Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (She’s The One OST reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Saul Pimon, Apr 7, 2021.

1. From a french site...
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Angel Dream (Songs from the motion picture She’s The One) - Disquaire Day

Description

Edition remixée, remasterisée et ré inventée de l’album “She’s The One” qui va fêter son 25ème anniversaire.

Inclus 4 titres inédits : “105 Degrees”, “13 Days” (une reprise de JJ Cale), “One of Life’s Little Mysteries” et le titre instrumental “French Disconnection” + une version extended de “Supernatural Radio”.

Tracklisting :

1.Angel Dream (No. 2)
    2.Grew Up Fast
    3.Change The Locks
    4.Zero From Outer Space
    5.A s s h o l e
    6.One of Life’s Little Mysteries
    7.Walls (No. 3)
    8.Thirteen Days
    9.105 Degrees
    10.Climb That Hill
    11.Supernatural Radio (Extended Version)
    12.French Disconnection
    So "French Disconnection" is an instrumental.

Hep Alien, The MEZ and faceinthecrowd like this.
  2. Jeff Bramwell

Jeff Bramwell Forum Resident

I suspect "French Disconnection" is the bit of music we're all familiar with beginning at the 7:45 mark of this video.

3. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

I think the piece of music you're referring to is some acoustic strumming of "Grew Up Fast," so hopefully "French Disconnection" is something different altogether.

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  4. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

My only disappointment with this set is that it leaves Angel Dream (No. 4) without a modern remix/remaster. As others have noted, while Walls (Circus) was left off this set, it was on Best of Everything along with Angel Dream (No. 2), so it does have an easily available modern remaster.

The MEZ and KinkySmallFace1991 like this.
  5. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I'm okay with the "No. 4" remix of "Angel Dream" being left off because I found all that heavily delayed and compressed percussion to be a bit distracting and took away from the song.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  6. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

This will be good. Can't wait for the digital release.

Fred1, KinkySmallFace1991 and FJFP like this.
  7. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Ideally, once the dust settles, one will be able to compile a non-brickwalled She's The One with almost the entire running order intact, something I was eager to do after hearing how good some of the STO material sounded in full dyanmic range on All The Rest.

Fred1, davenav, supermd and 9 others like this.
  8. KinkySmallFace1991

Not only were those tracks full dynamic range, but they were also remixed to really bring out those buried elements in their original mixes. The biggest one was Carl Wilson’s harmony on “Hung Up and Overdue”...barely audible on the original mix...jumps out at you in the remix.

Fred1, davenav, supermd and 6 others like this.
  9. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

That was such a joy. And if you OOPS the mix, you get Carl all on his own! :love:

Fred1, davenav and KinkySmallFace1991 like this.
  10. Sam Warren

Sam Warren Well-Known Member

Leolo: "Maybe it’s just me, but I’m having a hard time getting excited for this after the 'Wildflowers and All the Cash' fiasco."

Ha, that title sums it up beautifully! Tom Petty himself would smirk.

Join our drinking game: Take a shot whenever McCool types the word magic word "M-A-R-K-E-T."

steviej and faceinthecrowd like this.
  11. KinkySmallFace1991

Tom Petty's official Twitter when UltimateClassicRock posted an article about this upcoming release:
    We're so excited to share more about this project with everyone soon! #RSDDrops #RSD21 #AngelDream

12. Is there a good DVD version of the film (She's the One) with something from T.P. in bonus? Or a "just the music" button?

13. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

He belongs among the wildflowers... :cool:

Western Movie, ARK, davenav and 2 others like this.
  14. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Not sure why the cover is getting so much flak..

It may not be TP's best cover art, but it's [IMHO] certainly better than this:
    [​IMG]

And arguably better than:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

yeah, most Tom Petty album covers aren't very good.

i like the greatest hits one a lot though!

16. KinkySmallFace1991

My favorite one, though, without a doubt:
    [​IMG]

Followed by:
    [​IMG]

Then lastly:
    [​IMG]

Western Movie, Hep Alien and jmxw like this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

:righton:

18. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

I think the album is just fine as is, and is an essential Petty album- as good as Wildflowers IMO. I also love the original cover, tho I guess the new version could have an improved package (gatefold?). FYI there was a recent repress in late 2020, I grabbed it from Acoustic Sounds for $18.98 in Feb 2021. They appear to be sold out again but you can find them on Discogs, the Bellman cuts from 2017. Before the repress they were selling for $70+.

19. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

I'm perfectly happy with my 2016 Wildflowers 2lp (from box set) and STO 2020 repress, both fantastic Bellman cuts. I don't have any 'overlap' of the songs that you get from the recent Wildflowers 3Lp, and that 'Angel Dream' cover is absolutely horrendous. I actually enjoy the STO album more, possibly because Wildflowers was so overplayed on the radio back in the day.

The revisionist update to the STO album is pretty strange IMO, they are really cashing in big time. Personally I think the recent Wildflowers celebration is wayyy overrated and blown out of proportion. It's a great album, but it's not one of the greatest ever as the multiple boxsets would lead you to believe.

hodgo, FJFP and faceinthecrowd like this.
  20. I like the original "She's the One" cover art. It has an old jazz cover art perfume.

Markarrow, Ere, KAJ1971 and 6 others like this.
  21. Rainy Taxi

Rainy Taxi The Art of Almost

I always say this when the Echo cover comes up, because it is one of my favorite albums as well, but that is not the original cover for the album. It's never been explained, or even acknowledged, why they took the image above and photoshopped Scott on on the right there, presumably to look more like Howie (who, as we know, didn't show up for the photo shoot):

[​IMG]

But that is what appeared when the album hit shelves in 1999. Somewhere along the line years later, they started using the "original Scott" image in other places.

22. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast

How utterly bizarre. They probably decided down the line Scott deserved to be seen!

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  23. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

@McCool For those of us, who due to health or other reasons won't be able to partake in RSD this year, do you have any info on when we are likely to see the mainstream non RSD black vinyl release?

24. McCool

McCool Forum Resident

Information regarding format and distribution is forthcoming. As I hope y'all can appreciate I can't jump the line on this stuff just yet as I don't want to communicate information that has yet to be officially confirmed or announced.

That said I wouldn't be too concerned regarding fear of missing out as there will more than likely be multiple channels that consumers will be able to access in order to acquire this release.

25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

This is good news!

As always, thank you for sharing as much as you can, when you can. :righton:

ARK and Adam Schellin like this.