Nancy Sinatra Reissue Campaign via Light In The Attic [Coming 2021]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FJFP, Oct 8, 2020.

1. 2scoops

2scoops Forum Resident

Would that be Swordfish or Polar Bear in Brum? Would be grateful for the info, thanks

2. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Hi. yes, Steve at Polar Bear, Kings Heath, will be open on Tuesday midday (closed on Mondays)

FJFP likes this.
  3. 2scoops

2scoops Forum Resident

Excellent, many thanks for the reply. He has stocked some great jazz items in the past, looking forward to browsing again!

johnnybrum likes this.
  4. AnalogueAndy

AnalogueAndy Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! I missed the initial offering through Nancy’s Boutique website and figured I’m out of luck on the CD-book offering. Followed your link to Banquet Records, placed an order and it shipped today. Yes, paid a few dollars more but, c’mon: it’s NANCY!!!

Echo, RSteven, FJFP and 1 other person like this.
  5. DEAN OF ROCK

DEAN OF ROCK Forum Resident

I ordered the regular CD item direct from LITA and it was finally shipped on 4/9. It has yet to arrive and there has been no USPS tracking update since 4/13. I’m dealing with Carolina in customer service..... guess I will have to place a phone call later today.

I’m guessing the item got lost in transit at this point.....

6. This is an excellent podcast! Thanks for putting it together, it really illustrates the mono/stereo differences.

RSteven and FJFP like this.
  7. FJFP

FJFP Host for the 'Mixology' Mix Differences Podcast Thread Starter

Thanks! When LITA drop the Nancy & Lee remaster, I'll be taking a little look at that album to cover all the stray mixes issued in '66, '67 & '68 too.

Shawn likes this.
  8. John22

John22 Forum Resident

RSteven and pghmusiclover like this.
  9. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

I noticed the regular digipack version at my store today. Glad I forked out the mere 4 euros extra for the book size version.

Galley and Echo like this.
  10. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

I preordered the color vinyl 2 LP set and the Deluxe CD package from Amazon back in November. I’ve been waiting patiently for Amazon to get them in stock and deliver them via my Prime membership. Now I realize that will never happen .
    I looked around to buy from another source and everyone is sold out and the few available copies are going for rip- off prices. So what happened here?
    Did LITA drop the ball , not anticipating the demand?
    It’s not like I waited until the last minute- I preordered as soon as I learned of the releases. At least on the Deluxe CD and regular vinyl enough copies should have been pressed to meet initial demand. As it stands, many of the collectors items went to dealers to be sold at high prices.
    Anyone think the Deluxe CD will be repressed?

sharedon and Bob F like this.
  11. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I’ve learned the best way to get things like this is to pre-order direct if that’s an option, before going to Amazon. I ordered mine from her web site. That being said, however, Amazon has been very reliable if you pre-order early. Sounds like you did, that is unusual in my experience. Hope you can find one. Since she did this herself, I would imagine if the demand is there, you can bet she’ll repress. She also seems to respond to messages on her site and cares about her fans. Wouldn’t hurt to let her know direct you did pre-order and didn’t get one. I bet she could come up with one!

RSteven and Bob F like this.
  12. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Looks ( based on Euro Retailers update ) like the black vinyl will get a repress in June but nothing on the Deluxe CD yet . Already going for crazy prices ; nuts
    Sorry to read that Amazon drop the ball on you here .

RSteven, Bob F and Jrr like this.
  13. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

She’d have to come up with thousands of copies to satisfy all the people who got screwed out of the Deluxe Book+CD edition by Amazon (and LITA?). I’m a longtime (and I hope valued) member of the Sinatra Family Forum, and I’ve been asking about the Amazon availability for months.

All I’ve heard in response is the sound of crickets. I finally gave up. I think highly of Nancy, and I’m sure if she had any control at all over the distribution, she would have responded. See the SFF thread, starting about here:

START WALKIN' 1965-1976 (2021) - Page 12

Shawn, jeremylr, RSteven and 3 others like this.
  14. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Gosh , what a mess !

15. AnalogueAndy

You may not have to: Banquet Records in the U.K. apparently still have the CD + Hardback book in stock. You may have to pay a bit more than you would’ve through Amazon but at least you’ll have one without paying the ridiculous second-party prices.
    Good luck.

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin' 1965-1976

Mr. Siegal, sonnyrock and lou a like this.
  16. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

I am slightly concerned about my order with Banquet Records as my original order was on April 2 and I got a follow-up email about a week later that there was a supply issue. I finally got a notice that is was "dispatched" on April 14th, but I still have not received it or any further update information. I will let everyone know when and if it finally shows up. Luckily, I already had secured a deluxe version from Nancy's Bootique, but this second copy was intended as a gift for my daughter.

Bob F likes this.
  17. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

Re: “you may have to pay a bit more”

What I wrote at the SFF: As much as I love Nancy, and would love to have the book, I’m not going to pay USD $47 ($30 plus $17 shipping) for an item which Amazon promised for $14 (with free shipping) which is still pending delivery.

FJFP, sharedon and RSteven like this.
  18. AnalogueAndy

My experience is same as yours albeit I ordered some days after you. I received the “dispatched” notice on the 14th as well. I do a fair amount of online ordering from the UK and have accepted that items occasionally do take time to get to me (the proverbial six to eight weeks in some cases) so at this point, I’m not too concerned. We’ll both stay tuned.

RSteven likes this.
  19. AnalogueAndy

Okay, I hear you now. As much as you love Nancy, you really only love her at the Amazon price level. Cool. I on the other hand have no issues paying a bit more for an item from an artist I respect and admire, especially when my paying a bit more is totally my fault (didn’t think the Deluxe version would sell out so fast from the Boutique).

pghmusiclover and Echo like this.
  20. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

You missed my point: $47 is not just “a bit” more than $14.

It’s not a matter of how much I respect and admire the artist, and it is certainly NOT my fault that Amazon accepted pre-orders for an item they never delivered. I would have gladly paid more when I placed my order almost six months ago, if Amazon had not lied about the availability. And the lie continues: My Amazon.com order still says “Expected by May 27!”

21. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Thanks!!
    I just ordered the deluxe CD with book and colored vinyl from them .

AnalogueAndy likes this.
  22. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

By the way , I kept my Amazon CD order at around $13 which was placed back on Nov 7. I’m interested in seeing what I get?!!

RSteven likes this.
  23. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I did buy a vinyl copy from the one seller who had stock (UK) but it had a fault. Returning and getting money back involved too many emails including a standard reply that suggested putting a coin on your head shell! I need no encouragement in sticking to Amazon now. BTW the sound is variable and overall a bit disappointing. A bit flat sounding with suggestions of 16 bit digital source. Maybe they will do a better job with the two vinyl albums scheduled. Perhaps should stick to CD with this comp?

Daveymoore likes this.
  24. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Just wondering: someone mentioned that LITA was only planning on releasing Boots, Keep Walking , and the Nancy And Lee stuff. True?
    I was hoping for all of the obscure singles, b sides, RCA album, unreleased stuff , and maybe a live album recorded during the nineties.
    Anyone know for sure what LITA has planned?

RSteven likes this.
  25. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

Well the booklet in Keep Walking has a small section at the end called The Nancy Sinatra archival series and it features photos of the single previously released , the Boots Reprise album and the 2 Nancy & Lee , so i assume thats going to be it .
    i was expecting all Reprise albums to be reissued