Gray). Knowing the album, and how I personally think it's best listened as uninterrupted as possible, as it's a suite, I stayed with the Speakers Corner. Sometimes it's worth the trade. With the case of Abbey Road, perhaps it would be another case where a 33 would be the best option.

CBackley likes this.
  24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

MFSL would have to send a recording engineer over to England and do a tape copy from the master. Not optimal, but a whole lot better than what the Brits have offered up.

25. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

I was one of those people that said I would never pay $125 for a record so I missed out when these were readily available. Since they sold out, I felt like I really messed up. I love BOTT and wanted to hear the best possible version.
    I’m glad to say that I snagged a copy. Tower Records in Japan has copies. Paid $149 including taxes and another $25 to get it shipped to the US. $175 later I’m the proud owner of #8117.
    Anyway, I just wanted to say this is worth it IMO. This one-step sounds amazing and I’m so glad I got a copy. It’s a shame I had to waste another $50 but at least I got it well under the current price of $250-$300. They have more copies available if you’re ready to make the investment and want to get it u set the current prices.