Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by connorjake, Sep 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connorjake

connorjake Forum Resident Thread Starter

Apologies if this has been mentioned previously, but am I right in thinking that Amazon have stopped printing the track listings on most of the albums on their main "CDs & Vinyl" section on their web site.

2. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Yes, it seems to be something they are doing on their US site as well. Also they have taken away the 30 second samples.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Ah I noticed this too, on Amazon Canada, but thought it might be limited to the release I was looking at and only Amazon Canada.

I just had a look and picked something popular, so searched for Katy Perry and no track listing, on UK, CA or US site.

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Yes, I noticed this too. It is a mistake. I hadn't really thought too much about it but I have as a result been visiting other sites and suppliers and therefore perhaps am less likely to make an impulse purchase via Amazon.

5. Linky53

Linky53 Forum Resident

I noticed this on the UK site a couple of weeks ago. It’s a bad move by Amazon as I have been tending to go to other sites to find the track listings and have as a result altered my browsing habits, purchasing a few things elsewhere.

6. Krzych

Krzych The one who listens

I wouldn't be surprised if they are going to replace track lists in plain text and 30 second samples with some kind of widget promoting their music streaming service. Obviously to make it happen they have to clean up first and make some room in the product description.

7. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

yeah, just noticed this last night on amazon uk, which is where I do most of my CD purchasing (as opposed to LP, which I still try to get from brick n mortar)... made it a bit of a chore to find the track list and a sample, but luckily allmusic had what I needed... purchased the CD from amazon uk anyway...

8. sacdfan

sacdfan Forum Resident

Amazon also seemed to have dropped the product release date on the cd releases. Can’t see the logic for this.

9. Antenociticus

Antenociticus Forum Resident

This is a real problem when there are multiple versions of a CD. I nearly got caught out a couple of weeks ago: I was shopping for the 3 CD version of UFO's "Phenomenon". It wasn't until I got the order confirmation that I discovered they'd substituded a previously released 2 CD version (which I already had). Fortunately I managed to cancel the order and find the correct version elsewhere.

10. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Just popped on to Amazon UK to possibly pick up a copy of the Young Shakespeare CD and all physical music media seems to have disappeared from the site. CDs & Vinyl are still listed as a category but no products are listed when you search. Anyone else noticing this/having these problems today?

11. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Shows up fine for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Young-Shak...ung+Shakespeare&qid=1619023617&s=music&sr=1-1

12. GubGub

GubGub Forum Resident

Dave likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.