The Falcon and The Winter Soldier

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jeff Kent, Mar 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I was underwhelmed with Wandavision.

I'm watching Falcon and The Snowman but not sure how I feel about it.

I really wish MCU didnt do the Blip because now it's like every show is just going to be dealing with its repercussions. Maybe The Timekeepers in Loki can fix this so we can move on?

I like John Walker cap. He's the only person I find interesting. And Nemo, of course. Walker has made a mistake, but I think he's trying his best. I actually wouldnt mind him redeeming himself and remaining Cap for awhile. Give him a longer arc. Even in the comics he was Cap for a couple years before the shield went back to Steve Rogers. Why rush it?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  2. Detroit Rock Citizen

Detroit Rock Citizen RetroDawg Digital

I can't unsee his real life father. My fault not his.

dlokazip, BeatleJWOL and Lownote30 like this.
  3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Marc & Kev talk to Ed Brubaker:

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Only 1 episode left.

I also was underwhelmed by Wandavision.

This one has been up and down.

First episode I loved.

Zemo and Sharon Carter were good additions. Daniel and Emily are both very good actors.

David Campbell likes this.
  5. Detroit Rock Citizen

I love both. I think Wanda Vision was a little too cerebral for the average consumer though. It's going to be a cult favorite for sure. While more conventional F&WS has been fantastic. The addressing of racial injustice is timely and needed. Yes; a black man can be Captain America. Jackie Robinson was Captain America. Muhammad Ali was Captain America. Martin Luther King was Captain America.

Vidiot, BZync, David Campbell and 4 others like this.
  6. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you're not following New Rockstars you may have missed this...

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  7. vince

The guy from Heavy Spoilers brought it up , too.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

80/20 since his real life father also played a resident of the MCU. :laugh:

[​IMG]

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  9. Detroit Rock Citizen

good point.

10. All of that makes sense and it would still tie into the the main plot.

Detroit Rock Citizen likes this.
  11. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Well... its over.

Everything turned out as expected. Even the Power Broker "twist" was seen coming a mile away.

I didn't find the villains interesting at all nor fully understood their cause, which really hurt my enjoyment of the show.

I like John Walker, though, and I hope he gets more opportunities to be a hero in the future (even if he is unknowingly being manipulated by an evil doer).

I dunno. I guess I'll give Loki a try but I'm just not feeling it with these new TV shows.

12. Detroit Rock Citizen

I have to say I loved both WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Sue me.

Stormrider77, davenav, Vidiot and 5 others like this.
  13. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Ok. You've been served.

14. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Haha, nice slip! I think of that old film every time somebody mentions this show.

15. vince

rockclassics and altaeria like this.
  16. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I for one loved this series. I haven't started Wandavision yet but plan to. I also don't see a problem with the blip having long term consequences beyond just Endgame and Spider-man Far from home. I mean half the universe population disappeared for five years,then they came back. That's something you can't just handwave away at the earliest convenience just to get back to an easier to digest status quo. Nor should they.

One of my biggest criticisms with Marvel is that the movies had gotten into a pattern where by the end everything was back to status quo and our heroes were untouched and there was an ever apparent lack of lasting consequences and stakes. That started to shift with Civil War, but really changed in a big way with Infinity War. I was half expecting Endgame was going to undo that completely, and I was pleasantly surprised when they didn't. Yes,eventually there will be some aspects that will fade away or get a soft reset as is the nature of Superhero story telling on the big and small screen and in the comics,but I frankly wouldn't mind if the next phase of marvel take the blip ball and run with it. Show us the consequences of what occurred on a galactic level. Remember it just wasn't Earth that got blipped it was the entire cosmos. I'm hoping both the upcoming Thor and Guardians sequels show this.

If they use the Loki series to reset or undo partially what took place in IW and Endgame like some here seem to want to happen,it's a missed opportunity in my opinion.

Stormrider77, BeatleJWOL and Curveboy like this.
  17. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I thought the WandaVision finale fizzled, but The Falcon and The Winter Soldier hit every mark. The really brought something cinematic to television, with a great story, characters and what had to be the best special effects to ever grace a show, broadcast or streaming.

18. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

First episode was pretty good at least. Then it went downhill.
    These two Disney Marvel shows is a far cry from the Netflix Marvel shows.
    I'll give Loki a chance though. Not expecting anything.

The blip people returning was a terrible idea in Endgame.
    Why isn’t there a full blown WWIII going on as a result of that?

Shawn likes this.
  19. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Man I can't agree...I think the Falcon/Winter Soldier is one of the finest stories to come out of Marvel. It was very deep on so many levels, and the action scenes were amazing.

20. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Think if they could have kept the original schedule, I would be be more optimistic for the future. Falcon was ok, too much by the numbers, Wanda much better and Loki looks best yet. We’ll see ...

marmalade166 likes this.
  21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I would bet that more about the Blip and what could be "reset" this December with Spiderman: No Way Home. There's a good rumor that there will be multiple Spidermans and multiple Universes in this story, which figures since it also involves Dr. Strange. Remember that Doctor Strange said there were "exactly 14,000,605 different futures" in Avengers: Infinity War, so we can assume there might be that many different versions of the Marvel characters and our world out there... maybe even worlds where Spiderman is older, or Spiderman doesn't exist yet, or Spiderman doesn't exist at all.

22. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

If the rumors about Maguire and Garfield showing up as their respective Peter Parker incarnations are true, that movie along with the upcoming Doctor Strange movie will be about establishing the multiverse in earnest. Similar to what DC seems to be doing in saying "all the past DC movies happened, just on parallel realities" ,Marvel will do that as well,if anything to allow stuff like Deadpool 3 to happen under the Marvel umbrella. Also to acknowledge the Fox Marvel films (mostly the X-men movies) as being a part of their legacy without having to weave them into the already existing continuity.

I also do wonder how the X-Men characters are going to fit into what's been established within the main MCU. They are going to do their own take apart from the fox films,but it would be tough establishing Mutants having existed in the background of what we've seen of the MCU. It's own pocket universe where The Avengers don't exist and the X-men are its main heroes is one way. Then, in a decade once enough is developed, is the inevitable multiverse crossover event film "Avengers vs. X'-men" .

They could use that to soft reboot the blip away,but if that happens it'll be inconsequential to what this seems to be shaping up...which is opening up the Marvel multiverse where "everything happened. Yes even those sucky Fantastic Four,Daredevil and Punisher movies".

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  23. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I can't wait. Maybe we'll get to the point where these things embrace how weird the comics can get and things get even less grounded than they already were. See how long people can keep up. :D

24. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

I thought the final episode was quite a let-down overall, Falcon's speech felt really forced (in its execution). I generally agree with this analysis, it's like an episode was skipped between 5 and 6 somehow:

25. Just watch Flash if you want to witness that ;)

Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.