Yes Union Live 30 disc megaset

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tonylevin'ssuitcase, Feb 26, 2021.

1. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

Just the 30 disc monster set and the 4LP Shoreline set. The Gonzo 2 CD edition from 2011 (also Shoreline) isn't too hard to find. Discogs has a few used copies for a little over $30.

The Gonzo deluxe set had the complete Denver and Pensacola shows on one DVD. Denver was pro-shot with a VERY rough stereo mix - an edited version with an improved mix eventually ended up on television - and Pensacola is an audience bootleg, which I'm guessing is the same source used on the new set. The broadcast of the Denver show MIGHT have caused some rights issues that prevented that show's inclusion in the new set, but that's just speculation on my part.

KngCrmsn22 and Bill007 like this.
  2. ausamerika

ausamerika Forum Resident

Welllllll the Denver show - on reviewing - was no pristine document of a band at their peak. Lots of stumbles.

I forgot until I watched this that this was during Bruford's electronic drums phase.

Fred1 likes this.
  3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

can’t do anything about the electric drums. The ABWH live album is unlistenable because of them. But otherwise the Denver performance is solid. I don’t know when the best performances of the tour were, but this one is much better and more spirited than Shoreline.

ausamerika likes this.
  4. Mang

Mang Forum Resident

Anyone have the “Say Yes” boot? Sounds great but I think it’s sped up a bit. Maybe from a Wembly show?

5. lurdang

lurdang Active Member

Say Yes is indeed Wembley, same date as the FM broadcast but recorded from the audience. There's also a "soundboard" version upped on dime a couple of years back which has the same reduced set as broadcast but with the complete performance of Awaken.

Interesting that Stuttgart is on three cds since the broadcast was only 70 mins. Unless they augment it with the audience recording, which would be a big disappointment.

Omission of Denver is a glaring error. To see how good it could have been, watch Shock To The System and the Awaken excerpt on Yesyears DVD. True that the previous Union Live release used the bootleg video version, which was very lazy, but it was a notch up from the standard boot copies circulating. Plus it had bonus 5.1 audio mixed for the missing mountain view songs (bar 2nd half of AYAI) which was cool.

So actually the delux 2011 release with 2xDVD and 2xCD had more interesting new stuff than the forthcoming 30 discs!

6. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

With the latest update it appears that the Denver DVD is now included and we're now up to 32 total discs.

Looking forward to this!

ARK and apple-richard like this.
  7. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

How does one search for Yes on Dime?

8. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Is the vinyl set really the only way to get the full Shoreline show?

9. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Me too! I ordered the Mega Set as soon as it was announced. The fact that Rick Wakeman gives his blessing is good enough for me.

Fred1 and Rufus rag like this.
  10. bodicus

bodicus Forum Resident

imarcq and Reese like this.
  11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

search for ‘Roundabout’. I don’t think they’ve ever not played it since it’s release.

slipkid likes this.
  12. EndlessRiver

EndlessRiver Forum Resident

I didn’t see announcement officially that Denver is being added to the box set. Probably too late but would be great thanks for sharing

13. EndlessRiver

EndlessRiver Forum Resident

Anyone else pre-order? This looks like a great box set. Anyone know if this box is limited to a certain #? 3000?

apple-richard likes this.
  14. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I just hope I get one. I've been stiffed on limited pre-orders before. This looks way to cool to pass up. No idea on quantity.

15. TwentySmallCigars

I got it in an e-mail with an update on shipping from Gonzo. I can't seem to save any of the images from the e-mail but if you want to send me a PM, I'll forward you the entire thing.

