More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

2. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan ~ ''Jokerman'' & "I And I" .. Record Store Day 12''
    * * Coming July 17, 2021 * *

[​IMG]

RSD 12” features two reggae remixes each of “Jokerman” and “I And I”, by Doctor Dread. The original versions of both tracks appeared on Dylan’s Infidels album, with Sly & Robbie as the rhythm section. The two “I And I” remixes were previously released on Is It Rolling Bob: A Reggae Tribute To Bob Dylan (2003) ,while the “Jokerman” remixes are newly commissioned and previously unreleased. Doctor Dread has worked with Bob Marley, Black Uhuru, Jimmy Cliff, Inner Circle, Gregory Isaacs, Luciano, Mad Cobra, Freddy McGregor, Sly and Robbie, Steel Pulse, The Wailers and many others.

Side A: 1. “Jokerman [Reggae Remix]” 2. “Jokerman [Instrumental Dub]”

Side B: 1. “I and I [Reggae Remix]” 2. “I and I [Reggae Dub]”

3. Maranatha5585

THE BEATLES ~ ''ITunes'' Promotional LP
    U.S. Very rare! "Tomorrow Never Knows" .. Original 12'' 33 rpm, ltd edition of 1000 LP copies.
    Special cover w/ now expired iTunes code. :drool:
    c., 2012.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

"ya mon!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    omikron, oboogie and Maranatha5585 like this.
  5. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

As a matter of interest, the gentleman playing the tambourine is Irish music legend B P Fallon.

Percy Song, Maranatha5585 and oboogie like this.
  6. Maranatha5585

On April 11, 1961 — 60 years ago today — Bob Dylan performed his first NYC gig, opening for bluesman John Lee Hooker at Gerde's Folk City

[​IMG]
    Mike Porco took Bob Dylan to get his cabaret card on April 10, 1961.
    Later that night, Dylan met Joan Baez at Gerde's.
    The next night, Bob started working professionally.
    All in a period of 24 hours.

[​IMG]

Who knows how many other young men arrived in New York City in the winter of 1961 looking like James Dean and talking like Jack Kerouac?

It would have been difficult to pick Bob Dylan out of the crowd at first, considering how much he had in common with the other Bohemian kids kicking around Greenwich Village.

Artistic ambition? Check. Antipathy toward mainstream culture? Yes. A desire to put his middle-class identity behind him? Definitely.

But the singular creative vision that would separate Dylan from the rest of his peers and change the face of popular music wasn't really in evidence yet.

What Bob Dylan did have, though, in addition to his guitar and harmonica, was a unique stage presence and a vast library of American folk songs in his repertoire.

On April 11, 1961 — 60 years ago today — he got his first real chance to put those on display with his first major gig in New York City, opening for bluesman John Lee Hooker at Gerde's Folk City.

Bob Dylan had just arrived in town a few months earlier, but as the prominent producer/talent scout John Hammond would write in the liner notes of his debut album one year later: "The young man from the provinces began to make friends very quickly in New York, all the while continuing, as he has since he was ten, to assimilate musical ideas from everyone he met, every record he heard."

Dylan befriended not only his idol, Woody Guthrie — whose hospitalization in New Jersey had been the initial impetus for Dylan to come east from Minnesota — but also some of the significant figures on the burgeoning Downtown folk scene, like Jack Elliot and Dave Van Ronk.

Dylan would write about this period in "Talkin' New York" (1962), which included a verse about his breakthrough gig at Gerde's:

After weeks and weeks of hanging around
    I finally got a job in New York town
    In a bigger place, bigger money too
    Even joined the Union and paid my dues.

Gerde's was probably the most important folk music venue in New York City at the time — the club that every folk act with a national profile played when they were in town.

Dylan had previously joined other unknowns like himself onstage at Gerde's during the club's Monday "Hootenanny Night," but the invitation to appear on a regular bill presented a bit of an administrative problem.

At just 19 years old, Bob Dylan was too young to obtain the necessary union card and cabaret license. The club’s owner, Mike Porco, was interested enough in getting the young man on the bill, though, that he signed on as Dylan's guardian — "the Sicilian father I never knew I had," as Dylan put it.

A number of major developments in the year that followed would set Bob Dylan on his road toward stardom, but the very first of those was his appearance at Gerde's Folk City on this day in 1961.

