More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

I disposed of a large part of my vinyl collection recently but I held on to this one. Enjoy!

2. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Cheers.

It’s a lovely LP, isn’t it?

I have #3, the CD. I’ll be looking for a NM copy of #2, the 7” EP at some point.

oboogie, omikron and longdist01 like this.
  3. ed carter

ed carter Forum Resident

[​IMG]Peter Yarrow and Paul Stookey

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  4. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Yes, I got mine about 17 years from a friend who ran a record store in London. I have two copies of the CD. I also have the EP.

As I mentioned, I disposed of most of my collection recently, including a lot of Dylan material. The auction house (Omega Auctions) still has one mono promo white label copy of BOB up for auction next Tuesday. I had three promo copies of BOB. I put two copies up for auction and kept the third copy.

Ten of Swords will also feature in a forthcoming auction.

5. stepeanut

Good luck with the sale. I’d be interested, if I hadn’t spent over £1,500 in the last month on music and related memorabilia. Need to take it easy for a couple of months.

6. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Thumbing through my 45s and was reminded of this old Rosemary Clooney I have.

I was more interested in the 45 adapter at the time when I got it for a few pennies but the music is of course nice and plays well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a little more info on the indestructible Webster-Chicago Corporation 45 adapters. Evolution and Extinction: Webster-Chicago 45 RPM Adapters

7. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

oboogie and omikron like this.
  8. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I've been so tempted to try popping it out to put it in the dish with the other ones I've collected over time.

But man o man. That sucker is IN there. You can see it in the photos. There is no way of getting that out without at least chipping the 45.

Maybe that was their business plan. You can't interchange them so you have to buy tons of them.

9. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Probably best to leave it on 45 disc, very cool item and thanks for sharing it here!

Maranatha5585, oboogie and omikron like this.
  10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

vintage flyer for several bands in 1971...
    particularly Queen listed before their demos would bring them to the attention of Chrysalis records within 6 months!

Recieved this image from fan of Indian Summer, Bob Jackson's band - in late '74 he would briefly join Badfinger.
    Brewer's Droop featured Mark Knopfler

[​IMG]

Maranatha5585, Jonpd, omikron and 2 others like this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

12. stepeanut

Sterling Morrison (The Velvet Underground), University of Texas at Austin, student-faculty ID, 1975-76.

This finally arrived, after a three-and-a-half week journey around the world, from California to the U.K. via Japan. It’s thinner than I was expecting; not as sturdy as a credit card. An oddly personal, yet very cool, piece of memorabilia.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

14. Gepetto

Gepetto Forum Resident

Much more, Percy.
    My copy is # 14696

oboogie and Percy Song like this.
  15. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Up for Auction at "Gotta Have Rock & Roll this month

[​IMG]

Bob Dylan personally owned Fender XII String Electric Guitar played on the Blonde on Blonde sessions, which is referred to as rock's first great double album. During those initial sessions in late 1965, Dylan played a host of Fenders. Many of the guitars are recognized as production models; however, this Electric XII is an incredibly rare specimen. It features a combination of the classic Fender sunburst finish with the original pearloid pick-guard and amplifier style knobs. Only a handful of these specific instruments were ever produced due to the pickguard being changed to the common tortoise-shell pickguard. This guitar was designed in 1965 with folk and rock artists in mind. Naturally, one was given to Dylan. Offered here is that very same guitar. Aside from the aforementioned sunburst finish, pearloid guard, and amplifier-style knobs, the guitar features an alder body, rosewood fingerboard, no neck stamp, and includes the original black tolex case with a green paint stencil across the top reading "Property of Ashes & Sand Inc.", which is the name of Dylan's original touring company. This legendary guitar can be seen being held by Bob Dylan in several photos from the period, and includes a signed letter of authenticity Jody Carver, former Fender Liaison and employee in various roles from 1949 through the mid-1970s. Carver worked closely with Leo Fender and Don Randall, and worked in sales, product development, and public relations. It reads, in part: "Due to my knowledge of musicians and studios in the Northeast, I was Fender's first choice for supplying artists...I have inspected the 1965 Fender Electric XII...serial no L72261, and can confirm (Due to the unique wood grain figuring at the end of the fingerboard) that this was the instrument given to Bob Dylan by the Fender company, and is the one that can be seen on the Bob Dylan sessions in Columbia Studios attended by myself and my nephew Artie Martello in 1965." Included is a signed letter of provenance from Bob Dylan's management confirming that this is the very guitar that he owned and used during the Blonde on Blonde sessions. This piece is without a doubt the ultimate Dylan guitar and is one of the most important guitars of the 1960s and rock history. The value of the guitar cannot be understated, with Heritage Auction Appraisal Services valuing the guitar at $1,000,000. An iconic landmark piece of American culture. Comes with a Letter of Authenticity from Bob Dylan's Management, a Letter of Authenticity from Jodi Carver, a Letter of Authenticity from George Gruhn, a Letter of Authenticity from Clive Brown, the original "Ashes & Ashes" Touring Case, A Leather Guitar Strap and a Gotta Have Rock & Roll Certificate of Authenticity.

16. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

If I win the lottery I’ll definitely be having this.

17. Percy Song

Nice item to have. Love the early Velvets...

18. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

Robert Fripp ~ "Music For Quiet Moments # 50"

19. Maranatha5585

20. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ ''WABC'' New York Radio Station
    U.S. A very rare promo radio station fan club card . Measures approx 4'' x 2.5''.
    Early original vintage 1964 .. photo archives. Rare!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  21. Percy Song

Next week we'll have an audio preview of "The Bootleg Series Vol. 16" in the form of one track on an Uncut Magazine cover mount CD. "Too Late" is an early version of "Foot Of Pride". Exciting!

[​IMG]

Bob Dylan – Too Late (Acoustic Version)
    Richard Thompson – This Wheel’s On Fire
    Courtney Marie Andrews – To Ramona
    The Flaming Lips – Lay Lady Lay
    The Weather Station – Precious Angel
    Cowboy Junkies – I’ve Made Up My Mind To Give Myself To You
    Thurston Moore – Buckets Of Rain
    Fatoumata Diawara – Blowin’ In The Wind
    Brigid Mae Power – One More Cup Of Coffee
    Low – Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
    Joan Shelley & Nathan Salsburg – Dark Eyes
    Patterson Hood & Jay Gonzalez – Blind Willie McTell
    Frazey Ford – The Times They Are a-Changin’
    Jason Lytle – Most Of The Time
    Weyes Blood – Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands

22. stepeanut

I don’t normally bother with these magazine freebies, but I might just go for this one. Besides Bob, there are several interesting artists. I’m intrigued to hear Jason Lytle (of Grandaddy fame) doing “Most of the Time”.

longdist01, oboogie and Percy Song like this.
  23. Percy Song

The last one in a very pleasing series. I wonder what Fripp is planning to offer up next...

omikron and oboogie like this.
  24. Maranatha5585

Traveling Wilburys ~ Sessions, Outtakes & Remixes

Percy Song, Jonpd, omikron and 2 others like this.
  25. Maranatha5585

John Lennon ~ "Instant Karma" .. Version 2