Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

This has happened to me before where the replacement is shipped the same way as the original and both get damaged. I've heard various reasons. One, it may have something to do with the warehouse that it is being sent from.

I've heard another reason that items get coded in their systems to be packed in certain types of packages. Since the Amazon worker basically just follows the direction from the machines, they don't use any forethought that a certain type of package will damage the item. They simply go with what the coding says. The problem is that some warehouses will code certain LPs to be sent in a baggie with no protection. The stupidity lies with whoever or however they code certain products.

Another reason could be that it takes more time to make up a box and it is quicker to grab a baggie. They are probably checked based on how many items they pack and scan per hour (like in a Wal-Mart or grocery store). They probably have some type of quota.

Lastly, I've heard that the worker is either lazy and doesn't care but I don't really have any proof of that. Unless you have worked in an Amazon facility, you can't really attest to the work ethic there. That's just the common answer people give when their stuff gets damaged due to poor packaging.

I think the real reason is the system coding.

slipkid, fluffskul, marcb and 9 others like this.
  2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

3. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

That's probably your warehouse. All of the Clubhouse aren't Stanley Turrentine. I ordered Clubhouse within the past 6 weeks and got Clubhouse.

latheofheaven likes this.
  4. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

Well, yes. I'm sure someone did but I'm reasonably sure I wouldn't if I ordered again.

I had the same thing happen 2 or 3 years ago and got the same wrong record twice.

5. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Supposedly you can send an email to [email protected]

Shawn, Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  6. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

hutlock, SJP, fretter and 1 other person like this.
  7. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

P Groove is a great band from NE USA. Too bad they don't tour the country that much. I've seen them on a jam cruise and live in Madison WI. They sort of come and go. More of the go.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  8. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I got on the Chat with them & got transferred up 2 times to some manager, she says they are putting together some sort of Bulletin to look into why this is happening & they will try & stop it from continuing , who knows if there will be any results , they are sending out another fro tomorrow, my guess is it will be in a bag ................... we'll see :righton:

I've certainly worked in places that had a quota when i was younger & that certainly can be tough , the one's that come to me in lp mailers seem like they may be pre-packaged to be picked already in the lp mailers as they always have a barcoded sticker on them with the lp name , Hopefully this "bag" is not the future as i can't see many of us not sending them back & eventually stop buying from them .

9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

SJP, latheofheaven and GentleSenator like this.
  10. If I had to guess there’s some algorithm that analyzes shipping cost vs. rate of return on different packaging types and whatever is most financially advantageous wins. It can shift over time as returns for a specific item/type of items increase/decrease.

11. DapperGentleman

DapperGentleman Forum Resident

A couple of things happened this week on Amazon for me:

1) I bought a full-priced LP through Amazon, and they sent me an Amazon Warehouse LP instead. The price was very low on Amazon, that's why I bought it, but I wasn't expecting the Warehouse item. It was in the Warehouse baggie, with the Warehouse barcode, and was clearly used. I was disappointed but not heartbroken.
    2) As an aside, I almost never return anything to stores. It's just not in my nature. However, I recently managed to double-buy a book on Amazon. I had no idea how easy it was to return. It had been over a month, but the book is new and unread. Amazon's online return form is simple; they instantly apply the book's original cost toward a new purchase from my Amazon shopping cart (so, load your replacement item into the shopping cart before you begin the return process), and it cost me nothing. I don't even have to pack it. I bring the book to my local UPS Store, they will wrap it and return it at no expense to me, and the replacement item is already on its way to me.

I can see how the returns process could be abused. I'm sure Amazon has algorithms that track customers and returns and such, but this was certainly painless, so far.

12. DailyHiFi

DailyHiFi Forum Resident

13. japes

japes Senior Member

14. theclipper

theclipper Forum Resident

dcarwin likes this.
  15. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Cut by Chris Bellman, sounds fantastic. Go for it!

16. Beeg

Beeg Forum Resident

17. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Thank you! I bought a $50 gift card + received the $15 promotion + received 5% rewards for using my Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card.

18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I assumed it was the newest based on the release date. Glad there are a few here who are jumping on the deal!

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  19. fretter

fretter Forum Resident

Saw Black Sabbath's Paranoid cd today for $5, regular edition (no extras). A few others in that range, too, like Ride the Lightning.

Looks like Paranoid is two bucks more now, SBS still 5.

superstar19 likes this.
  20. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

And my 3rd copy of Gary moore's new lp .......... yep in a bag & bent corners .................. UNREAL , three going back this week.

[​IMG]

sennj and latheofheaven like this.
  21. hutlock

Yep—they recorded two albums at the same time. This one came out in March, then an EP (Shadow of Funk), then a whole second album (BN9Drone). An awfully productive Spring for sure!

EDIT: I say “they” but in reality CV is now just Richard H Kirk.

22. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Terrible, just terrible Bro... Geez, you'd think that you were in Ohio or something... :shake:

Davidmk5 and hutlock like this.
  23. hutlock

Hey don’t jinx me bro! I haven’t gotten the dreaded Baggie from Hell yet!!!

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  24. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

:D

***EDIT

That's funny @aoxomoxoa told me that you guys scored stuff in 'baggies' all the time...

25. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

I hope the Amazon discount was massive, or else surely the time and hassle spent dealing with that has negated it.

Davidmk5 likes this.