SleeveCity coupon thread

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Mike from NYC, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Similar threads have been bagged together. :)

mrjinks, dcarwin, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  2. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Can anyone confirm that they allow you to select media mail for your orders? I have ordered from them in the past but I can’t remember what shipping service I used. They make it clear on the product pages and their shipping section that the can’t use media mail. So why do they let you select it as an option when checking out?

“Sleeve City ships packages in accordance with the United States Post Office and Federal Express.Shipping rates are based on the weight of the order and destination zip/postal code. Shipping rates are tied into real-time rates listed with the Post Office and FedEx. We are not authorized to use Media Mail.Sleeve City does not profit from shipping costs.”

3. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!”

my recent order of 50 sleeves - $3.86 shipping via Media Mail.

4. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Did anyone else place a Black Friday order last fall?

My order for Ultimate Inners placed on Nov 26 still has not shipped.

I think the last unsolicited update I received was in January. They were supposed to be in stock by mid-March.

2 weeks ago a customer service agent said they'd received stock and that I'd be getting a tracking number "soon".

Still nothing JFC

5. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

I ordered a case of 500 non logo disckeeper inners this week and they have shipped. I would reach out and see what's going on.

6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

are they shipping ? banner on the front page says they are in lockdown & not shipping til 4/8 ??

[​IMG]

7. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

my shipping date was 3/31 for an order placed 0n 3/27/ its more than a label creation - its actually moving according to fedex. I didn't see that banner on the home page when I checked just now. This is all very strange.

8. draden1

draden1 Forum Resident

My order from 1/27 just updated with a tracking number on 3/31. Granted, it’s only the label creation and hasn’t actually made it to a post office yet.

9. marcb

marcb Senior Member

My 11/30 order for Ultimate Outers (which were backordered at the time) and some other items just got shipped yesterday - with expected delivery tomorrow.

I think I got the Jan update and then another update a couple of weeks ago telling my backordered item would be shipped soon.

10. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I just checked with them and they said they were receiving the Ultimate Inners "today" and that I'd get a tracking number "soon".

No sign of the banner above, just the one indicating USPS shipping delays that I saw over the past few months.

I don't begrudge the owners for circumstances beyond their control regarding supply chains, but their communication has been pretty weak. I checked and the last time I was updated without having to call first was January 4th.

MekkaGodzilla and GentleSenator like this.
  11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yikes. good thing there are several alternative manufacturers & vendors for comparable inner/outer sleeves now.

12. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

That's been up since last year. They never removed it from their front page.

marcb, GentleSenator and Davidmk5 like this.
  13. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yes, and my shipping label was finally created the other day. As is typical with them, it'll take several days for them to actually get it moving in the USPS system.

14. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I was wondering if that was from the start of it all :laugh:, thanks !

15. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Mine just shipped today; Qty: 1000 Ultimate Outer 2.5 coming my way (finally!).

They're due to arrive on April 7th via FedEx.

superstar19 likes this.
  16. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

My order from Black Friday just shipped as well. Double disc inner sleeves and some CD jewel cases.

superstar19 likes this.
  17. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I’ve been using Sleeve City for years, but communication (and quality control to lesser degree) has always been a weak point, IMO.

superstar19 likes this.
  18. DigMyGroove

I had received an order shipped email with a FedEx tracking number, expected delivery April 7th. The tracking never updated, and once April 7th passed I wrote Sleeve City asking if my order had actually shipped. The next day FedEx tracking changed to pending. Then Sleeve City wrote stating that the goods had finally arrived, and to please be patient as they fulfill orders. OK, all good, so why make the mistake of creating a label that states shipped?

WithinYourReach likes this.
  19. DigMyGroove

My order has finally shipped, live FedEx tracking projects Tuesday’s finally the day.

superstar19 likes this.
  20. WithinYourReach

WithinYourReach Resident Millennial

Checking in to say my order from Black Friday finally arrived today.

21. DigMyGroove

DELIVERED!

Dignan2000 and WithinYourReach like this.
  22. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I put an order last month for a few items. After a few weeks of hearing nothing, I emailed them. Well, apparently everything I ordered was out of stock.
    Nowhere during the ordering process did it say the items were back ordered. I’m in no hurry to get these, but the lack of clear communication is missing. In the past they would always email you if something was out of stock and give you the option of removing the item, but no communication this time.

23. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

I bet $100 we get a "Thanks for your patronage, but we are going out of business" e-mail in a few weeks time. :shake:

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Why?

Carter DeVries likes this.
  25. Seeing your note I wondered can I get Diskeeper Audiophile Inner Sleeves without the logo? That'd be preferable.
    Not seeing that option on the product page
    Audiophile inner record sleeve available in packs of 50

How do you get this?

I've been waiting a few months for them to be in stock, and placed an order anyway (despite the back order warning).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.