The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Just did a binge rewatch of all five seasons of Chuck. At this point I have found peace with the finale.

CatManDude likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The 80's Twilight Zone... the last DVD!
    next up...Outer Limits Blu-ray boxes!

maui jim and Karnak like this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Biography: Stone Cold Steve Austin on A&E.

4. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Kim's Convenience and The Connors are the only shows I go out of my way for

5. George P

George P Notable Member

So sad to see Kim's go. Luckily, there will be a spin off show with one of my favorite characters, Shannon. The actor who played Kimchee will also be on a new show, though not a spin off of Kim's.

Kim's Convenience spinoff in the works at CBC - NOW Magazine

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  6. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

Yeah I guess all was ready for season 6 of Kim's Convenience. actors signed and ready to go, and the writer/producers pulled the plug. Lot of fans upset at that turn of events, but maybe better to quit a year early, than a year too late.

7. CatManDude

CatManDude Forum Existent

Funny. I came here to post about Chuck and this is the first post I saw. :)

I actually just finished Chuck last night. My kids and I have had a ritual over the past year that when they visit, we get takeout and watch Chuck. I've thoroughly enjoyed the series, though I felt that the last season was a bit hard to take. I did, however, like the finale. I liked how they tied things up, but not with a nice little bow.

malcolm reynolds likes this.
  8. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Mythbusters on Discovery+

9. Hadean75

Air Disasters on Paramount+

10. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Wakefield (season 1) This show, about a psychiatric nurse who gets crazier as his patients improve, is a hard slog at first because of the non linear timeline and the multiple characters but, by episode 5, it pays off in spades.

11. MikaelaArsenault

Biography: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

The Outer Limits Season One Blu-ray...

maui jim likes this.
  13. Rocat

Rocat Do you realise, this world is totally fugazi.

Scope J likes this.
  14. George P

George P Notable Member

Rocat likes this.
  15. guitargal

guitargal Forum Resident

Academy Awards

Didn't watch the entire show, no patience for those long awards ceremonies anymore. Especially since we haven't exactly been going to the movies this year. So whenever things got boring, I kept switching back and forth between YouTube videos . But I wanted to see some highlights .
    Ah ....tbh I really was only there to see Harrison Ford :), who still strides up to the podium with an agile and energetic step.

Also saw some really outlandish dresses - in particular, one that looked like a cross between a tattered work shirt and the Liberty bell. I did feel, however, from watching the clips, that the best actress, actor and movie really did deserve the wins.

The high point of the evening, for me, and I think for many others , was the speech for the humanitarian award given by Tyler Perry. I don't really know much about him, nor did I know his connection to charitable work.
    But he really spoke from the heart and touched my heart - with uplifting words that were a salve to the spirit. An inspiring speech about striving to be our best selves; and that no matter how different we may be within the spectrum of humanity- the importance of meeting each other not with hate- but with love and understanding and compassion . :hugs:

16. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

you also need to watch these 2 briliant shows

Dark (cause of the brilliant mindf.uck going on)
    Succession (because it is so relevant today)

ubiknik likes this.
  17. MikaelaArsenault

Cops: Reloaded on REELZ

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  18. Hadean75

How It's Made on Discovery+

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  19. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Dead To Me
    Season 2, Episode 4
    (Impressions in Spoiler.)

[​IMG]

Started strong, but since have found it to be a drop-off since Season 1. The writing not meeting high standards of first season. Characters have become caricatures of themselves. Christina Applegate & Linda Cardellini have the acting chops & have certainly nailed these characters, but there's no nuance in this Season. The brusque & pragmatic Jen (Christina A.) hurls lots of expletives impatiently while Judy (Linda C.) is the kooky, hippie-ish, doe-eyed pie-in-the-sky sensitive weird mystic foil, which actress Susan Rattan has often played such a character so well. I don't believe it's merely that I'm already familiar w/these characters. I can see we're supposed to glean how they learn from each other, adapting & conforming to, while appreciating each others' strengths - I don't need to be hit over the head. More of Holly-weird's dumbing down to pander to an audience which has gotten used to reality (over scripted) shows & I guess they suppose won't be able to discern intelligent subtlety. Additionally, perhaps it's also related to just how much screen-time they have w/each other... There's so little interaction of main characters w/other cast, which I'm finding a bit tedious & am not enraptured while viewing. There was more interaction w/other characters in Season 1. Perhaps Netflix conserving costs of hiring more actors. I'm not a binge-watcher, but usually limit viewing to 2 episodes per show. I remember first season I was eager for viewing next episodes. I've been watching this on & off now for about 2 months - it's not must see tv for me, though I will continue to weave it into viewing, while it's certainly not a prominent one. I know it made it to a green-lit Season 3, so there's still hope it gets better.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  20. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I haven't seen every episode but "Young Rock" has been pretty funny so far.

jlocke08 likes this.
  21. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

Deutschland '89

Ended with a whimper rather than a bang.

Obviously the "will the HVA succeed in assassinating Kohl and preventing German reunification, or will Martin stop them single handed despite every spy agency in Eastern Europe being against him" wasn't really of an edge of the seat plot. But the real downer was that they neglected the more human stories that gave the first two series some heart.

22. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

The Nevers. If you like Joss Whedon chances are you will like this.

maui jim likes this.
  23. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

I have been binge-watching a British crime series 'Line Of Duty'. It has been a fantastic, gritty series and next week is the Series 6 finale. Highly recommend this program.

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  24. MrCJF

MrCJF Best served with coffee and cake.

I was extremely annoyed to tune into last Sunday's 'final' episode only to find they'd extended this series to seven episodes instead of six.

JCRW likes this.
  25. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Not sure Iā€™m gonna continue. Oscars knocked out my Sunday routine. Gonna give Mare series one more ep