Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

They've offered me nothing but to return them , i posted on twitter again , another complaint being forwarded about packaging & i sent an email to Jeff & i'll deal with customer service again tomorrow to see what we do about this one .

I hope this doesn't last long , pretty soon i'll be done buying from them , it's just not worth it .... It's all them , they are packing them & all have been delivered by their vans , can't blame ups or USPS .

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I guess I have been lucky, I have ordered probably 20 lps over last couple years and none of them have been damaged. Either came in record cardboard package or in box with other items with tons of foam. I also live close to several Amazon warehouses though, which have short commute to my house.

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  3. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

4. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

I just mean whatever the Amazon price was, below MSRP. If it was just a few bucks then I would agree that it’s not worth all the trouble.

I still make the very occasional Amazon record purchase (they can lure me in once or twice a year), but the discount has to be so unbelievably great that the risk of having to play this multiple-returns game won’t make me feel like I actually lost out in the long run.

5. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

RiRiIII, Tjazz, latheofheaven and 5 others like this.
  6. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

There is a lengthy discussion on this release here.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  7. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Hopefully that doesn't change , up until this week i never had problems like this , always shipped in lp mailers a lot of times also in an Extra box , we recently got a warehouse about 10 minutes away out in back of my neighborhood , i have to wonder if that's what changed it , they figure local delivery & their drivers won't Destroy lps in short trips ?

8. Muffinbutt

Could be but it should still be packaged better than being in plastic that offers no protection

Davidmk5 and latheofheaven like this.
  9. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I stopped at two and requested a refund. Took over a month for the refund after Amazon received the return.

Davidmk5, Reese and latheofheaven like this.
  10. Ugh, that thread is a mess.

Matt I likes this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

12. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

elsanto, Shawn, Dignan2000 and 3 others like this.
  13. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

Hey guys.. I ordered 3 import LPs on Amazon through rarewaves in one order. Delivery estimate is the 6th-12th. Package came yesterday but only 1 LP (only 1 listed on the enclosed invoice). Do they usually send items separately or should I be concerned?

14. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Separately, in my experience.

15. Muffinbutt

Way overpriced for this, the box is nothing special to justify its asking price. If it got to $45 I’d buy it

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nah, join the rest of us and wait for <$40 ;)

i'm imagining amazon is probably sitting on a ton of these. i have a good feeling we'll see this continue to drop.

17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Davidmk5, latheofheaven and SJP like this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Disliked your post.

I'd keep ordering and returning until they figured out how to get it right. I cannot fathom in what Amazon manual this is even remotely acceptable.

19. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I ordered mine along with some other junk that all shipped today so I am VERY much hoping it comes in one large box. Fingers crossed.

21. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

I’ve seen conflicting reports on whether this is really mono. I no longer own a stereo version on vinyl, so I’m not canceling my order. If it’s stereo, fine; if it’s mono, it’ll be a nice backup for the superb mono box version.

22. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

You’d be hurting yourself far more than you’d be hurting Amazon. You’d really get a sense of satisfaction repackaging and reshipping things back to them constantly? I get pissed off at the inconvenience of doing it once.

23. You then run the risk of Amazon refusing to sell you physical product.

Matt I and black sheriff like this.
  24. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

That's the weed...

GentleSenator, Reese, elsanto and 4 others like this.