More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I knew I was missing something here at the ranch. I must find a door for my wine cellar..... :D

2. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

For the first time ever, I have purchased a signed autographed album online as all of my prior items were all personally obtained and signed in person in front of me.
    This is Peter Frampton's signed copy of his new album entitled Frampton Forgets the Words.
    Here is a GIF of Frampton actually signing the albums so I was confident of this purchase.

[​IMG]

Here is a close up of the signature on my album and the album itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had not added anything to my collection in quite a while and given Covid-19, I figured I would push the button on this one.
    I saw Peter Frampton in June 1977 in Philly where Frampton Comes Alive was still a big hit album at that time.

3. Davosco

Davosco Senior member

My favorite newsman was Mike Wallace and he is a favorite among the forum based on a thread from last month on who would you like to meet from tv.

In 2005, I met Mike Wallace in NYC and he signed his book "Between You and Me" for me.
    Noting he is Mr. 60 Minutes, I told him one of my favorite shows was Biography which aired in syndication on WPIX in NY in the late 60s. (I was too young for the first run CBS episodes in 1963).
    He told me I was the first to note that to him that day and he was extremely proud of his work on that program. He also said they tried their best to get the biography subject to participate in the episodes whenever possible.

My fav episode was the Jackie Robinson one which had Jackie co-narrating and Branch Rickey speaking in it. (Did not know his older brother Mack won silver behind Jesse Owens who got gold in the 1936 Olympics.)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

roverb, Percy Song, omikron and 2 others like this.
  4. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Bob Dylan - Forever Young (1993)

5. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

I don’t have any Beatles stuff so I’m not sure they count. But here are a few,

A Ella Fitzgerald Russian 45 signed by Ella
    Cheech n Chong with the record and big rollling paper both signed
    Huey Lewis first album signed by the full band
    AC/DC Back in Black signed by the full band
    Hunker Du promo pic signed by all three
    Judy Garland best of with signature
    Stevie Wonder best of with signature
    Zep 2 signed by Jimi and John inside gate
    Stones Some Girls full band
    Queen News full band
    Mohammad Ali the greatest with his sig
    Van Halen 1984 full band

6. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Nice!

7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

King Crimson ~ “Islands” Instrumental

8. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Are you able to post photos we can drool over?

Maranatha5585, omikron and oboogie like this.
  9. Maranatha5585

Daniel Lanois ~

oboogie and longdist01 like this.
  10. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

People have explained the photo posting but i was unable to do it when I tried previously.

I’m not big on the signature thing. A friends landlord went to jail and had a whole basement full of stuff he was trying to get rid of. He knew I liked music and now I have a few signed records. The Ella one, to me, is super cool. Real Russiany graphic. Love that one. The Husker Du one I bought years ago. Love the band and their photo is so trippy.

longdist01 likes this.
  11. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]

The Robert Cray Band - In My Soul signed cover for CD release from 2014. Another fine album from Robert Cray!
    The album was Produced by Steve Jordan, drummer on Keith Richards Solo work, plus in dangerous house band on David Letterman!

Davosco, Percy Song, oboogie and 4 others like this.
  12. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

oboogie likes this.
  13. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

Unfortunately my intentions were ruined by a work emergency which occupied me so much that I didn’t even think about the auction until it had finished. I bet Bob has never has to deal with that crap.
    Annoying for various reasons and it seems to have gone reasonably cheaply too.

Maranatha5585, oboogie and omikron like this.
  14. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Sorry to hear that. We’ve all been there.

These days, if it’s something important, I’ll take time off work, to ensure I have no distractions for even a quick, but time-sensitive, purchase. Because Sod’s law dictates that a work emergency will crop up at exactly the wrong time.

15. Kernow Boy

Kernow Boy I don't like it

Here is a piece of Kinks Kinkdom Kome notepaper hand signed by the four original members Ray, Mick Avory, Pete Quaife and Dave Davies. [​IMG]

16. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Very nice, thank you for sharing a cool piece of Kinks history!

17. Maranatha5585

S.S. Central America - 1857 ** RARE SUNKEN Treasure *
    'Ship Of GOLD' * Official "Double Pinch'' of pure gold dust from the pursers vault
    safe. This was the last of the artifacts found during the second expedition . RARE!
    the hurricane rose up 0ff N.C. taking the S.S.C.A. along with countless other major ships.
    The actual CA. gold dust (nuggets) come from the California gold rush period. The term
    'double pinch' was a standard payment in the saloons.. the heavy set fat fingered bartender
    was what you hoped for..
    c., 1857.

