Amazon AU price watch thread...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jimmy Agates, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Eskimo Chain

Eskimo Chain Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed....

DAFT PUNK - RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY 2XLP

$38 pre-order UK stock. Bit of an odd one this, I can't work out which pressing this is, seems to be European but as far as I know it hasn't been repressed recently and copies of this are quite collectable, prices on discogs even for the last repress average at about $70, so a bargain at that price.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/RANDOM-ACCESS-MEMORIES-DAFT-PUNK/dp/B00C061HZY

candyflip69 and Frightwig like this.
  2. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I’m looking for some cheap CD shelving that holds large numbers. Has anyone tried this one?

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/aw/d/B08HSVQVF2

Although the shelves are adjustable, it looks to be supplied with only enough shelves to hold DVDs, not CDs.

Any other suggestions?

3. Aussie pressing

Aussie pressing Forum Resident

I bought three shelves that look like that for my "music" room. The foot of the shelves is deeper, so I came up with the idea of turning it upside down, so that I can store large box sets on top. It worked out great.
    I bought mine from eBay though, for around $120, delivered.

croquetlawns and ispace like this.
  4. Aussie pressing

It's this one here: https://www.discogs.com/Daft-Punk-Random-Access-Memories/release/4570366
    I have it. It's an Optimal Media 2013 pressing. Not perfect (slightly warped) but not too bad.
    My favourite version of this album is the one they included on a USB stick with the super deluxe box of this album (Hi-Res 88.2khz/24bit).
    Great album to use when testing hi-fi equipment.

westcj, Eskimo Chain and ispace like this.
  5. westcj

westcj I'm like a wombat on the rampage

Manx is the man! Hard to describe his music - Indian influenced blues? Tours Australia regularly and is great live

siveld and Bonddm like this.
  6. westcj

Adjustable Book Storage Shelf Rack CD DVD Bluray Media Cabinet Bookshelf - White | eBay

These CD racks are good, fit over 1000 CDs, only catch is they are now $180, 12 months ago they were around $120

7. Aussie pressing

Eskimo Chain, Frightwig and westcj like this.
  8. Aussie pressing

9. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

I got this from them recently (about $16 then), and I haven't watched the DVD but the CDs are excellent - with an orchestra so lots of interesting arrangements and more obscure songs than other Weller live albums.

Frightwig and westcj like this.
  10. croquetlawns

11. westcj

12. westcj

I'm a bit of a technology dunderhead, how do you insert a picture into a forum reply?

13. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

It's basically Absolutely Live and all the other posthumous live stuff Warner's had put out at the time on two discs. I think there was something missing which upset fans but Doors fans are easily upset.

croquetlawns and westcj like this.
  14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

I use IMGUR as a host site and post links from there.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

croquetlawns likes this.
  15. croquetlawns

16. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

$2 at the Salvos!!!

croquetlawns likes this.
  17. westcj

Really appreciate the help Mylene , but I'm lost already! So if I take a photo of a record cover, file it on my computer, what do I do next?

18. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Put the photo on your screen, then hit 'add images' on IMGUR and a popup screen will appear, click 'browse' then click the image you want to upload, it'll uploaded it to IMGUR. Then click the uploaded photo and another pop-up will appear that says 'view and edit post', if you click the second box which says 'direct link' it'll copy the image.

Then click the box on this page (the reply box)above of the panorama (next to the smiley) and a popup will appear, copy the link into the box that says 'insert', then ,by magic, the image will appear on the page.

[​IMG]

19. westcj

20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Is this what you were trying to post???

[​IMG]

21. westcj

Many thanks Mylene, took me awhile but I got there, very good instructions, especially given my limited computer skills!
    The record is not as cool as your In Exotic Rhythms, but an example of of the unexplored genre- Australian 1970's Trucking Gospel records
    [​IMG]

croquetlawns and Mylene like this.
  22. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The guy who did the Exotic Rhythms EP's wife was a music teacher at our school and his son played in seminal Australian band Use No Hooks.

[​IMG]

westcj likes this.
  23. westcj

Very interesting, were they originally the Primitive Calculators?

Planet Records put out some great EPs

Mylene likes this.
  24. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Check out this incredible documentary about Melbourne rock 'n roll 1955 to 1965

westcj, sleeptalker and croquetlawns like this.
  25. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

The guitarist (Arnie Hanna) was in Whirlywirld, the guy from the Calculators was in a later lineup. I saw them at the Champion Hotel in Fitzroy and they blew the roof of the place.

westcj likes this.