Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

I've seen a few like that, oh right talking about records now!

It seems to be two extremes for me with Amazon, one I'll get double boxed in a large outer, the next one will be single box in brown paper- zero consistency.

imarcq likes this.
  2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Dubmart, Johnta7 and The Elephant Man like this.
  3. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Great price on Queen’s Bo Rhap soundtrack on vinyl

£12.39
    FREE One-Day
    FREE delivery: Tomorrow
    Order within 19 hrs 21 mins Details
    In stock.

Bohemian Rhapsody (The Original Soundtrack) [VINYL]
    Double vinyl
    Queen (Performer) Format: Vinyl
    4.8 out of 5 stars 5,237 ratings
    Was: £25.00
    Price: £12.39 FREE One-Day
    You Save: £12.61 (50%)

imarcq likes this.
  4. imarcq

That's a great price. I'm tempted...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00RY33V02/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_0WAXVA33FNDDVVD70ZS1

Gavaxeman likes this.
  5. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Are these all proper Queen tracks as in the live aid audio is the 1985 performance and not rami singing it?

6. Gavaxeman

Yep..all original Freddie vocals , quite a few unreleased live tracks , it’s a decent album , normally £25+

7. Gavaxeman

Cast of thousands
    Elbow (Artist) Format: Vinyl
    4.8 out of 5 stars 17 ratings
    Price: £13.42

Another good deal..sorry struggling to copy and post the links

8. imarcq

Yes they are.... funnily enough I just sold on eBay all my cassette tape recordings of Live Aid which I taped from Radio 1 when simulcast in 85. I hope the buyer didn't buy just for Queen not knowing there was now an official release!!!

9. imarcq

Scott Walker - Scott
    Vinyl LP £13.42

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JF6I...imm_0YJEH6FHQNA59NN6F0JZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

Amazon Review:

Universal's Back To Black series has received more than its fair share of criticism, mainly from the beard stroking, personality challenged weirdos over at Stevehoffman.tv
    :laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup::laughup:
    The usual 'major label, money grabbing, cheap job' accusations. Not justified in my opinion. I have a few of the series and have no complaints whatsoever. The only criticism I do have of the series is the rather strange choice of titles they seem to be releasing aimed mainly at more recent albums that were never intended for an analogue medium and offer no benefit sound-wise or from a nostalgia viewpoint. However, that is not the case here as this album was made fair and square many years ago in the vinyl era. The two CD incarnations of this album have been pretty much disappointing, especially the 2001 HDCD remaster, which sucked the life right out of the sound, making it shrill and clinical. Thankfully, this vinyl version hits the right notes with an excellent overall balance, a nice smooth bottom end and a wonderful spacious stereo image. The quality of the pressing looks and feels good and is excellent in terms of noise (i.e - there IS none!). Overall, very satisfying to listen to and, from now on, my choice of format for this album.
    The packaging is a nice thick card and more or less mirrors the original with the obvious modern legal jargon present but intrusive. One point that trainspotters may whine about is the non-original label. The original was on Philips. This one is Mercury. I believe this is because Universal no longer have the rights to use a Philips logo (at the time of original release Philips Records was part of the huge Dutch electronics company). Still, the label looks authentic.
    One minor niggle is the lack of a polylined inner. I really don't know why this is still omitted in favour of a standard white inner. Surely the cost differential is minimal and it's well known amongst vinyl lovers of being the preferred choice. That apart, there is really nothing to say against this issue. Perhaps i'm easy to please although I am someone who appreciates that they key to enjoyable music is not only a quality repertoire but also good sound.
    One final point, it's a cracking album!!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    fitzrik, Gavaxeman and Rob6899 like this.
  10. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

11. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

Ha ha, nothing has changed in 7 years:

"
    [​IMG]
    J. Milner

5.0 out of 5 stars On vinyl where it belongs
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 March 2013
    Verified Purchase
    Universal's Back To Black series has received more than its fair share of criticism, mainly from the beard stroking, personality challenged weirdos over at Stevehoffman.tv. The usual 'major label, money grabbing, cheap job' accusations. Not justified in my opinion. I have a few of the series and have no complaints whatsoever. The only criticism I do have of the series is the rather strange choice of titles they seem to be releasing aimed mainly at more recent albums that were never intended for an analogue medium and offer no benefit sound-wise or from a nostalgia viewpoint. However, that is not the case here as this album was made fair and square many years ago in the vinyl era. The two CD incarnations of this album have been pretty much disappointing, especially the 2001 HDCD remaster, which sucked the life right out of the sound, making it shrill and clinical. Thankfully, this vinyl version hits the right notes with an excellent overall balance, a nice smooth bottom end and a wonderful spacious stereo image. The quality of the pressing looks and feels good and is excellent in terms of noise (i.e - there IS none!). Overall, very satisfying to listen to and, from now on, my choice of format for this album.
    The packaging is a nice thick card and more or less mirrors the original with the obvious modern legal jargon present but intrusive. One point that trainspotters may whine about is the non-original label. The original was on Philips. This one is Mercury. I believe this is because Universal no longer have the rights to use a Philips logo (at the time of original release Philips Records was part of the huge Dutch electronics company). Still, the label looks authentic.
    One minor niggle is the lack of a polylined inner. I really don't know why this is still omitted in favour of a standard white inner. Surely the cost differential is minimal and it's well known amongst vinyl lovers of being the preferred choice. That apart, there is really nothing to say against this issue. Perhaps i'm easy to please although I am someone who appreciates that they key to enjoyable music is not only a quality repertoire but also good sound.
    One final point, it's a cracking album!!
    "

12. imarcq

I'm stroking my beard in anticipation... :)

Rob6899 and The Elephant Man like this.
  13. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

14. Rob6899

Rob6899 Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  15. imarcq

Elton's Jewel Box is back up to £29.30....still plenty of flippers around +/-£20 on eBay for those who missed the discount. Knowing Amazon though it'll be up and down like a....er....um...etc...

Rob6899 likes this.
  16. imarcq

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  17. imarcq

18. imarcq

Downes Braid Association
    Live in England. 2LP Gatefold
    Ltd Green Vinyl

£12.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B081JSJ...imm_9PXR0VK8NN9HG5737M3Z?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  19. imarcq

Just a quick postscript....the seller here is actually the Cherry Red Label directly sold through the Yellow and Green Amazon name. Cherry Red have this on sale at £10.99 but the added postage makes its slightly more expensive than via their Amazon route.

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Rob6899, Almost Simon and imarcq like this.
  21. Arknine

Arknine Forum Resident

22. imarcq

Jetzt sagst du es mir! ;)

mestreech and hutlock like this.
  23. imarcq

The Shadows - The Final Tour

2LP Red Vinyl £13.58

I suspect this will fall a bit more. It's been on my watch list since it was about £25...but seems to be dropping a quid each day this week. I had to lock in this price as I had two other bargain price, household items as add-ons to get my free shipping. But it might be worth watching and waiting to see if this goes as low as the other Hank Marvin reissues did recently... meanwhile get practising those Apache moves....left two three, point two three...right two three... point two free and repeat... :bdance::bdance::bdance:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086VWK8GZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_6C4612P24RBJJK8FAN2H

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Rob6899 likes this.
  24. Colin Allstations

Colin Allstations Forum Resident

Is there a way to filter out CDs when on the hunt for discounted vinyl? Unless I'm missing something obvious, I'm always stuck with wading through the 'Vinyl & CDs' option.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  25. culabula

culabula Unread author.

You can tick vinyl.