[​IMG]

The verso displays the recovered ships bell, and is signed by chief scientist of the first expedition
    Bob Evans .
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  18. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan ~ "Days of 49" Acetate Owned By Dylan
    Beautiful personally owned and used in the production of "Self Portrait".
    U.S. Columbia Records .. Original 10'' 33 rpm, "Days of Forty Nine'' P.D. acetate.
    'PD' - public domain.. I'm a fool for all things civil war/ CA gold rush history, unique
    trinkets and artifacts. RARE! I love what Bob did with this old classic tale.
    c., 1970.

[​IMG]

19. Maranatha5585

20. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

Two show specific concert posters that I was able to obtain from Paul shows I've been too.

First up is from a 2016 Cincinnati show that my father and I went to. This was the big one. Third row and soundcheck. Incredible experience that likely will never occur again for me.

The poster came with an obligatory concert badge along with branded blanket and canvas cooler as part of the soundcheck package.

Poster is 11x16. #14 of 175.

I wonder which one my dad has? He has the same set of goodies.

[​IMG]

Next is the most recent show I have been to of Paul's. 2019 in Lexington. Snuck that one in right before covid, Paulie!

They made show specific posters for each tour stop this time available for sale at the stands. Each city had specific artwork which I thought was brilliant. Great idea.

This one is 18x25. #83/100. Both of these are hand-numbered by the way. Low total on this one! There aren't many for sale of these on ebay from any city. Some jerk is selling fakes even.

[​IMG]

Both of these babies are for sure getting hung in the throne room.

Davosco, Percy Song, mrjinks and 5 others like this.
  21. omikron

omikron Avid contributor to Paul McCartney's bank account

I love album or band specific stationary!

I'd love it even more if I owned some with autographs like this on it! Nice.

It was such a cool thing to do. Send out some memo on your album stationary. Like your unwittingly sending out a piece of paper worth thousands some day and you don't even realize it. I'm glad people kept this kind of stuff.

22. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Heritage Auctions has a bunch of items up currently....unfortunately I can just share the pictures...gonna have skip these beauties this year.

The Beatles Yesterday And Today
    (bids currently at 15,000)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This copy was produced in Scranton, Pennsylvania on the East Coast. Another way to tell is the word "Stereo" on the label. The 0 is round. On the west coast pressings the 0 is more of an oval shape. The factory number #2 is found on the back bottom right corner. Approximately 60-80 percent of all Beatles records were pressed by Capitol Records at the East Coast pressing plant. Also includes the original inner sleeve dust jacket and a copy of the recall letter. This opportunity does not come around anymore so be sure and add this spectacular example to the collection. Condition: NM / NM (still in original shrink).

Davosco, Percy Song, oboogie and 3 others like this.
  23. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

The Beatles 1966 Dodger Stadium Second-to-Last-Ever Concert Poster.

[​IMG]
    An original concert poster for The Beatles playing in Los Angeles, California at the L.A. Dodgers baseball stadium on Sunday, August 28, 1966 - the penultimate show of their entire career. Their next and last stop was Candlestick Park, San Francisco the following night.

This is a unique Beatles concert poster in many ways, and wildly popular with collectors, although almost nobody has it. Much, much rarer than the Beatles' Candlestick Park poster from the next day, this has rarity on a par with the Beatles' Shea Stadium poster from five days earlier... as in, just one handful known to have survived.

Printed on thick yellow paper, this poster measures 11 1/8" x 14 5/8" and grades to restored Very Good Plus condition. The corners were damaged and needed repair because the original owner pulled it down off a pole right there in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium. COA from Heritage Auctions.

Davosco, Percy Song, oboogie and 3 others like this.
  24. Maranatha5585

The Grid / Fripp ~ "FIRE TOWER ..
    From the upcoming collaboration album, "Leviathan''
    c., 2021.

omikron, Percy Song, Jonpd and 2 others like this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Ringo tells the fans to PREPARE !
    “The Beatles Is Coming “

DODGER STADIUM L.A. ~ 1966
    WOW! Killer-diller!
    [​IMG]
    I remember seeing this piece in real time as a kid in L.A.

Great post Paul :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021