Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cranny, Apr 9, 2021.

1. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

I’m buying all the Super Deluxe Editions in both formats CD & LP that Sabbath releases.

2. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

What's the point of another Nth remaster? It only takes it further away from the original sound. I wonder what was said to Andy Pearce as to the reasoning for for him to take another stab with the second and third tries? Practice makes perfect? Sabbath needs someone with a strong appreciation of the Sabbath legacy and sound, like a Giles Martin with the Beatles catalog .

Sticking with my original Warner CD and LP. I discovered this album in 76, so why mess with something that I and others (target audience) grew up on and fondly remember?

NOTE: I do love the Pearce Vol 4 lp 2016 remaster which to me respects the original

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  3. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Agree. I bought the deluxe Thin Lizzy Vagabonds set when it was released and it remains one of my favourite deluxe sets. The remastered album was fantastic and the bonus material a real treat. If you’re not making that kind of effort why do a big set at all?

slipkid likes this.
  4. ImportCDs have now listed the Sabotage Super Deluxe Box Sets. - Release Date June 11, 2021

LP set : $97.56

CD set : $36.18

plus shipping and taxes (if applicable).

Happy 420 :D

5. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident

checked last about 2 days ago and it wasn't there, just ordered it now though from there.
    Thanks!!

For $41 total with shipping included, it's definitely worth it for this i think!

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

For Canadian fans - Amazon CA currently shows $47.26 for the CD and $113.26 for vinyl.

7. jmadad

jmadad Forum Resident

thanks for the heads up - ordered. For those of us "new" to BS and who don't own any of these previously, I'm loving the super deluxes. No, not perfect. But, really really enjoyable!

8. GRompre68

GRompre68 Vive le Prog Quebecois

I pre-ordered the box, but I already miss Wilson's involvement on Sabotage. As I am listening "again" to the outtakes remixes by Wilson on Vol. 4, I am thinking Wilson could have done miracles on Sabotage.
    (I am especially jealous of what Wilson just did with Jethro Tull's "A": miracle is the right word).
    So for Vol. 4, Wilson did not have access, supposedly, to the master tapes of the final album, right? Is it really the exact same story with Sabotage? No outtakes at all to play with?

Bruce Racket likes this.
  9. The master tapes for Vol. 4, according to @Claus, are located at Abbey Road, London. For the Vol. 4 2021 SDE remaster of the album proper, digital files from an earlier transfer (we don't know from which tapes), rather than a fresh transfer from the master tapes, were used. Steven Wilson had nothing to do with the remaster, he only remixed the outtakes and alt. takes on disc 2+3. Also according to Claus, multi tracks for Vol. 4 do exist and are in great condition, yet for some reason Steven was told they didn't find them (WTF, right?). Whatever story the Sabotage SDE may have, it must be different, since it doesn't seem that Steven Wilson was involved with that at all. My guess is that multi tracks for Sabotage do exist as well but they (Tony and Geezer? Rhino) didn't feel like fetching them. Whatever the reasons, I think we have to face the fact that Tony, and possibly Geezer, really don't want to release the kind of stuff many of us are wishing for.

10. tonyballz

tonyballz Roogalator

I still think Ozzy's robe + boots outfit looks cool.

garythain, hi_watt and GRompre68 like this.
  11. According to the PopMarket website :

They have a daily deal for the LP set - $92.79 and the CD set - $42.79 plus applicable taxes.

Free domestic standard shipping (3 to 8 days).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    MetalPatchesVinyl and frank3si like this.
  12. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

I’m on the fence but if it’s definitely the Asbury Park Concert, I will buy.

is it confirmed to be that particular show?

13. MetalPatchesVinyl

MetalPatchesVinyl Forum Resident

That's great! I sold my soul and gave them my phone number to get the 10% off code, so that knocked another $10 off. That's as cheap as this is ever likely going to be before the release date, so I had to go for it.

DarkSideOfTheMoo likes this.
  14. You sold your soul for Rock 'n' Roll! (bad pun).

Which version did you go for -- the LP or the CD?

(I'm assuming the LP ?) :)

MetalPatchesVinyl likes this.
  15. MetalPatchesVinyl

MetalPatchesVinyl Forum Resident

Haha! Yup, I got the vinyl. Gotta match the two SDE sets I already bought.

DarkSideOfTheMoo likes this.
  16. Claus

Claus Senior Member

The price is the same as Vol.4 in Europe!

17. Have you considered reading previous posts in order to check?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
  18. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

That's great news. :laugh:

blacksabbathrainbow likes this.
  19. For someone like myself who’s never had this album on digital or the Asbury Park show in any format, preordering for C$47 was a no-brainer.

Jam757, Robotlove, GRompre68 and 3 others like this.
  20. Thank goody-goodness. I was perplexed at that info and figured I was going insane (which isn't difficult at this point)! :crazy:

I'm actually looking forward to this Box set. Much more so than the Vol. 4 Box. The book enters into equation as well.

I've only ever listened to the "Asbury Park '75" concert over crappy computer speakers (even then, Iommi's tone is magnificent). Perhaps even the latest remaster of the album proper will sound okay on my system. ?!?!?

The 4th CD containing the "singles" is still a stupid move, just to flesh out the Box. At $36, though, I'll bite that lure. It's my favorite Black Sabbath album.
    ____

As a side note : Is the CD Box of Vol. 4 already OOP? It fetching some crazy prices already.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    GRompre68 and MetalPatchesVinyl like this.
  21. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Best BS song... :p

22. Hilarious!

When I went to YouTube and saw the full title, I fell out laughing.

Thanks for this.

hi_watt likes this.
  23. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

I did read posts. Scrolled for a while. Yet on the official listing for the sale of the product it does not say Asbury Park. You’d think that before they sell an item for $100 they (as in Rhino) can be specific on the exact source of the live material. Or should not be a riddle. Only 3 live tracks were released before. Hmmm??? Let me guess. This is really silly.

MetalPatchesVinyl likes this.
  24. It is definitely silly. Regrettably it's not the first time this kind of stuff happens with Sabbath.

Ray29 likes this.
  25. meimnoone

meimnoone Forum Resident

There’s versions of the 75 show with the Air Raid siren very pronounced in War Pigs, a vocal fix on the first line of Killing Yourself To Live, both I believe were the versions broadcasted over the radio.
    Any info on if the original tapes are available, have they worked on it, or will they just release it as we pretty much know it?