Top photo of Dylan at Gerde’s Folk City in 1961 by Irwin Gooen

Thanks History.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  7. Maranatha5585

The Beatles ~ "White Album" .. Promo Flier
    U.K. Apple Records .. RARE! Original record co. ephemera.
    Photo archives, measures 5.5'' x 8.5'' .
    c., 1968.

[​IMG]

8. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

My wife had saved a dozen old concert ticket stubs from 1972-80. Apparently people collect this stuff. I sold. this lot on ebay recently for almost $100.

[​IMG]

9. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

The prices on those tickets is what amazes me. Inflation indeed.

longdist01, mrjinks, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  10. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

:) Take a look at this one. Four shows in three days (two on the Saturday). Kracker and Billy Preston as support acts and Billy also sitting in with the Stones for their set. I attended all four shows and the total ticket cost was £8.80. It's true that for me, with train fares thrown in, it was probably my wages for the week.

I've been virtually deaf ever since, by the way...!

[​IMG]

11. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Fantastic. And I bet every second was worth it.

My friend and I drove to Chicago once (from Cincinnati for Paul concert. The Driving Rain tour. First time either of us had seen him.

It's fun doing those half-broke road trip journeys. It makes.everything more meaningful, doesn't it?

12. Maranatha5585

Johnny CASH ~ Personal Bible Study Notes
    Ten Plaques of Egypt - 7th Exodus . One handwritten sheet of lined notebook paper, black ink pen.

[​IMG]

13. Maranatha5585

14. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And my Triplicate is a mere #00220.

Not sure how I managed that! Don't think I even noticed it was numbered for a couple years. Given my "love" for Bob's Sinatra phase, it will likely remain in near-mint condition for the entire time I own it.
    :hide:

15. joy stinson

joy stinson Secret friend

Send all of these great things. With pictures of that boy to this gal’s house...You know a gal would better appreciate them...lol.

longdist01 and omikron like this.
  16. joy stinson

Amazing..

longdist01 and Maranatha5585 like this.
  17. joy stinson

Hubby loves rosemary Clooney...has some f her records...

18. joy stinson

Yeah...found mine all stuffed in a sack..couldn’t believe what a bargain l.like most here..I saw many great conspiracies..

19. joy stinson

Looks to me like a great man cave....but go ahead and give me that BBB I see...you know the one I want....lol.

ConnieGuitar, longdist01 and omikron like this.
  20. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

One of my copies is up for auction on tomorrow (Tuesday, 13 April 2021) through Omega Auctions in the UK (website address: www.omegaauctions.co.uk). Lot 74.

21. joy stinson

Lol..I meant to say saw many great concerts, not conspiracies ....I don’t regard or reduce the great acts I saw as tavistock conspiracies, lol. Very happy to say when saw those concerts internet kooks didn’t have their various nonsense going and folks just enjoyed entertainers and great concerts then. ...I hate auto correct and have uncontrollable seizures..didn’t catch..sorry. If I did happen to catch a tavistock created act..they put on a great show, lol.

22. Maranatha5585

On this day in 1963 — 58 years ago — Bob Dylan played Town Hall in New York City. It was Dylan’s first major solo performance in a concert venue

[​IMG]

On this day in 1963 — 58 years ago — Bob Dylan played Town Hall in New York City. It was Dylan’s first major solo performance in a concert venue.

Town Hall was about three quarters full and few could have realized what a historic night that would be. Fortunately the concert was recorded from the sound board.

The concert was produced by the late Harold Leventhal, who died in 2005.

- Frank Beacham Journal

omikron, Percy Song, Jonpd and 3 others like this.
  23. joy stinson

His voice was great then..saw the tour in Memphis. I was lucky enough to see all of of his American twentieth century tours...top one you can guess was the wings one..best concert ever saw in fifty years of concerts and many acts seen...no kidding. Stones in 72 were very close but wings was the best. I saw George in 74. Final paul concert was in 14...voice still adequately good. Your favorite/least favorite? Lol... SHF member here says..as you know I will..wings completely slayed.

omikron, longdist01 and Maranatha5585 like this.
  24. joy stinson

I think you noted elsewhere on forum..you too saw wings in Atlanta...think I saw them on 5/19...ticket is packed in with memorabilia with tour program.

longdist01 and Maranatha5585 like this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Loved those shows too! :love:
    Paul in Atlanta '76
    George in. D.C. '74
    Stones Pgh '72
    King Crimson Pgh '72 /'74

omikron, longdist01 and joy stinson like this.