The Mayans

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Aug 30, 2018.

1. ChazFromCali

ChazFromCali INTJ

I didn't ask why it's all Hispanic. I'm being sarcastic FFS. One biker soap opera was enough. The mine has been mined. No more biker soap opera's are needed, let someone else with some fresh ideas in already.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

now i wonder if he is still going to try and do the prequel to SOA lol

ChazFromCali likes this.
  3. ChazFromCali

ChazFromCali INTJ

Evidently there is a market for it so I bet we'll see it. As long as the moneymen at the network think it'll make $$ it'll be green-lighted.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Life is better with a biker soup opera to watch and live vicariously through :D. Bikes, babes, guns, drugs, fights :D.

5. Matthew Tate

kurt isn't involved with mayans now so maybe he will just step away from all of this

ChazFromCali likes this.
  6. ChazFromCali

ChazFromCali INTJ

I figured I would draw some fire for posting what I think of this series, but you guys have been quite polite. Thanks. ;-) I get it, some people may love Mayan's and think it's great. I'm not generally a thread-crapper but I just do not like this show.

For whatever it's worth, I loved S.O.A. when it started. But I think it's just the nature of episodic television shows, any TV show, to sort of devolve after awhile.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

unless they do something really great though i feel pretty much next season should be the last for mayans

Humbuster and ChazFromCali like this.
  8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yeah. Agree. But if you're going to make such a show, can't you at least put in the effort to have decent writing, direction, acting, editing, pay attention to such details as firearms and ammo, and make the characters true to their roles? I tried Mayans recently and didn't make it very far.

Brenald79 and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Dissidence likes this.
  10. leemelone

leemelone Forum Resident

I definitely think the writing has lost a step since Sutter left. I could help but roll my eyes when EZ gets shot, loses "a gallon of blood" and literally five minutes later in the episode he's riding his bike to the beach with Gaby. WTF? And I the only one who sees that she's probably going to get killed so EZ can save Emily?

Humbuster and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Farmer Mike

Farmer Mike Forum Resident

Having a little lecture about the quality of "Pulling Mussles From The Shell" 's bridge, as it plays on the radio was a pretty odd lead into a hit.
    Loved it!

marmalade166 likes this.
  12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

13. Matthew Tate

nice. i'd say wrap it up next year

14. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

This season has been disappointing so far-IMO. Alvarez has been wasted, as I thought when this Series started that he would be a major part of it. Now, it looks like he regrets leaving the Mayans MC to work for Miguel Galindo, but whatever the future is written for him on this Series, his character needs more screen time.

Miguel seeking revenge for the death of his Mother is too similar to when on SOA that Jax was all out of control seeking revenge for the death of Tara((and the 6th Season was when SOA went downhill, as the violence with Jax bent on revenge, was just senseless violence). Violence itself does not bother me at all, if it makes the Episodes better, i.e.-in the first 5 Seasons of SOA, like Opie’s Prison Death Scene and Tig’s Daughter Burned Alive Death Scene, but violence just for the sake of violence is not interesting to me. I am loving the AMC Series, Gangs of London(believe it was originally a BBC Series that aired a year earlier), and that is the Most Violent TV Series I have ever seen. A Few of the Deaths in the last week’s episode were brutal.

WTF is Lincoln Potter? His Scenes were some of the Most Compelling ones during the First 2 Seasons-IMO. Did the Actor, who plays him decide to leave the Series, as I had not read any such articles about it?

I still find Coco to be the most compelling Character in this Series, but he seems to be headed towards an eventual death, whether through his drug addiction, or murdered.

Apparently, the 4th Season will be the Final One, and I hope it focuses more on Alvarez. Miguel Galindo is just not that interesting(not sure if it is the Actor or the writing for this Character) to carry this Series. I certainly have no interest watching him him pursue his Revenge for the Death of his Mother Tour. Hope someone whacks his Wife(Emily) though, as her Scenes have been the most boring and annoying ones in this series-IMO. More Screen time for Adelita and less for Emily hopefully in the 4th Season, as interested to see her Revenge Tour.

Bring back Lincoln Potter:cussing:!

This 3rd Season has me wondering though, if the overall decline has been due to Sutter being removed during the 2nd Season, as the Showrunner(although, James was a Co-Showrunner the 1st 2 Seasons).

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Matthew Tate

I think sutter being gone is part of it

where did you hear season 4 is the last?

also I think the actor who plays potter might have opted out because of covid or has some health issues that he didn't want to risk it yet. that's just a guess but he could have "called " the other agents or something

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  16. TheSeldomSeenKid

I googled the Series and read one of the Articles on the Renewal for Season #4. I guess nothing is definitive, but at least James would know in advance how to write the 4th Season and what to do with the fate of certain characters, if he was informed that it would be the Final Season.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

I hope they get 7

Brenald79 likes this.
  18. TheSeldomSeenKid

That is a good point, as I thought The Mayans seemed to have returned early compared to other TV Dramas, as tried to figure out how and when these Episodes were made during Covid. The Walking Dead seemed to get around it by limiting the number of their Main Characters for each Episode, so while it hurt the quality of several of those Episodes, or just more boring like Carol and the Dog and Rat, I can see how and why those decisions were made.

Being Asthmatic myself(mainly just with Cats and some Breeds of Dogs as their Dander causes severe wheezing and would lose all breathing without a Rescue Inhaler, but not Daily Asthmatic, but knowing my Lungs are not Great), I would have opted out of doing the Show the past year, as I had been extremely careful(Just got my 2nd Pfizer Vaccine a week ago and ironically developed a Severe Cough 4 Days prior to my 1st Shot, but got a Covid Test and was Negative, and apparently my Physician was correct when on a Video Appointment, he thought I had an Upper Respiratory Infection, although I have been careful in Public Indoor Places with Covid, so seemed strange I got an Upper Respiratory Infection, which I usually only get in December/January).

I would not blame Ray McKinnon(Lincoln Potter) or any other Actors on the Show(or any Show) to opt out the past year(2020). Covid is no joke, and tragic seeing what is happening currently in India.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Matthew Tate

yeah i have no knowledge thats what happened but you never know. he still could have recorded a few phone messages for them to play at certain times this year like he was calling characters

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  20. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

DAAAAAAMN!!!

Matthew Tate and marmalade166 like this.
  21. Matthew Tate

yeah intense episode

Scope J likes this.
  22. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Never saw Steve as a member of an MC.

23. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

And I have a bad feeling about the whole "Nails" story line. Don't think that will end well.

And how long can somebody who is passed out keep their head underwater while full of drugs and booze before dying or at least suffering some major brain damage?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Well that was pretty damn intense.

Looking forward to season 4.

marmalade166 and Matthew Tate like this.
  25. TheSeldomSeenKid

Lincoln Potter is Back:pineapple:.

Maybe it was Covid Fear that kept him from participating in all of the other Episodes in this past Season.

Almost got my wish in the prior Episode that the annoying Emily would be killed off.

The Seasom Finale did step its game up compared to most of the Episodes this Season.

I assume that Alvarez will return to his MC in the Final Season.

Matthew Tate likes this.