16. mikeh69

mikeh69 Forum Resident

Actually this is all that's in it ... They cant fit one sh0w on one disc but three ? DVD 5's
    CDx2+DVD: Pensacola Civic Centre 9th April 1991
    CDx3: Worcester Centrum, Worcester, MA 17th April 1991
    CDx2+DVD: Nassau Colosseum 20th April 1991
    CDx3: Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle, Stuttgart, Germany 31st May 1991 (FM Broadcast)
    CDx3: Wembley Arena, UK (2 Discs) 29th June 1991 FM Broadcast + Star Lake Amphitheatre 24th July 1991
    CDx3: Alpine Valley Music Theatre, Wisconsin 26th July 1991
    CDx2+DVD: Madison Square Gardens, NYC 15th July 1991
    CDx3 Spectrum Theatre, Philadelphia, 12th July 1991
    CDx2+DVD: Shoreline Amphitheatre (Remastered) 8th August 1991
    CDx3: Yokohama Bunka Taiikukan 4th March 1992

Oh christ bootlegs on CD's .. Watch this stuff on You Tube ... I was at the MSG show even better seats where the guy was filming I was direct front row C like the round stage was completely center with my vision I wish it wasn't so long ago... The more I know Yes is over the more sad I become... The final bang of Awaken just played. My last Yes show was in fact at MSG 2004 when Mother Earth walked on the stage holding Jon's head with prayer I knew this was the end of Yes... It was just too intense. The band looked confused or annoyed but I loved that moment. Then I made a run for the train hearing Starship Trooper fade into the night.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    dzjc and Doggiedogma like this.
  17. TwentySmallCigars

The update I got on May 3 lists the contents as:

CDx3+DVD: Pensacola Civic Centre 9th April 1991 (4 discs)
    CDx2+DVD: Worcester Centrum, Worcester, MA 17th April 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx2+DVD: Nassau Coliseum 20th April 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx3: Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle, Stuttgart, Germany 31st May 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx2: Wembley Stadium, UK 29th June 1991 (2 discs)
    CDx2+DVD: Madison Square Gardens, NYC 15th July 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx2+DVD McNichols Sports Arena, Denver 9th May 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx2+DVD: Shoreline Amphitheatre 8th August 1991 (3 discs)
    CDx2: Bunka Taiikukan, Yokohama 4th March 1992 (2 discs)
    CDx2: Alpine Valley Music Theatre, Wisconsin 26th July 1991 (2 discs)
    CDx4: Bonus Tracks: Live, Soundchecks, Radio Shows and Rehearsals (4 discs)
    includes:
    Live: Spectrum Theatre, Philadelphia, 12th July 1991
    Soundchecks: Pensacola, 9th April 1991; East Rutherford, 14th April 1991; Montreal, 24th April 1991; Chicago, 5th May, 1991; Phoenix, 11th May 1991; Munich, 30th May 1991; Frankfurt, 29th May 1991; Birmingham, 26th June 1991
    Interviews: 'Up Close', U.S. radio shows

There are photos of all of these sets included in the e-mail. Don't know why the website hasn't been updated.

18. TwentySmallCigars

19. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

If you're typing on a desktop or laptop computer, right-click your mouse on the online image you want to use. (It has to be online, not one of your own files.) Click "Copy Image" on the popup menu. Then paste the copied image into your message.
    Alternatively, you can copy the web address of the image and then paste that image into the little landscapy thing next to the smiley face above the text box where you type your post. Anyway, here are the images.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

The Shorline show CD/DVD isn't the complete show, yet the vinyl is?

21. TwentySmallCigars

Thanks for the images. Just for the record, I had to do a 'capture screenshot' and then save the images as png files. Just right clicking wouldn't work.

22. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

The picture on amazon has ten sets, the 4-cd bonus set is missing.:confused:

23. TwentySmallCigars

The amazon listing has old photos and the old tracklist.

Shvartze Shabbos and alakulju like this.
  24. Mang

Mang Forum Resident

I was there too my friend - last time I saw the band. Incredible energy - the crowd went bananas

25. alakulju

alakulju Music is the best! - FZ

Yes, this is not my favorite era of Yes.
    Yes, all of this may be freely available on some semi-legal download sites (where exactly, I don't know).
    Yes, I already have the Union Live 2-cd + 2-dvd set released by Gonzo in 2011.
    But such a beautiful 26-cd +6-dvd package delivered to my front door just for 132 euros... I pulled the trigger:wiggle:

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    warewolf95, PIGGIES, Mang and 6 others like this.